THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#536588 - 09/11/09 11:29 AM Eight years ago today I was .......
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

In Whistler waking up getting coffee at Starbucks for my Gf and myself..watching the second plane ram into the second tower. I went back to the hotel and was glued to the TV for hours...we finally decided to go out mountain biking to clear our heads, sadness turned into anger, It was weird being in a foreign country during all of this.

The border was closed down so we were stuck there for an extra few days..was nice to get back on American soil. Where were you on 9-11-01 ?

- Albert Einstein.

#536593 - 09/11/09 11:46 AM Re: Eight years ago today I was ....... [Re: Sol Duc]
Happy Birthday The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
I was at work, working on three or four computers/projects off in different buildings.

Around 10:30 am or so, someone finally asked me if I had heard about what had happened. What the guy said was SO overwhelming, that I told him he was full of [censored].

Yeah, right - both the twin towers came down, the Pentagon was hit, and another plane crashed in a field. Uh huh. Sure they did......

It was when he got pissed at me and hauled me over to his office where he had a little TV showing CNN and I got to see the days events.

Just about blew my mind. Got *real* angry after that.

I mean come on - I was really confused as to why our government would WANT to plant nano-thermite in the twin towers to bring them down.

(Sorry, that sentence was for H20.... smile )

#536594 - 09/11/09 11:46 AM Re: Eight years ago today I was ....... [Re: Sol Duc]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Never forget. Never forgive. Chase them down until they are all dead.

That was the feeling I had that day, and that is the feeling I still have to this day. I got chills this morning driving to work listening to replays of that days events. Still makes me very sad, and very angry.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#536595 - 09/11/09 11:48 AM Re: Eight years ago today I was ....... [Re: Sol Duc]
SciGuy Offline
Superstar in diapers

Loc: B.I.
I was in a lab at UNC. Someone set up a TV in the foyer and a group of 30 or so people watched things unfold. I remember seeing the burning buildings and thinking that the number of deaths would be relatively small...and then the buildings crumbled...and then the events at the Pentagon were announced. I spent the rest of the day across the street at the hospital helping the staff prepare in case we started getting overflow from DC hospitals...never happened but it was surreal.

Put 'em back.

#536614 - 09/11/09 12:52 PM Re: Eight years ago today I was ....... [Re: SciGuy]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
I got a call from my gf at the time and she told me to turn on the TV. I was in awe. I felt sick and sad. Sad for the people that lost their lives in the plane, sad for the people that lost their lives on the ground, sad for those with loved ones, sad for our country, and sad at the inevitability of people using the event to further their own agendas.

I remember going to fish the lower Hoh in the days after 9/11, in large part to just "get away". I remember being out there and hearing/seeing a jet fly over. Normally, that wouldn't even register but there had been no planes in the air for days and I just sat down and watched it until I could no longer see it.

I remember being disappointed as a wave of simplistic, blind anger began to replace the confusion and sadness we all felt. Chinese-made pro-America bumberstickers took over the cars and fear and paranoia lead to some horrible decisions.

Perhaps one of the few good things to come of those events is the Americans will NEVER allow planes to be hijacked like that again. Any one of us would be willing to rip the throat out of a terrorist attempting such a thing.

I have the deepest appreciation for our emergency service workers who stepped up to the call. That includes firefighters, police, and EMTs. Many of those people gave their lives trying to save would could have been any of us. And ones that didn't give their lives that day surely took years off their life due to the toxic conditions and emotional scars they certainly acquired.

#536639 - 09/11/09 01:14 PM Re: Eight years ago today I was ....... [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
bullshooter Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: graham wa.
I was on my way to work, listening to the Howard Stern show. I thought it was a hoax until I got to work and checked all the other TV stations. As stated above, made me feel uncontrollably angry and sick. To this day I still can't come up with a harsh enough punishment for those involved in the attacks. I can only hope there is a special place in eternal hell for the attackers. God Bless the victims and their families, all of the emergency personal, and everyone that was affected by the events on 9/11. I feel it is a huge scar for everybody to bear. One of the most inspirational stories of the day was that when searching for survivors, many of the bodies of rescue personal were still headed up the twin towers, flashlights lit up, there was nothing short of the buildings collapsing that was going to keep them from doing all they could to save lives. HEROES!!!

Another thought: I work in Puyallup and see lots of plane traffic between our little airport, Seatac, and McChord. It was a really eerie feeling to not see any planes flying for the 2-3 days after the attacks. Anyone else get that feeling?

Edited by bullshooter (09/11/09 01:24 PM)

#536641 - 09/11/09 01:16 PM Re: Eight years ago today I was ....... [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
Twitch Offline
The Beav

Loc: Oregon Central Coast
Eating cereal, getting ready to go do a prescribed burn. Was trying to figure out why there were showing Independence Day, or Die Hard, or whatever, in the morning. Then I noticed the Today Show logo... things got wierd, I slapped a VHS tap ein, hit record, and went to work.

Was working for the govt., and once at work, we were allowed to stay in, and watch our crappy tv in the warehouse, instead of doing the burn...

Still have that tape, it starts right as the second plane comes in...

#536650 - 09/11/09 01:27 PM Re: Eight years ago today I was ....... [Re: Twitch]
Big Stick Offline
"Sasquatch on Land"

Loc: Paradise,AK.
I was in a floating Logging Camp,getting ready to go to work in a 500.

Once the [censored] hit the fan,all Operations were grounded for 5 days and we Casted & Blasted like noone has ever seen(or will). Pard poked his out that day and it took a call to Jesus Christ himself,to get clearance to MediVac him out.

I voted in a nano second to turn things to glass and curiously enough,haven't thought differently since.

(Please disregard my Post count,should you find it unsettling.)

#536653 - 09/11/09 01:36 PM Re: Eight years ago today I was ....... [Re: Big Stick]
alanmikkelsen Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: St. Ignatius, MT
In a Congressional office in the Cannon House Office building, Washington, D.C. I interrupted a constituent meeting the congressman was in and told him we were under attack. The office building was evacuated. After seeing the staff was out and OK, I went back in and spent several hours on the phone with Montana press that was wanting D.C. updates. Never forget.

#536654 - 09/11/09 01:42 PM Re: Eight years ago today I was ....... [Re: Big Stick]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
Watched the events unfold as I packed for the high hunt. I cried and prayed for those poor souls and could not fathom the terror and pain some endured nor the loss their families were faced with. To say I was pissed is an understatement...I still am.

The next day Sept 12th I was in the middle of nowhere in the high country, no planes or the sounds of anything manmade except our lantern hissing....

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#536677 - 09/11/09 02:48 PM Re: Eight years ago today I was ....... [Re: ]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
There should be a thread here in the archives from 9/11/01.

#536678 - 09/11/09 02:49 PM Re: Eight years ago today I was ....... [Re: ]
ISO Chrome
Unregistered

I was working at my home office and got a call from a friend (he was pretty damn frantic) and he told me to get my TV turned on. He didn't say why, but that I needed to be watching CNN.

My Dad and I sat there for a couple hours watching the carnage.

And now, today, our armed forces are still hunting that putz who is living in some hole somewhere in Pakistan...

The entire region should be renamed: Turnedtoglassistan

JMHO.

Mike

Edited by ISO Chrome (09/11/09 02:50 PM)

#536684 - 09/11/09 03:00 PM Re: Eight years ago today I was ....... [Re: ]
bullshooter Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: graham wa.
Originally Posted By: ISO Chrome

The entire region should be renamed: Turnedtoglassistan

JMHO.

Mike

+1, thats a good one

#536689 - 09/11/09 03:07 PM Re: Eight years ago today I was ....... [Re: ]
SundayMoney Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett
I was at work and got the news from a buddy that was in the breakroom. At first I thought he was talking about a Cessna or something. Walked back to the breakroom just about the time the second plane hit.

My wife had just gone back to work from maternity leave. She was about a block from the Pentagon when it got hit. Naturally she was in full panic mode when she called. With all the planes grounded,she couldn't get home. Couldn't get a rental car or on a train either.

My truck was packed and I was about 15 minutes from heading back east to ger her the [censored] outta there when she called and said she was finally able to get a flight home.

#536731 - 09/11/09 03:58 PM Re: Eight years ago today I was ....... [Re: SundayMoney]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Sitting down eating breakfast and reading the paper. Had just finished discussing anniversary dinner plans for that night with my now ex wife.
A buddy called and told me to turn on the TV. Canceled the dinner plans and stayed home from work. Very sad day and one I'll never forget.

#536751 - 09/11/09 04:28 PM Re: Eight years ago today I was ....... [Re: stonefish]
fishhog Offline
Spawner

Loc: Whatcom
Was getting ready for work, when the news flash came on. I saw the first tower smoking and saw the plane impact the second.
I will never forget the horrifying images of people leaping to their deaths.

It was the biggest loss of life on US soil in US history. Why more Americans aren't still outraged is beyond me.

NEVER FORGET!!!

#536762 - 09/11/09 05:06 PM Re: Eight years ago today I was ....... [Re: fishhog]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
My wife & I both had the day off and were sleeping in with out 3 month old baby when we got the call to turn on the TV. Turned it on just in time to see #2 slam in.
I full expected & hoped for Kabul to be nuked.
I also worried for my new baby wondering what kind of world was about to come.

We lived under the airport flight approach and the 3 days of silence was eerie.

#536770 - 09/11/09 05:37 PM Re: Eight years ago today I was ....... [Re: Irie]
OneMoreCast Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Auburn
Driving to work hearing about an airplane crash in NYC, spending half of the day sick to my stomach with co-workers hundle around a TV. Completely pissed at the images of some Middle East bastards dance in the streets. Going home and giving my kids and wife a hug, thinking our world has forever changed.I remember the eerie silence of no airplane traffic also Irie. My father was stuck on the tarmac at Sea-Tac for 4hrs trying to get to Vegas. **Never Forget**

Edited by OneMoreCast (09/11/09 05:41 PM)

#536982 - 09/12/09 02:32 PM Re: Eight years ago today I was ....... [Re: OneMoreCast]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Getting ready to go to work in the morning, turned on the news just in time to see the second plane hit live...gives me chills still, these years later.

Took the first half of the day off and watched it all unfold, went out in the afternoon and the only things flying were fighter jets...which is a surely strange thing to see in Seattle.

The stuff that hit me the most in the aftermath was the sympathy coming from most of the world...we were always the ones to commiserate with those in the world who were being hammered by something or other, and we were forcibly admitted into the rest of the world, who at one time or another has worn a target.

What should have been a time to get together and get the bastards who were responsible for it has turned into the biggest clusterfukk in the modern history of our nation, we'll be feeling the effects of it forever.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#537095 - 09/12/09 11:33 PM Re: Eight years ago today I was ....... [Re: ]
lovetofish365 Offline
Hahahaha haha ha

Loc: Silverdale WA
i was getting ready for work...worked at fedex still at the time...called my sister when they were showing the footage of the first plane hitting the tower...watched the second hit live...couldnt belive what i was seeing...i still get chills..and to this day the flag has put on a whole new meaning to me...

it was difficult to head to work...we ship almost 95 percent of our freight on planes...that day we had already got our freight, but we were grounded for several days...we didnt know what our jobs were going to turn into...it was so erie to not see planes in the air...i belive we fly around 586 planes a day to get freight everywhere....

we all stood (250 of us that day) in a huge circle and gave a very long moment of silence...it is the only time i have ever heard a "prayer" in the workplace....i have a hard time to this day talking about it...there were some people at my work that were directly effected by death of family members...it was really hard on them not knowing if they were alive or in some cases not....

hope something like that never happens again.....words cant decribe it for me....c

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 1434 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645377 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |