Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#623774 - 09/24/10 07:53 PM The only folks less popular than the Democrats
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
Are the republicans.

This from a recent poll

The poll, conducted by the Associated Press, found that while 60 percent of Americans disapprove of the job congressional Democrats are doing, 68 percent frown on how Republicans are performing.

See full article here:

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/143817.html

Edited by Dave Vedder (09/24/10 07:54 PM)

#623796 - 09/24/10 09:20 PM Re: The only folks less popular than the Democrats [Re: Dave Vedder]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
74% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

It just goes to show you that I have been right all along. They are all assholes, and America agrees with me.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#623801 - 09/24/10 09:46 PM Re: The only folks less popular than the Democrats [Re: ]
mowsley Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: walla walla valley
thats the funny thing about polls, theyre about as worthless as tits on a boar.

#623806 - 09/24/10 10:27 PM Re: The only folks less popular than the Democrats [Re: Dogfish]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Dogfish. Agreed!

AM: My dad always said something was as useless as tits on bacon.

#623807 - 09/24/10 10:30 PM Re: The only folks less popular than the Democrats [Re: ]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Hankster:

Apples - oranges. The site/poll you referred to was only discussing independents, not all voters.

#623819 - 09/24/10 11:22 PM Re: The only folks less popular than the Democrats [Re: ]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope
Actually polls are accurate depending on the purpose. Several pollsters are very accurate but many are not. It is about how you and what you ask as a question. Party and issue pollsters spend time and money researching what the odds are of a response to a question is. Example is " Do you support the Obama Administration health-care plan ". No is the majority response if not biased.

Now that Libs are screeching do not be dismayed. If the question is " do you support the reform of the nations health-care system and cost control " ................. the answer is majority yes. The piece of bartered up crap that passed will not work and most realize this just as most realize the present system is broke. So it polls both ways but fear not, the throw the bums out thing is growing and sooner or later we will get election reform that breaks the hold of the two parties.

It is the way the question is asked that is critical in polls.

Edited by Rivrguy (09/24/10 11:23 PM)

#623887 - 09/25/10 02:06 PM Re: The only folks less popular than the Democrats [Re: ]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Unless the poll is by district it is little more than a point in time. National or even state polls not by district will not be accurate as to election returns. That a 55 / 45 spilt that is now 60 / 40 ( or larger or smaller ) means little as it changes nothing in the outcome. It does poll nicely though.

#623890 - 09/25/10 02:12 PM Re: The only folks less popular than the Democrats [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Dave is running scared like all the other democrap incumbents that are going to be kicked to the curb in 39 day's. beer

Once again the R's will have to clean up the mess. cry

- Albert Einstein.

#623895 - 09/25/10 03:02 PM Re: The only folks less popular than the Democrats [Re: Sol Duc]
Mingo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kona, Hawaii
All politicians are liars. The better liar + skillful spin doctoring = victory. It is an image game, not a truth game. Get people's heads all messed up around stupid crap like someone's religion or if someone can see Russia from their potty while dropping a deuce and they will lose sight of the important things like the issues that will actually affect their lives.

Baffle and Bewilder. Those are the codes. Hide the truth about candidate X. If it comes out, launch a counter-attack with the ever-useful "candidate Z is Hitler" posters.

I know zero Republicans who are not embarrassed as hell by the bible-thumping right. I also know zero Democrats who are not embarrassed by the freaky Maoist left. The rest of us are in the middle sucking our thumbs going "[censored]! fooled again!'

#623896 - 09/25/10 03:05 PM Re: The only folks less popular than the Democrats [Re: ]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Beach time and relax you so guys enjoy. Better polls Hanster. One thing to dig into is something a Senator taught me. Find out if the base numbers are based upon citizens OR probable voters. ( not likely ) Makes a big diff. Also it seems Independents, male boomers are the pissed off ones. Women & young still hanging in the D fold and as they are the greatest users of government services that makes sense.

Once was told that 25% are MODO socy's are the D's base, 25% bible thumpers and god will get you are the R's base. The rest of us left/right of center depending how you peg center. In our state it was what was called a Scoop Jackson Demo or you could be a Rockefeller Republican ( or Dan Evans R ) and both were similar views. Once they were called the silent majority, then Reagan Democrats, now it is independents and frankly the D's are going to get the holy [censored] kicked out of them just like the R's did two years ago. It is throw the bums out time........................ but it is not for the R's but against the D's. The base of parties push forward things but why on hell the D's thought the Move On Dot Org bit would fly with bluedog D's and independents is beyond me. The plastic surgery queen and prince Harry have really screwed the President over but Mr. Clinton had the same thing happen and came out gunning and got more out of the R congress than the D one. BO he will adapt and frankly will do better as events make Presidents not parties. He just won't be happy about it. Life is a bitch.

Edited by Rivrguy (09/25/10 07:10 PM)

#624048 - 09/26/10 12:01 PM Re: The only folks less popular than the Democrats [Re: Rivrguy]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Term limits for everyone....especially judges!!
For senators and congressmen.....2 terms
Governors...one term with performance evaluations by Dogfish every year!
President?....eliminate the position...

my 2

#624119 - 09/26/10 02:55 PM Re: The only folks less popular than the Democrats [Re: ParaLeaks]
bait dunker Offline
Village Idiot

[quote=Slab Happy]Term limits for everyone....especially judges!!
For senators and congressmen.....2 terms
Governors...one term with performance evaluations by Dogfish every year!
President?....eliminate the position...

We have the ability to enact a term limit every election. Term limits would however in my opinion, allow the beaurocrats more control.

#624123 - 09/26/10 03:10 PM Re: The only folks less popular than the Democrats [Re: bait dunker]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

"Once again the R's will have to clean up the mess."

I've been around a few years now, and I cannot recall the Rs ever cleaning up a political mess. Left a few tho, as have their D counterparts. The thing I like best about having Ds in office is that they occupy a place that otherwise might have been filled with a RWWJ Republican. These days that's a positive service, but admittedly not the job I'd druther they actually do. But that would be asking a lot of anyone with Politician as a job title.

KInd of like this Murray/Rossi non-race. Murray doesn't really do much that impresses me. But I'll vote for her just to prevent the damage I'm confident that Rossi will do if elected. I wonder if this is what the founding fathers had in mind in regards to the electoral process.

Sg

#624133 - 09/26/10 04:19 PM Re: The only folks less popular than the Democrats [Re: Salmo g.]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Not taking sides SG but if you have been around a few years then YOU DO remember the R's cleaning up the D's mess. Reagan took over from Mr. Carter ( whom I voted for TWICE ) and managed to get the economy turned around. We had stagflation, inflation, sky high interest rates, oh hell it was a mess. It was a tax increase ( after the famous " read my lips " ) by Bush senior that allowed the Clinton Administration to go forward with surpluses. It also cost Mr Bush the election if I recall. One could also bring FDR in doing cleanup on the R mess which was a depression also.

Bottom line is both parties seem to have a knack for making a mess out of things. Pure chance seems to be the driver on who gets to clean the mess up. When I was a kid Mr. Truman was regarded as the village idiot. History says now he was one of the most pragmatic and successful. Ike was thought to be nice guy but did little. He now is thought to have done rather well. In fact some historians feel he was the perfect president for his time. Nothing really dramatic ( other than ending Korea and a new transportation system ) but he allowed for the country and world to recover from WWII & Korea, be it temporary.

Sometimes we all allow personal preferences to fog up the view reality provides.

Edited by Rivrguy (09/26/10 04:20 PM)

#624135 - 09/26/10 05:01 PM Re: The only folks less popular than the Democrats [Re: Rivrguy]
Big_Daddy
Unregistered

I couldn't care less what the topic is.

What we need is.......

Mingo to post A LOT MORE...........

Now what was this thread about?

#624186 - 09/26/10 09:27 PM Re: The only folks less popular than the Democrats [Re: ]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Sol Duc:

Too silly. I have repeatedly predicted a big R win. Afraid? Hardly. This is how our system works. We put in one party and they piss us off - remember when the D had big gains after we were tired of Bush and the Rs. It's the way of our system.

I believe we have such deep and systemic problems that no president or party will remain popular for long. It will take a miracle worker to resolve the deficit problem without alienating an awful lot of Americans, Ditto health care, Social Security, global warming, trade imbalance, etc. etc.

I predict repeated bouts of party power flip flops as the people become more and more disenchanted with how things are going.

My point was, and remains, that the people are mad at both parties, and for good reason hence the successes of the tea party movement.

But anyone that thinks a big R victory will result in them "fixing" what they perceive as our problems is delusional. For one, no one forecasts a R victory that will result in a filibuster proof majority and we will still have a D president. I predict what we will have is total gridlock. The Rs have said no to every D idea. Do you really think the Ds will go along with their agenda?

BTW I don’t think gridlock is all bad. Sometimes doing nothing is the best you can do.

Edited by Dave Vedder (09/26/10 11:05 PM)

#624192 - 09/26/10 09:54 PM Re: The only folks less popular than the Democrats [Re: Dave Vedder]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Mr. Vedder, hats off to you guy! That is what they call a direct hit! applause applause beer applause applause

The man has spoken................................................ kneel

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (wolverine, Carcassman), 1459 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |