Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#752508 - 04/07/12 08:58 PM My message to the State Park
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen

Edited by Slab Happy (04/07/12 08:58 PM)

#752509 - 04/07/12 09:04 PM Re: My message to the State Park [Re: ParaLeaks]
Illyrian Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Spokane, wa
Ya know if this supplies the coin they need to maintain the parks, so
be it. However, having to buy one for each vehicle is total BS.

#752510 - 04/07/12 09:11 PM Re: My message to the State Park [Re: ParaLeaks]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

thumbs

- Albert Einstein.

#752511 - 04/07/12 09:13 PM Re: My message to the State Park [Re: Sol Duc]
Dub Offline
Returning Adult

It covers 2 vehicles now. So does the WDFW pass.

#752514 - 04/07/12 09:47 PM Re: My message to the State Park [Re: Dub]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Here's my b!tch. If they wanted to raise the money by charging everyone who uses it, fine. But for those who live close enough to bike in or walk in or horseback in....free. WTH is that? Make everybody pay! It may be transferable, but I still can't meet my wife at the park without buying another, can I? And you can't park close because of the new "No Parking" signs.
Walk-ins......$10 season or $5 day
Kids...$1 day or $5 season
Also should break out State Park fee from DNR/WDFW in a more appropriate split and make it possible to get one or the other at a reduced rate or the combo.

As it is....it sucks.

#752525 - 04/08/12 03:02 AM Re: My message to the State Park [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

If you knew what you were talking about you'd be dangerous. rofl

Fort Worden is right in the middle of Port Townsend.
And it is fenced with openings in various places. Easy walk if you live in town.

Fort Flagler is on the end of Marrowstone Island, fenced, BTW. More a biker's destination as only a few people live close.

Fort Townsend is also at the end of a road. Same as Flagler.

There's three just in this area.

And yes, I would require everyone to carry a card. Just like clam digging.

#752596 - 04/08/12 11:12 PM Re: My message to the State Park [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Abu's just pissed because he's gonna miss another Springer season. frown
He USED to be quite good at catching them and posting pics, but that was a few seasons ago. Methinks his "living the dream" is about to come to an abrupt end.

#752620 - 04/09/12 01:43 AM Re: My message to the State Park [Re: ParaLeaks]
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: Slab Happy

I like the artwork and the thought behind your mobile message. Should create a similar bumbersticker to sell, and donate the proceeds to state politicians who pledge to repeal the Discover Pass. Don't imagine state officials would be too pleased to see thousands of ex park patrons parading their "attitude" around. Don't be worried about the lack of immediate acceptance for your effort; it took Van Gogh an ear or so, before he caught on.

#752637 - 04/09/12 11:20 AM Re: My message to the State Park [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

In other words, he got dumped. rofl

- Albert Einstein.

#752659 - 04/09/12 02:51 PM Re: My message to the State Park [Re: Sol Duc]
c&b Offline
Parr

Loc: Kitsap County
My problem is I have been in WA since 92 and can count on one hand the number of state parks I have been to....I want 92 % of my money to go to DNR and WDFW where the majority of time is spent and send 8% to the parks. I don't go camping to enjoy the unruley kids and adults that tend to frequent the "Parks" so they can enjoy their Hot Showers and ammenities. Just my 2 cents

#752732 - 04/09/12 09:55 PM Re: My message to the State Park [Re: ]
Illyrian Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Spokane, wa
Off to Terra del Fuego hopefully??? beautiful place.

#752817 - 04/10/12 12:37 PM Re: My message to the State Park [Re: Illyrian]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
Here's a concept:

Charge car registration fees based on percentage value of the car. Add the money to the general fund, and add the State Parks budget to the General State Budget, so there are no Bullschit Fees or passes to deal with, whatsoever.

That way the Douchebags rolling around in Bentleys and Maseratis arent paying the same as some unemployed hick in Aberdeen is paying on his F-150, and all of us get to enjoy the parks we all pay for a little bit each, hassle free.

Fair, No?

OH WAIT.

We voted that system out in the 1990's when we decided to follow Tim Eyman like he was the PIED FVCKING PIPER.

What a great fvcking idea that was, guys. This is all YOUR mess, WA voters. Congrats!

Just so you could have $30 car tabs. Mine were only $19 until that SOB with his $70,000 Mercedes came along.

Every assh0le who has voted for an Eyeman initiative needs to have two discovery passes spotwelded to their nutsack--at their own expense--I mean it's them that's using it, right? cutit

#753004 - 04/11/12 01:41 AM Re: My message to the State Park [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

The car tab initiative was successful because, like most things under our present regime, the taxing of vehicles was abused beyond belief. If it had been reasonable, the thirty dollar thing would have failed. And now you see where it is.....abused again. It's a Democrat thing called spend first, worry about the bill......never. smile
The last time I got tabs for my truck it cost me eighty bucks....and I have a 96 Chev with 226K miles on it. Meanwhile, Joe Big Bucks pays about the same for his new truck....What's fair and equitable has nothing to do with much of anything in the eyes of the bozo's in power. So whatever we do, don't change a thing. rolleyes crazy

#753026 - 04/11/12 11:31 AM Re: My message to the State Park [Re: ParaLeaks]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
Originally Posted By: Slab Happy

The last time I got tabs for my truck it cost me eighty bucks....and I have a 96 Chev with 226K miles on it. Meanwhile, Joe Big Bucks pays about the same for his new truck....What's fair and equitable has nothing to do with much of anything in the eyes of the bozo's in power.

That's again thanks to Tim Eyman.

His initiative did away with the value-based registration fees and what replaced it was engine size and consumption.

So like I said, Tim Eyman with his $70,000 Mercedes and Paul Allen with his $500,000 Bugatti now pays less that YOU with your broken down POS truck. Gotta love Conservative logic. Get those who can't do math to vote against themselves so you can profit.

#753031 - 04/11/12 11:47 AM Re: My message to the State Park [Re: Irie]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
But...you sure it's not the Governor's fault?

It's got to be Obama's fault then.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#753045 - 04/11/12 12:45 PM Re: My message to the State Park [Re: ]
IrishRogue Offline
Poon it! Poon it! Poon it!

Loc: Yarrow Point
Originally Posted By: Chuck S.
It costs money to run the parks. Those who use them should pay for them. Seems logical to me.......

It does seem logical, but it adds a big cost structure and bureaucracy to sell, monitor and otherwise administer the program. I'd be for user fees if they added LESS THAN 5% to the costs of running whatever it is they capture fees for. But I bet that's false, but admittedly that's a guess.

You have to choose between two bad things:
* User fees, with the requisite overhead (as above) AND plain old annoyance factors
* A general fund of tax revenues, where "politics" decide budgets for things

It's easy to complain about BOTH of these, the question isn't if they have flaws, but which one of these two you prefer.

#753048 - 04/11/12 12:57 PM Re: My message to the State Park [Re: Todd]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
The new system doesn't work in regards to funding.
The old system didn't work because state never listened that it wasn't equitable. They were given plenty of opportunities to correct it, but failed to do so. Thus the situation we are in today.

I can remember paying over $700.00 + for tabs on a new rig. I drove the crap out of that vehicle, but as the vehicle aged the registration fee never really declined much to reflect the true market value based on its mileage.
When I went to trade it in with 175,000+ on it, you would have thought the thing was radioactive based on various dealers reactions.

I bought the DP because I like to visit our state parks. After enjoying them for free for 50+ years the fee was hard to accept. I chose to pay it because it was way less expensive then paying the daily fee and i wasn't going to let $30.00 a year from stopping me from doing what I enjoy. I'll continue to pay to play until the system changes.
I also know lots of folks that flat out refuse to purchase one and can appeciate their decision.

At $30.00 per year, it will take me 50 years to equal all of the benefit I paid toward the enjoyment and use of the Seattle monorail... wink

#753066 - 04/11/12 01:56 PM Re: My message to the State Park [Re: stonefish]
Piper
Unregistered

The discover pass would not be a bad system if they would actually make it user friendly - set the correct price point for a vehicle ($15/car $5/motorcycle) and make it a sticker for your licence plate when you renew your licence tabs - might as well make it an opt out as well just like the donation system they have now - it would be such an easy sell...

the rediculous thing you hang from a mirror is the stupidest setup ever! luckily my only visits to a state park are to camp and as long as you are paying to camp no pass needed!!

Edited by Piper (04/11/12 01:57 PM)

#753075 - 04/11/12 02:15 PM Re: My message to the State Park [Re: ]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
The mirror pass display is nearly as innovative as the old yellow WDFW VAP stickers that faded out in the sun.

#753102 - 04/11/12 03:57 PM Re: My message to the State Park [Re: ]
IrishRogue Offline
Poon it! Poon it! Poon it!

Loc: Yarrow Point
The excise tax on your car used to be a percentage of value, there were other flat things (monorail, etc) that were flat $ per car. The whole thing got torn up years ago and made flat $30/car, but it's creeping in various ways now.

To be clear I wasn't arguing for the old vehicle tax model, only pointing out that there are significant bureaucratic and convenience issues with user fees... And personally, I think they also discourage usage, and dis-proportionally provide access to 'expensive' things (see $70 fishing licenses) to those with greater disposable income -- not something I appreciate for our shared/natural resources.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 410 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |