LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#816616 - 01/20/13 09:19 PM Misery loves company and all that........
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Damn Flu bit my ass......It's been four or five days now the improvement is minimal.......

Could you just send someone over and put me out of my misery?

NOT ROSIE!

smile

I'm too old for this flue crap......it sucks.

#816625 - 01/20/13 09:46 PM Re: Misery loves company and all that........ [Re: ParaLeaks]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Hope you get better soon! Fluids.....

- Albert Einstein.

#816685 - 01/21/13 10:31 AM Re: Misery loves company and all that........ [Re: ]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope

Join the crowd. Doc said after the first week ( which I regard as a near death experience ) I could expect it to slowly go away over the next two weeks. Seems to be about a three week tour of things you did not want to do. Sweet ............... Not.

#816688 - 01/21/13 10:53 AM Re: Misery loves company and all that........ [Re: Rivrguy]
Saundu Offline
Spawner

wash ur hands a lot. Heard that it can reduce your chances of getting the flu by 50% AND watch out for door knobs. Grab them with the sleeve of your coat.
jus sayin
Start bein a germo phobe!

#816699 - 01/21/13 12:16 PM Re: Misery loves company and all that........ [Re: ParaLeaks]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Browns Point,Wa. USA
Originally Posted By: Slab Happy
Damn Flu bit my ass......It's been four or five days now the improvement is minimal.......

Could you just send someone over and put me out of my misery?

NOT ROSIE!

smile

I'm too old for this flue crap......it sucks.

Did you get a flu shot? I haven't and think it may be a prudent decision.
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

#816702 - 01/21/13 12:26 PM Re: Misery loves company and all that........ [Re: JTD]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

JTD....no, I didn't......first one I've passed on in the past 5 years or so. Mainly because there were just all kinds of conflicting data.....get a shot, shot doesn't work, second variety of shot out now...wtf?

Here's how my morning went this AM....
got up went outside to let the dogs off the porch
coughed hard
sht my pants
shower
go back to bed

get the shot.....

#816705 - 01/21/13 12:37 PM Re: Misery loves company and all that........ [Re: ParaLeaks]
NOFISH Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olalla, WA
Yeah, this time around was the real deal for sure, explosive shats and the bucket to puke in at the same time! On the half-hour for 3 hours, then once an hour for the next three. Slept most of the following day. Still can't eat more than a couple of bites without feelinf full. Helluva weight loss program.

Didn't get the shot this year, probably will next year.....this bug was probably one of the 34% that were not covered.

Damn Stam!
Remember, Ask yourself "What would Stam do?" smile

#816708 - 01/21/13 12:41 PM Re: Misery loves company and all that........ [Re: NOFISH]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: JTD
I haven't and think it may be a prudent decision

Not getting the flu shot is a prudent decision?

I don't think many health-care professionals would agree.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#816713 - 01/21/13 12:59 PM Re: Misery loves company and all that........ [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

That settles it then.

#816720 - 01/21/13 01:13 PM Re: Misery loves company and all that........ [Re: Dan S.]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
The last time I got the flu was when I got the flu shot, Made me sicker than a dog.
I havent had a flu shot in 7-8 years and havent gotten the flu. F*&^K that noise..plus I've read that by the time Flu shots are available for mass consumption the current strains have morphed typically 3 times and the shot is usually ineffective against the current strain. In addtion, the vaccines are packed with adjuvants that are not good for your body and can pose a lot of other health risks.

Just stay clean, eat well, and avoid sick people. If you get it, C'est la vie.

#816726 - 01/21/13 01:24 PM Re: Misery loves company and all that........ [Re: Dan S.]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Browns Point,Wa. USA
Originally Posted By: Dan S.
Originally Posted By: JTD
I haven't and think it may be a prudent decision

Not getting the flu shot is a prudent decision?

I don't think many health-care professionals would agree.

No... I see how that could be read either way... I think getting a flu shot would be prudent. The symptoms described sound fierce and if they are avoidable sign me up!
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

#816731 - 01/21/13 01:31 PM Re: Misery loves company and all that........ [Re: Sky-Guy]
Dan S. Offline

Skyley,

The flu shot doesn't give you the flu. It's not a live virus.

The flu shot protects you against the current flu strain much better than no flu shot does.

Vaccines have never been proven to cause anything other than Jenny McCarthy's hysteria.

HTH

#816734 - 01/21/13 01:40 PM Re: Misery loves company and all that........ [Re: Dan S.]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
I disagree Dan. Just because you get the flu shot doesn't mean you can't get the Flu. It can only serve to make the symptoms less severe.

To each their own, I'm not now will I ever get that shot. I rarely ever get sick too.

#816738 - 01/21/13 01:49 PM Re: Misery loves company and all that........ [Re: Sky-Guy]
Dan S. Offline

I didn't say that. I said the shot won't GIVE you the flu.

I'll take less severe symptoms any time.

#816741 - 01/21/13 01:53 PM Re: Misery loves company and all that........ [Re: Dan S.]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
For what it's worth...I've never had a flu shot, and I don't get the flu...if I get it bad then maybe I'll revisit my decision in the future.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#816763 - 01/21/13 03:13 PM Re: Misery loves company and all that........ [Re: ]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
No shot, no flu.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#816844 - 01/21/13 07:13 PM Re: Misery loves company and all that........ [Re: Jerry Garcia]
Illyrian Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Spokane, wa
Makes sense: not
No Small pox vaccine, no DPT vaccine, no pertussis vaccine,
no Salk vaccine, no influenza vaccine. etc ad nauseum,
All those vaccines just make you sick.

Keerist how can so many be so stupid?

#816856 - 01/21/13 07:42 PM Re: Misery loves company and all that........ [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Hankster
It settles nothing. All it means is I'm somehow miraculously resistant to the flu. I'm not discouraging people from getting a shot by any means.

Hope that helps.

Must be the copious amounts of nicotine inhaled daily?

- Albert Einstein.

#816858 - 01/21/13 07:44 PM Re: Misery loves company and all that........ [Re: Illyrian]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

I used to be young and bullet proof.

and then it happened.....

I got old.

eek

#816942 - 01/22/13 01:41 AM Re: Misery loves company and all that........ [Re: Saundu]
yarnballsdeep
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Saundu
wash ur hands a lot. Heard that it can reduce your chances of getting the flu by 50% AND watch out for door knobs. Grab them with the sleeve of your coat.
jus sayin
Start bein a germo phobe!

I'm that way all the time lately. And I have always been a hand washer. Had my first flu shot in a long time. No pain and I felt the same as whem I left. I know people here who have been sick for over two weeks and they are going to work and sticking it out. Fuk that. Seems like a never ending sickness and I'm glad I didn't catch it!!

Hope you feel better sooner than a couple weeks!

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1202 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645375 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |