Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#962116 - 08/02/16 02:32 PM Agree?
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

In all of our "compassion" we have twisted, subverted & perverted natural law. The weak and stupid are no longer Culled from existence. Instead we coddle them with handouts & slaps on the hand for miss behavior. There are only a few ways to change people's behavior away from lawlessness. Death, Imprisonment & the application of natural consequences.

All those whom the legal system cannot convince to play nice need to be dealt with differently. What we currently have isn't working. Do I want rampant lawlessness, and vigilante justice doled out to satisfy some blood lust I have? Not at all. I wish the extent of everyone's disagreements ended in some harsh words. Sadly "civilized" society fails to recognise that the rules that government sets forth and corrects most of our behavior does not work on a percentage of those around us. Less than civilized methods will need to be employed. Sadly many do gooder won't see the error of thier bleeding hearts until it has affected them In Some way. If you feel the need to turn the other check and let miscreants abscond with your things that is your right. I however understand that $=hours of my life. When you take my things you are stealing hours of my day. Time from family friends & recreation that will be replaced by more work by me.
Many with big hearts feel death is too harsh a punishment. I don't agree. So what solution do you warm of heart have? A public whipping, caining or general ass whipping at my hand would be an acceptable substitute to me.

#962118 - 08/02/16 03:10 PM Re: Agree? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
Agreed.

There is no longer consequences for bad choices, just look at California. The state house just voted August raghead appreciation month.

http://www.breitbart.com/california/2016/08/01/muslim-california-proclaim-august-appreciation-month/

Edited by RowVsWade (08/02/16 03:23 PM)

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#962119 - 08/02/16 03:27 PM Re: Agree? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Streamer Offline
No Stars for You!

Loc: T-Town
Agreed.

Streamer

#962131 - 08/02/16 05:41 PM Re: Agree? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Disagree.

Death isn't an appropriate punishment for theft.

There are crimes where death is an appropriate penalty, and I support a state's ability to sentence someone to die.

Hard labor for any number of years would be something I could support. I agree with you that theft is much more serious than our criminal justice system currently views it. Hard labor is neither cruel, nor unusual, when it comes to stealing property and time from someone.

I look at it like this - I'd feel bad for killing someone for breaking into my truck - but I'd sleep great if I could bash in their face with the butt of my shotgun, and then have them serve hard labor for 6 months.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#962133 - 08/02/16 06:27 PM Re: Agree? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Bent Metal Offline
Carcass

Loc: Sky River(WA) Clearwater(Id)
Originally Posted By: WDFW X 1 = 0
In all of our "compassion" we have twisted, subverted & perverted natural law. The weak and stupid are no longer Culled from existence. Instead we coddle them with handouts & slaps on the hand for miss behavior.

Birth Control......

#962135 - 08/02/16 06:54 PM Re: Agree? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
RICH G
Unregistered

Agree!!

People commit crimes because they don't fear the consequences, they know the criminal justice system will protect them.

#962137 - 08/02/16 07:14 PM Re: Agree? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
RICH G
Unregistered

I know that sounds crazy but it's true. Same goes with civil law, people screw each other over in business deals because the system protects the bad party.

Crime is like cancer, too big of business to cure.

I know you don't want to hear about Russia but they do some things better than us for instance; if you get pulled over driving with even a smell of alcohol on your breath, you loose your drivers licence for the rest of your life. If you molest someones kid, you disappear, if you screw someone over in a business deal the Mafia beats the crap out of you.

#962139 - 08/02/16 07:27 PM Re: Agree? [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Black lives matter....nuff said.

Edited by Sol Duc (08/02/16 07:33 PM)

- Albert Einstein.

#962140 - 08/02/16 07:30 PM Re: Agree? [Re: Dan S.]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Dan S.

I look at it like this - I'd feel bad for killing someone for breaking into my truck

No kidding, 25 to life would make anyone feel bad.

- Albert Einstein.

#962143 - 08/02/16 08:31 PM Re: Agree? [Re: Sol Duc]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
A public, Malaysian-style ass-ripping caning would be a good deterrent at the wrist slapping level.
Then ramp up from there.

#962167 - 08/03/16 09:03 AM Re: Agree? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Sort of agree.

I didn't take Dan to be such a bleeding heart liberal. Conceptually I agree that theft doesn't warrant death. However, pragmatically speaking, we have created a system that rewards theft. And some, like meth head tweekers, can't stop stealing no matter what. The pragmatist in me learns from LE and the justice system that 90% of the crime is committed by the same repeat offenders. So when that asshole tweeker breaks into your truck, if we were legally permitted to shoot the bastard dead, he will stop offending. And property crime rates will plummet. I maintain that the justice system went adrift when we stopped hanging horse thieves.

Sentencing a convicted felon to hard labor might sound appealing. But let's bear in mind that it now costs more to imprison one of these low lifes per year than it does to send them to Stanford University. That is an unfair cost burden to society. The only acceptable alternative to shooting the bastard IMO is a sentence wherein the convict earns enough to pay for his own imprisonment.

OK, now my bleeding heart. Anyone can make a mistake. Beat the holy sh!t out of the thief on the first offense. Kill him for the second. Yeah, I could be good with that.

Consequences. The laws of nature are full of 'em.

#962171 - 08/03/16 09:24 AM Re: Agree? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
RICH G
Unregistered

What could work is giving people convicted a choice, either go to regular jail and serve your full term, or go to a hard labor camp, eat nutriloaf, waive the governments obligation to pay your medical bills and serve a reduced term. Dig holes, fill them in, break big rocks into little rocks 14 hours a day, get the bull whip if you don't work hard enough. Also allow prisoners in the hard labor camp to smoke cigarettes and drink one 16 oz beer per day.

#962175 - 08/03/16 09:54 AM Re: Agree? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Hard labor has been deemed cruel and unusual punishment.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#962179 - 08/03/16 10:14 AM Re: Agree? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

Imprisonment doesn't work. Never has, never will. It's been said you can't fix stupid....

In my opinion, the only thing that will stop thieves from stealing is killing them. As much as I hate thieves, I don't think death is an appropriate punishment. Cutting off a hand, a la Arab tradition, might be effective, but if hard labor is over the line these days, that might be a non-starter.

Looks like we're stuck with the idiots and crooks for good.

#962180 - 08/03/16 10:26 AM Re: Agree? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Send the criminals to Australia. Or drop them on a large deserted island. Let them live as our forefathers did. Hard work and sweat equity will be their punishment.

#962182 - 08/03/16 10:36 AM Re: Agree? [Re: Dan S.]
willametteriveroutlaw Offline
Spawner

Loc: Idaho
Originally Posted By: Dan S.

I look at it like this - I'd feel bad for killing someone for breaking into my truck - but I'd sleep great if I could bash in their face with the butt of my shotgun, and then have them serve hard labor for 6 months.

Truck, I would agree. If they're in my house with my kids..

Different fukkin story..

Shitheads breed with other shitheads to create whole generations of shitheads..

Getting them out of the breeding stock wouldn't be a bad idea.

#962189 - 08/03/16 12:13 PM Re: Agree? [Re: Salmo g.]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
Sort of agree.

I didn't take Dan to be such a bleeding heart liberal. Conceptually I agree that theft doesn't warrant death. However, pragmatically speaking, we have created a system that rewards theft. And some, like meth head tweekers, can't stop stealing no matter what. The pragmatist in me learns from LE and the justice system that 90% of the crime is committed by the same repeat offenders. So when that asshole tweeker breaks into your truck, if we were legally permitted to shoot the bastard dead, he will stop offending. And property crime rates will plummet. I maintain that the justice system went adrift when we stopped hanging horse thieves.

Sentencing a convicted felon to hard labor might sound appealing. But let's bear in mind that it now costs more to imprison one of these low lifes per year than it does to send them to Stanford University. That is an unfair cost burden to society. The only acceptable alternative to shooting the bastard IMO is a sentence wherein the convict earns enough to pay for his own imprisonment.

OK, now my bleeding heart. Anyone can make a mistake. Beat the holy sh!t out of the thief on the first offense. Kill him for the second. Yeah, I could be good with that.

Salmo, they said the same thing about capital punishment, it is not a deterrent.

- Albert Einstein.

#962191 - 08/03/16 12:14 PM Re: Agree? [Re: FleaFlickr02]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: FleaFlickr02

Looks like we're stuck with the idiots and crooks for good.

This will NEVER change.

- Albert Einstein.

#962192 - 08/03/16 12:35 PM Re: Agree? [Re: Sol Duc]
grumpyr Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Orygun
Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
Sort of agree.

Salmo, they said the same thing about capital punishment, it is not a deterrent.

I can think of at least one person deterred by capital punishment

"I reject your reality and substitute my own"

#962194 - 08/03/16 12:44 PM Re: Agree? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Nothing is a deterrent to devoted criminals but capital punishment guarantees that it's a cure for recidivism.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (steely slammer, 1 invisible), 1445 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645377 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |