Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1052694 - 06/09/21 05:17 PM Critical Race Theory
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Another touchy subject bouncing around in the news.

What's your opinion on the Critical Race Theory and it being taught in schools?

Keith

#1052695 - 06/09/21 05:52 PM Re: Critical Race Theory [Re: stlhdr1]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
I don't see it as a problem as a poly sci, social science, or ethnic studies course.

#1052696 - 06/09/21 05:57 PM Re: Critical Race Theory [Re: stlhdr1]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

First, there doesn't seem to be one common definition. From some of what I've been reading I discovered that I'm an out and out racist. And to think I've spent a lifetime supporting racial equality via equal opportunity and the Civil Rights Act.

Some of what I'm reading says that equal opportunity isn't enough; there must be equity in outcomes. Sorry, I'm a scientist, yeah, natural science, but I know enough about social science to know that equitable outcomes are impossible until and unless every single input variable is equal. And you don't have to know that much about science to understand that never has and never will be the case. It defies physics, chemistry, and natural law. The only way to enforce equity of outcomes is through redistribution, to counter the laws of science and nature.

#1052708 - 06/10/21 10:30 AM Re: Critical Race Theory [Re: Salmo g.]
20 Gage Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.

The only way to enforce equity of outcomes is through redistribution, to counter the laws of science and nature.

And, as some in the administration will tell you, this is what crt is gonna end up providing...

You just have to clear your mind of the pale fog, and open the ole wallet up - cuz it’s on it’s way.

Edited by 20 Gage (06/10/21 10:36 AM)

#1052710 - 06/10/21 11:18 AM Re: Critical Race Theory [Re: Salmo g.]
DBS Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: worshington
Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
The only way to enforce equity of outcomes is through redistribution, to counter the laws of science and nature.

And that is something I'm against. I am ok with basic safety nets for the disabled, the elderly (Social Security which we pay into), neglected kids, and for the very poor via food stamps, for example, but I am against redistribution in a greater sense.

If someone chooses to be a lazy bum (evo) then let them. Just don't ask me to bail them out them other than food stamps. And if some folks want to work hard and get rich, let them.

#1052714 - 06/10/21 11:40 AM Re: Critical Race Theory [Re: DBS]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

But the question in my mind is will Critical Race Theory gain the traction necessary to change the way we all think? I mean if they, the "media outlets" beat on you with something for long enough, most start to follow the ideology and it becomes the norm.

Keith

#1052716 - 06/10/21 11:58 AM Re: Critical Race Theory [Re: stlhdr1]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Like Fox News

#1052718 - 06/10/21 12:22 PM Re: Critical Race Theory [Re: stlhdr1]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

Judging a person by the color of their skin instead of by their character is wrong.

Having Big Brother tell you who you should like and not like is wrong.

This is nothing more than another democratic sponsored racism cry.

#1052720 - 06/10/21 12:44 PM Re: Critical Race Theory [Re: stlhdr1]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Critical Race Theory is actually very critical of typical liberal approaches to social equality...but I doubt you knew that, or what the theory is, right?

Right.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#1052721 - 06/10/21 12:55 PM Re: Critical Race Theory [Re: stlhdr1]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

What ever Fox News says it is.
Or perhaps we could just alter the moon's orbit.

#1052722 - 06/10/21 01:04 PM Re: Critical Race Theory [Re: stlhdr1]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_race_theory

If it wasn't for the fact that it calls white supremacy what it is, right wingers would probably like CRT...it attacks every left wing attempt at social justice since the 70s.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#1052723 - 06/10/21 01:10 PM Re: Critical Race Theory [Re: stlhdr1]
DBS Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: worshington
Originally Posted By: stlhdr1
But the question in my mind is will Critical Race Theory gain the traction necessary to change the way we all think? I mean if they, the "media outlets" beat on you with something for long enough, most start to follow the ideology and it becomes the norm.

Keith

First off, we all have the option to not expose ourselves to propaganda. For starters, stop watching cable "news" shows. Trying to fill a 24 hour day when there's no real news leaves those cable shows too much time to opine. The evening network news is about all most people should watch, plus a reputable newspaper or two.

As far as "will Critical Race Theory gain the traction necessary to change the way we all think", I really don't know. I think some people will never understand racism until it's used against them. Like in about 50 yrs when there is a new majority.

As Louie CK said...

"I can go to any time--in the past. I don't want to go to the future and find out what happens to white people because we're gonna pay hard for this schit, you got to know that. We're not going to just fall from number one to two. They're gonna hold us down and fvck us in the ass forever. And we totally deserve it. But for now, wheeeeeeee!"

#1052724 - 06/10/21 01:40 PM Re: Critical Race Theory [Re: stlhdr1]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

i already said it would end up being a war against whites, and this is just the beginning...

what i truely find odd, is all the white woke people, behind BLM and all the other race based bullsh!t, that go along with it, not thinking that they will be turned on due to the color of their skin...

just as Democrats are using people of color, and i mean using, like using people and taking them for granted, people of color will use them to further their agenda's and when they are no longer needed, they will be thrown away in the trash...

and the media is behind all of it...

all the BLM sh!t, police stuff, etc, you saw it day and night, every day, all day... then the "stop asian hate" stuff, was all over the TV, night and day...

then, when the Jews started getting attacked in NY and other places, (which is happening as we speak), not nary a word is said...

wanna know why that is?

because most American Jews are, infact, white...

no one cares if whites are beat up, terrorized, killed, or anything, because all white people must deserve it...

for some dumb reason, people think that some white guy just landed in Africa and started going around plucking black people up and brought them here...

thats not what happened...

large tribes in Africa SOLD them to others, they are the people that should be damned, it happened in all 3 trades, the Saharan, the Indian, and the Atlantic, they already were slaves in Africa at the point when they were sold...

the Ashanti tribe was one of the largest, they sold and traded slaves for guns and other sh!t to European traders, if that name sounds familiar, it should... when Pelosi and her idiot cronies did that stupid photo op of them kneeling, they were wearing Kente cloths, which were very prominent in Ghana and that specific tribe...

people act like white people are the bane of the earth, and completely over look the evil and wrecklessness that their own people did to them and others, i guess its just easier to blame someone else than take responsibility...

people better start acting differently, or there will be a full scale war of the likes no one has ever seen, not even comparable to what happened in Haiti...

but 1000 times worse...

#1052725 - 06/10/21 01:45 PM Re: Critical Race Theory [Re: stlhdr1]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

matter of fact, the Libyan slave trade is still going on to this day, and not 1 person barking about white slave owners, will say a fvcking word about it...

they will flat out ignore it like it doesnt exist...

but it does exist, the same as it did 700 years ago...

#1052726 - 06/10/21 01:48 PM Re: Critical Race Theory [Re: 5 * General Evo]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Originally Posted By: Evo
people better start acting differently, or there will be a full scale war of the likes no one has ever seen, not even comparable to what happened in Haiti...

but 1000 times worse...

Damn, that's scary...

Keith

#1052727 - 06/10/21 01:48 PM Re: Critical Race Theory [Re: stlhdr1]
Krijack Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
"And unlike some strands of academic and legal thought, critical race theory has an open and activist agenda, with an emphasis on storytelling and personal experience. "

Personal experience relies on ones perspective. Several people can watch an event and end up with different opinions on what just happened.

For example, I was (unfortunately) at Walmart the other day. As I was watching a security member took over at the front door for a while. He started to ask almost everyone for a receipt. After a few minutes, a black couple walked up to the door with a fairly large item. When he asked for a receipt they started arguing with him and pushed by him and out the door. It appeared he wanted to stop them but then decided it wasn't worth it.

How much did their race play into it? That all depends on who you are. My assumption is that they assumed they were being single out for their race and did nothing illegal.
The guard's opinion may be different. He may have people of all races doing it to him all day. Or, he could have seen something that jumped out at him.
The couple could be thieves and bluffed their way out. They could just have had a bad day and hate the policy. Or, they could think it was only because of their race.

Trying to make a policy off opinions requires that you accept one opinion over the other. Whose you choose becomes a real problem.

Edited by Krijack (06/10/21 01:52 PM)

#1052729 - 06/10/21 02:00 PM Re: Critical Race Theory [Re: stlhdr1]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

"CRT...it attacks every left wing attempt at social justice since the 70s"

AND

Exploit social justice further than ever to the left.....

#1052730 - 06/10/21 02:05 PM Re: Critical Race Theory [Re: stlhdr1]
Krijack Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
I do a lot of real estate research and appraisal work. As such, I am often traveling out to take pictures or inspect a property. I can not count the number of times I have been approached and verbally abused. Just last week I went down an alley to take a look at the back of a home. A home owner came out and aggressively approached me and questioned me why I was walking down the alley. I politely told him and at some point gave him a business card. At which point he yelled at me about not liking people walking down the alley. By now I was annoyed. I pointed out I would not have been walking if his car was not blocking the alley. At that pointed he started screaming and threatening me. I got in my car and left. That's is what happens in this job. But, it seems daily I see some news article showing an altercation like this and blaming it on race.

#1052731 - 06/10/21 02:05 PM Re: Critical Race Theory [Re: stlhdr1]
DCC Offline
The Walnut

Since Rush croaked his sheep aren't sure what they are supposed to think about all this.

The current fight seems to be over who gets to reprogram society.....like it or not.

#1052732 - 06/10/21 02:07 PM Re: Critical Race Theory [Re: stlhdr1]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

2045 is when whites become a minority.
Evo you better get to breedin, times running out.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1229 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645375 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |