LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#382482 - 10/19/07 10:05 AM How many guitar players we got out there?
TBJ Offline
Carcass

Loc: Bainbridge Island
I was just practicing/playing some Skynyrd and reading posts and was wondering how many other members jam. I have been playing since I was a pot smoking teenager and my style has evolved from blues/rock to metal and back again. Would be cool to get a rocking jam going at a SolFly or similar get together.-Tom

Edited by TBJ (10/19/07 12:03 PM)

#382489 - 10/19/07 11:05 AM Re: How many guitar players we got out there? [Re: TBJ]
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo
H20 plays the drums. Base, anyone?

Merg can play the skin flute.

#382499 - 10/19/07 12:11 PM Re: How many guitar players we got out there? [Re: Sol]
jackiepoo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: University Place Washington
Been playing guitar since I was 11. I am thirty now and have never lost interest. Love to crank it up. I remember my folks telling me I was going to go deaf from the roar of my half stack in the garage but I have great hearing. Started out with a sears guitar I switched the strings to cater to my left hand style and moved onto actual left handed axes afterwards. Both acoustic and electric.

#382503 - 10/19/07 12:28 PM Re: How many guitar players we got out there? [Re: Sol]
Satan Offline
I love me

Loc: Around the way
 Originally Posted By: Sol
H20 plays the drums. Base, anyone?

Merg can play the skin flute.

You said "base" haha. I dabble in guitar but I am in desperate need of a Gibson SG. Anyone? BTW Merg I have an upright organ you can try out hahaha

#382505 - 10/19/07 12:40 PM Re: How many guitar players we got out there? [Re: Satan]
TBJ Offline
Carcass

I have also heard he is very good at playing the sacks.

Edited by TBJ (10/19/07 12:41 PM)

#382611 - 10/19/07 06:28 PM Re: How many guitar players we got out there? [Re: TBJ]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
I jam a bit. I got an Ibanez acoustic and a real slick american strat deluxe.

#382656 - 10/19/07 07:48 PM Re: How many guitar players we got out there? [Re: fish4brains]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
I was a professional musician in another life. Played guitar in various bands in Hollywood back in the early to mid 80's... during the heyday of "hair metal". Never quite made it... but got close a couple of times though. I gave up the dream completely in 1990 when I got married.

Since my divorce a couple of years ago I've dusted off my gear and set up a little practice area in one of the spare bedrooms.

I've got 2 Ibanez JEM 777's, a Marshall 50w tube head w/effects loop installed, 2 4x10" Marshall cabs/celestion speakers and a Digitech GSP 21 Pro effects rack.

I was completely into the virtuoso players of that era:

Steve Vai
Eric Johnson
Yngwie Malmsteen
Paul Gilbert
Nuno Bettencourt
Tony MacAlpine
Vinnie Moore
Steve Lukather

I still love that style of playing. Nobody plays like that anymore though?

#382692 - 10/19/07 09:45 PM Re: How many guitar players we got out there? [Re: 4Salt]
LoweDown Offline
Conquistador

Loc: Forks, WA
 Originally Posted By: 4Salt

Steve Vai
Eric Johnson
Yngwie Malmsteen
Paul Gilbert
Nuno Bettencourt
Tony MacAlpine
Vinnie Moore
Steve Lukather

I do.

In my dreams.

Then I wake up and play cheesy classic rock and bluegrass covers involving G, C, and D chords on my Martin. Throw in some lame Pentatonic scale solos and off-key singing and you can plainly see that I'm a legend in my own mind. Rebel without a clue style. Rock out with your cock out.

#382709 - 10/19/07 10:34 PM Re: How many guitar players we got out there? [Re: LoweDown]
Blades™ Offline
Spawner

Loc: La La Land
Played the Saxaphone in middle school lol i was a [censored] Dork! what was I thinking?

#382808 - 10/20/07 01:16 PM Re: How many guitar players we got out there? [Re: Blades™]
fishpolelease Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: port ludlow
I've got too many guitars, it's an honest obsession.

52 relic cream tele, custom antiqued at the fender shop.
06 Blackie model strat.
02 d-35
69 Hofner acoustic
93 Les Paul studio in black with gold hardware and ebony fret
63 Fender Villager 12-string
Old univox plexi that I'm working on piecing back together
Ovation knockoff converted for lap steel
and the only amp I use is an old 69 ampeg 12w studio tube, too broke after buying the guitars to get a Matchless

repeat what Lowe Down says after "in my dreams"

#382810 - 10/20/07 01:29 PM Re: How many guitar players we got out there? [Re: fishpolelease]
TBJ Offline
Carcass

I have 3. I have a nice Les Paul style Gretch that has been customized, an Ovation cut away body electric accoustic and a bad ass black Randy Rhodes Jackson flying V. I am ampless right now but am looking for a Marshall half stack at the right price.-T

#382811 - 10/20/07 01:41 PM Re: How many guitar players we got out there? [Re: 4Salt]
Mingo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kona, Hawaii

Steve Vai
Eric Johnson
Yngwie Malmsteen
Paul Gilbert
Nuno Bettencourt
Tony MacAlpine
Vinnie Moore
Steve Lukather

I still love all those guys too.......that is an unbelievably tough style to play well.....and idiot kids make fun of that style now!!! they worship shoe-gazers like Linkin Park

I was the lead guitartist/co-songwriter in a band back in the day, played the Central, Ballard Firehouse, etc....Played on the same bill with some future millionaires like Alice in Chains, etc...we headlined the mural amphi stage at the '90 Bite of Seattle, had two songs on local radio, got so close to a record deal we could taste it......tons of demo tapes, lots of nibbles, too many showcases to count......then one fine day, Nirvana blew up and any band from Seattle NOT playing grunge would never get another showcase. End of story. Go back to work, grab your flyrods, move on with life and forget about that dream.....................same old story, different faces

These days I'm down to just one Charvel strat and and one well-beaten acoustic. I pick them up every now and then, go "whonk whonk" a few times and put 'em down....I dont' even have a real amp any more, I play my electric through a Pandora's Box............

anyone wanna buy a Roland drum machine dirt cheap? I'll throw in a free condenser mic..............

Edited by Mingo (10/20/07 01:43 PM)

#382834 - 10/20/07 05:02 PM Re: How many guitar players we got out there? [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Does air guitar count?

- Albert Einstein.

#382848 - 10/20/07 07:18 PM Re: How many guitar players we got out there? [Re: 4Salt]
Satan Offline
I love me

Loc: Around the way

Steve Vai
Eric Johnson
Yngwie Malmsteen
Paul Gilbert
Nuno Bettencourt
Tony MacAlpine
Vinnie Moore
Steve Lukather

Those are hard footsteps to follow. If I could play like Gary Moore I would practically give up steelheading. I've seen a few of those guys live.

#382851 - 10/20/07 07:21 PM Re: How many guitar players we got out there? [Re: Satan]
TBJ Offline
Carcass

Frank Zappa was no slouch either.

#382895 - 10/21/07 12:53 AM Re: How many guitar players we got out there? [Re: Mingo]
OneMoreCast Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Auburn
 Originally Posted By: Mingo

I was the lead guitartist/co-songwriter in a band back in the day, played the Central, Ballard Firehouse, etc....Played on the same bill with some future millionaires like Alice in Chains, etc...we headlined the mural amphi stage at the '90 Bite of Seattle, had two songs on local radio, got so close to a record deal we could taste it......tons of demo tapes, lots of nibbles, too many showcases to count......then one fine day, Nirvana blew up and any band from Seattle NOT playing grunge would never get another showcase. End of story. Go back to work, grab your flyrods, move on with life and forget about that dream.....................same old story, different faces

Mingo , what was the name of your band? The Ballard Firehouse,God that was a whole life ago.Do you remember Gorilla Gardens in Chinatown?
Life was so simple then. I sure do miss my Studio Charvel.

Randy Rhoads should be added to list .

#382946 - 10/21/07 02:45 PM Re: How many guitar players we got out there? [Re: OneMoreCast]
Mingo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kona, Hawaii
 Originally Posted By: OneMoreCast
 Originally Posted By: Mingo

Mingo , what was the name of your band? The Ballard Firehouse,God that was a whole life ago.Do you remember Gorilla Gardens in Chinatown?
Life was so simple then. I sure do miss my Studio Charvel.

Randy Rhoads should be added to list .

We were called San Prova............remember a heavy metal/hard rock writer named Jimmie St. Bitchin? he used to write some good sh!t about us......the last time I was in the Central it was a total yuppie tourist bar...."oh look Mortimer, this is where that whole "Seattle Scene" started in the late 80s! my heavens Buffy, let us sip a varietal white wine and take in the delicious ambience, my word!"..........

I remember that place when you could fall through a screen door at the back of the stage right into a dumpster, our singer put his leg through a giant hole IN the stage once and played a whole song stuck in there, thumping awyay on his bass while we tried to play thorugh all the laughter.......crazy times, seems like ahundred years ago................

John Donovan of the old Zrock loved our stuff.............of course, he was easily bribed wiht a case of beer............

Edited by Mingo (10/21/07 02:46 PM)

#383164 - 10/22/07 11:51 AM Re: How many guitar players we got out there? [Re: Mingo]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
The bathrooms were the foulest ever and it was full of rats. I saw Soundgarden at Gorilla Gardens in 85 it was their second show. Melvins, Husker Du, DRI, Green River, many other bands we were too F'd up to remember. We all lived in Aberdeen and would give Chris the Nirvava bass player gas money to take us to the shows. He was the only one with a van and a license. Teenagers running around Chinatown, 5th and Jackson, and Pioneer Sq. It's a different world since then.

Edited by fish4brains (10/22/07 11:53 AM)
Edit Reason: forgot to include rats

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Chad Lee, fish_hunter, Grady 265, pimpinshrimp, Stew, xflyzguy
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1229 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645416 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |