LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#478656 - 01/09/09 01:35 AM HELLLLLLLL YEAAAAAHHHH GATORS WIN!!!!!!!!!!
TBJ Offline
Carcass

Loc: Bainbridge Island
NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I was hoping they would do it and they did. I guess there was a reason no one would take any of my offers for wagers on the game. That is except for Summerrun who will be buying dinner at one of the fine eating establishments in the great city of Forks. I DVR'd the game and watched it a little late as I have been towboating around the sound since Monday. That Defense really stood up and Tebow is the man! Love him or hate him (Mryens) grin. To all you Gator haters out there all I can say is IT'S GREAT TO BE A FLORIDA GATOR!
Oh and JLH this ones for you cryriver
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh GOOOOOOOO GGAAAAAATOOOOORRRRS!

Attachments
417px-Florida_Gators_logo_svg.png

sp-83190109ms029_0499507775.jpg

image001.jpg

Edited by TBJ (01/09/09 01:46 AM)

#478664 - 01/09/09 02:13 AM Re: HELLLLLLLL YEAAAAAHHHH GATORS WIN!!!!!!!!!! [Re: TBJ]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Pasco Bulldog country
Congrats.

Florida can thank the BCS, for not facing USC.

Mf

"Go hard, today Can't worry the past, coz that yesterday". GO COUGS!!!

#478667 - 01/09/09 02:27 AM Re: HELLLLLLLL YEAAAAAHHHH GATORS WIN!!!!!!!!!! [Re: TBJ]
The Catcherman Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Ellensburg, WA
Here is the story on the real National Champs!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3815656

#478672 - 01/09/09 03:03 AM Re: HELLLLLLLL YEAAAAAHHHH GATORS WIN!!!!!!!!!! [Re: The Catcherman]
summerrun Offline
Dude, where's my boat?

Loc: Seattle
Congrats Gators on 3rd place in the nation!!!!

Final 2008 Poll just arrived in my inbox:

1) Utah 13-0
2) USC 12-1
3) Florida 13-1
4) Texas 13-1

#478674 - 01/09/09 03:06 AM Re: HELLLLLLLL YEAAAAAHHHH GATORS WIN!!!!!!!!!! [Re: summerrun]
TBJ Offline
Carcass

Keep on hating guys. We would have won against any of those teams but I think Florida USC would have been a great game. Theres always next year. BTW Florida is number 1 in all 3 polls now. Dont know who sent you your info Keith but it appears as it was wrong. laugh

kneel

Attachments
08natlchamp.jpg

Edited by TBJ (01/09/09 03:22 AM)

#478679 - 01/09/09 03:34 AM Re: HELLLLLLLL YEAAAAAHHHH GATORS WIN!!!!!!!!!! [Re: TBJ]
JoJo Offline
Returning Adult

Utah did get 16 first place votes so not everybody feels that Florida is number 1. Just emphisices the need for a playoff. I personally don't think the best team was crowned national champs. If there ever was a year that the BCS failed this was it.

#478682 - 01/09/09 04:14 AM Re: HELLLLLLLL YEAAAAAHHHH GATORS WIN!!!!!!!!!! [Re: TBJ]
John Lee Hookum Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Area 51
Originally Posted By: TBJ

Oh and JLH this ones for you

No crying from me tbj. applause I was disappointed of course, but when you are the visitor, most of the times you will lose to the home team. Florida was the home team, as 90% of the fans were Floridians. Oklahoma wins some down there, and they lose some. If the game was played at Owens Field in Norman, then expect Oklahoma to win every time, with the teams THEY continually field. Notice..I said THEY, not we, or I. You see, I have nothing to do with football coaching, or it's players at OU. I'm just an alumni that get way to much email from them, soliciting my dollars. smirk

It seems that you view these games, and sports differently than I do. You see, I actually attended college (OU), played Varsity ball, earned a letter each year, and then went on to the Pros. It's the fanatics that get their panties all bunched up, when their favorite team wins or loses. grin I enjoy watching a game, but realize that I'm powerless to the out come, when watching on TV and not out there playing. Players love groupies, and you would be first in line to receive a snot rag, a sweaty item of choice, spit, or shoe laces from your favorite Gator. thumbs BTW, the girls really go for Quarterbacks, you probably already know that. Not trying to put you down, only trying to show that most time it's the non-athletes, non players, that talks to most game. That's why we love sports. It provides and opportunity to dream or make believe, while identifying with the Gladiators, and some actually believe that they have a right to brag and take credit for their work.

The reason I'm taking time to share, is because you screamed for my attention, in order that I take a beat down from you, and to let you know that in the future to expect a congratulation to the Gators and both teams played hard and it was a good game from me. No need to beat my chest or our chest and taking it personally. I will always be proud of how Oklahoma University has represented it's students and faculty, in NCAA football competition. I'm sure it's the same for the Gators. You see, you were not competing with me heads on, and never would get to talk smack about beating me, because it was not you and I competing between the lines on the field. In my playing days, I would have love competing head to head with you, while representing our respective schools. We could have played for the World Championship after you and I had wipped the rest of the competion in order to qualify. "CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE," decided by the game that we personally competed against for the title. thumbs After that game, my groupies would probably respond as you have to the Gators and this thread, after whipping that butt. Loud, screaming, asking me for my dirty sweaty drawers, or wet wrist bands, would be the order.

Good Teams and athletes are lucky to have that status in society. It's really amazing. Pulling for for someone or something, is honorable, and part of our DNA. Lets keep on being a sport, and playing our part in sharing the fellowship that sports competition offers. Next year I will be pulling for the Huskies as always, if they are not playing Oklahoma. thumbs

Oklahoma lost the game, frown but I got some pleasure out of responding to your call out. grin No hard feeling on my end. Just a little counter, or rebuttal trash talk for fairness and balance. rofl I've got Oklahoma again next year to win the Gators annual Floridians Homecoming Championship game. Those sunny climates definitely work for the home team during bowl season. beer cryriver grin

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of
Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter
of the gods.

-- Albert Einstein

#478684 - 01/09/09 06:49 AM Re: HELLLLLLLL YEAAAAAHHHH GATORS WIN!!!!!!!!!! [Re: John Lee Hookum]
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: IDAHO
It was a great game to watch so no complaints. I do feel that Florida was the best team this year. That defence is outstanding. However... if all is fair I think Utah should be number 1 in the nation.

#478698 - 01/09/09 10:32 AM Re: HELLLLLLLL YEAAAAAHHHH GATORS WIN!!!!!!!!!! [Re: B-RUN STEELY]
TBJ Offline
Carcass

You know what JLH? I could care less (if) you played college or pro ball and I did'nt, big deal. I am proud to be a Florida fan and thats all there is to it. Your mega post rebuttle is a sad attempt trying to compensate for your loss. Maybe next year the Championship game will be played in Oklahoma. Better luck next year.

#478739 - 01/09/09 01:12 PM Re: HELLLLLLLL YEAAAAAHHHH GATORS WIN!!!!!!!!!! [Re: TBJ]
Castingpearls Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: The Rock
Somehow I have a hard time believing JLH played pro ball....

#478742 - 01/09/09 01:18 PM Re: HELLLLLLLL YEAAAAAHHHH GATORS WIN!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Castingpearls]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Utah #1? Not.

By far, the best team right now is USC.

I'd like to see Florida play USC and I'd like to see Texas (or Oklahoma) play Utah. Have the winners of those two games play for the National Championship. There can be only one......

Oh yeah, and making Bradford the Heisman winner this proves that it's all politics, as TBone is and was by far the best player in collegiate football.

#478762 - 01/09/09 03:01 PM Re: HELLLLLLLL YEAAAAAHHHH GATORS WIN!!!!!!!!!! [Re: The Moderator]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Congrats to the Gators.
If I remember correctly Tom, you predicted they'd be playing for the championship when we were talking football out on the beach this summer.

Parker,
I'm with you. Eight team play-off starting with the major bowls. Bring it on.

As far as Utah goes, they had a great season. Playing in their conference is what denies them a legit shot at the championship.
I've always thought the best schools from the WAC and Mountain West should break off and start their own conference. Utah, BYU, TCU, Boise State, Fresno State and Hawaii would be a pretty good foundation to start a conference. With the added conference competition plus scheduling some tough non conference games, they'd be less likely to be overlooked for getting their true shot.

#478770 - 01/09/09 03:28 PM Re: HELLLLLLLL YEAAAAAHHHH GATORS WIN!!!!!!!!!! [Re: stonefish]
eddie Offline
Carcass

Loc: Valencia, Negros Oriental, Phi...
I had no dog in the hunt but figured that Clay Bennet, that lying sack of s**t, would have wanted OK to win, so I am happy that the Gators won.

R.P. McMurphy - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

#478813 - 01/09/09 06:09 PM Re: HELLLLLLLL YEAAAAAHHHH GATORS WIN!!!!!!!!!! [Re: eddie]
fishbenk Offline
Fry

I think the BCS needs another rule. The losing conference should be banned from the championship game the following year maybe unless a team from that conference goes undefeated but even then I am not so sure. I am sick of hearing about the Big-12 and Big-10. OU and Texas Tech both lost and Texas barely made it past OSU. And as for the Big 10, when was the last time they won a BCS game (any of them), 3-4 years ago? Time to let the PAC 10 champs back into the national title game and/or an undefeated team from another conference.

Edited by fishbenk (01/09/09 06:12 PM)

#478826 - 01/09/09 07:27 PM Re: HELLLLLLLL YEAAAAAHHHH GATORS WIN!!!!!!!!!! [Re: fishbenk]
j 7 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Your monitor
Congrats to the Gators. Good game, turnovers and mistakes evened themselves out and the better team won the game.

A difficult pill to swallow for teams and fans that think they should have been there.

j7 2012

#478850 - 01/09/09 09:13 PM Re: HELLLLLLLL YEAAAAAHHHH GATORS WIN!!!!!!!!!! [Re: j 7]
elkrun Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
Utah #1

#478856 - 01/09/09 09:34 PM Re: HELLLLLLLL YEAAAAAHHHH GATORS WIN!!!!!!!!!! [Re: TBJ]
The Catcherman Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Ellensburg, WA
What was the Pac-10 bowl record this year? 5 wins no losses?

#478861 - 01/09/09 10:00 PM Re: HELLLLLLLL YEAAAAAHHHH GATORS WIN!!!!!!!!!! [Re: The Catcherman]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Utah #3

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#478864 - 01/09/09 10:10 PM Re: HELLLLLLLL YEAAAAAHHHH GATORS WIN!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Dan S.]
summerrun Offline
Dude, where's my boat?

Loc: Seattle
CFB Fantasyland: Florida vs. Texas and USC vs. Utah...winners decide it on the field a week later...all the polls, computers and other assorted BS mean nothing along with every opinion stated here so far.

We are all wrong because we will never know who is right, the BullShiatChampionship wont allow it...on to March Madness and may the Devils be in the Final 4.

#478866 - 01/09/09 10:21 PM Re: HELLLLLLLL YEAAAAAHHHH GATORS WIN!!!!!!!!!! [Re: summerrun]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
The Devils look pretty tough this year on the court.

I think fUCLA and ASU are at the top of the Pac in BB. Huskies look like they should be around #4 or 5 in the Pac.

2-0 start for the Dawgs..........hopefully they can keep the wagon rolling along.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
FISH'N BRASS, jomat, Rollo, Venga, Warlock49766
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Excitable Bob), 199 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645447 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |