LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#522921 - 07/27/09 02:20 AM Living room floor.
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Had some help today and we got the living room floor in. 30x16. Even got wood down in the foyer area. Tom finished the fireplace as well, and he did a nice job.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#522950 - 07/27/09 09:41 AM Re: Living room floor. [Re: ]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Basketball 3-on-3 games.

#523033 - 07/27/09 03:27 PM Re: Living room floor. [Re: Dogfish]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Andy,

Nice looking floor. Looks like you used pre-finished. Is it the kind that you nail down one board at a time? Did you have to let the wood "acclimate" in the living room before installing it? Asking cuz I've got that task coming up soon.

What kind of fireplace is that? It looks like gas or electric with the narrow hearth. I like having it extend into the room a bit. I bought a wood burning Fireplace Extraordinaire, and it's installed flush with the wall, so we'll just have slate or something around the face side and on the hearth, which is how I learned that 20" minimum is required for the hearth on a wood burner.

Looking around in a flooring store last year I learned that they offer pre-finished hardwood guaranteed 25 years. I'm planning to use that in my living, dining, and kitchen areas.

Did you use any radiant heat under any of the tile floors you installed? I'm going to put that in under the tile in my master bathroom. No more cold toes on winter nights when I get up to pee.

Sg

#523074 - 07/27/09 04:35 PM Re: Living room floor. [Re: Salmo g.]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Bellawood 3.25" wide .75" thick planks, American Cherry, select. Bought a floor nailer, and yes, one board at a time. The trick is to get the first three rows straight (top nailed with an 18 gauge finish nailer) then proceed with the nailing. The Bellawood has a 50 year finish, and it had to be in the house for a week before we put it down.

LOPI 864 propane stove. Direct vents out the back through the wall. It also requires no hearth, but we put one in for the look.

#523171 - 07/27/09 07:35 PM Re: Living room floor. [Re: Dogfish]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Haven't heard of that brand. Did you buy it from a local dealer? I'm still leaning toward red oak - kind of traditional and old fashioned, and it's what I'm most familiar with. Maple for sure for a basketball court, but my ceiling is only high enough for a regulation basket in the center.

Ooh, a floor nailer . . . one you hook up to your compressor, I presume? I was thinking of renting one cuz I don't see having any regular use for one.

I haven't figured out where to start. I don't have one continuous wall as the obvious starting point. Probably begin in the dining room that's about 18' long, then out into the great room - living room, kitchen, combo area that's 30 or so feet long. Maybe create break points and do the dining room separately and try to simplify the whole shebang. Maybe ask someone who knows how the hell to do it right and follow their advice.

Sg

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (wolverine, 20 Gage), 1435 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |