THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#542279 - 10/01/09 02:45 PM Anyone going to Hardin, Mont.?
Jhook Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Columbia City
http://www.bing.com/search?q=Hardin+Montana+Police&go=&form=QBLH&qs=n

I'm putting this up with the acknowledgement that most of the information comes from right wing blogs, some from CBS. I was called by a friend from Montana, who was extremely disturbed by the prospect. If any of it is true it disturbs me as a former LE.

And take note this firm is connected to Blackwater, for all of you who opposed their use in Iraq. The whole thing smells bad!

We had private security firms that tried to affiliate with PDs here years ago. They were politely told to cease or pay the price. They copied emblems and vehicles.

Edited by Jhook (10/01/09 02:49 PM)

Otherwise I'm retired!

#542282 - 10/01/09 03:20 PM Re: Anyone going to Hardin, Mont.? [Re: Jhook]
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
From Gitmo to Hardmo. Think of the money we'll save on travel expenses for rendition. I think it's part of President Obama's secret plan to use the information gathered druing the census and gather up all the republicans for transfer to Hardmo. After they confiscate their guns, of course. And put them on a no-bacon diet. That's what Michelle Bachmann told me, anyway.

#542305 - 10/01/09 04:24 PM Re: Anyone going to Hardin, Mont.? [Re: ]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Once you've had the vaccine it will all make sense.

H1N1 = secret liberal code for "Hear one...Nail one". It refers to right wingers.

#542341 - 10/01/09 06:07 PM Re: Anyone going to Hardin, Mont.? [Re: stlhead]
Jhook Offline
Returning Adult

Of course the whacko lefties replying to this immediately took it as an attack on their "lazy fairy" belief system. How's that for paranoid? What a bunch of culls!

But I suppose none of it is true. More made up stuff by the right. I wasn't commenting on political implications only the fact that they are there.

I know what a gohardly is but what is a stlhead? Stoolhead, stillhead?

Edited by Jhook (10/01/09 06:18 PM)

Otherwise I'm retired!

#542344 - 10/01/09 06:19 PM Re: Anyone going to Hardin, Mont.? [Re: Jhook]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

"putting this up with the acknowledgement that most of the information comes from right wing blogs"

"More made up stuff by the right."

You answered yourself.

Here's another answer from the town:

Fear and paranoia are running so high over Hardin, Montana's decision to put a shady private security contractor in charge of a local prison that the town agency behind the deal has posted a message on its website saying that "there are no commandos in the streets," and seeking to knock down other outlandish rumors.

A message on the website of the Two Rivers Authority, Hardin's economic development arm, reads:

We welcome anyone to visit our town! There are no commandos in the streets. There is no fence or gate being built around Hardin. People are free to come and go as they please. APF is not running our town or our police force.
The message is a response to false rumors that have surfaced on conspiracy-oriented web sites, such as that the APF deal is part of a plan by the Obama administration to have "all major cities locked down" by the end of October.

But the town has done little, of course, to ease more legitimate anxieties about the lack of information available about APF, and about the lengthy criminal record of Michael Hilton, the APF staffer involved in the deal.

#542367 - 10/01/09 06:55 PM Re: Anyone going to Hardin, Mont.? [Re: stlhead]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
Everytime the Repugs fvck up and lose power they start this fear campaign horseschit in Bumfvckville, USA, scaring stupid hicks into thinking the Gay Jewish Negros are a-comin'. During the Clinton years it was U.N. Convoys in Kansas writing directions in code on the backs of roadsigns to prep for the impending invasion.

Doesn't this smack of "Red Dawn" to anyone?

#542396 - 10/01/09 09:10 PM Re: Anyone going to Hardin, Mont.? [Re: ]
Jhook Offline
Returning Adult

Stlhead, I read that part also. The part they don't address and again this was not posted as a "redcoats are comin!" is why they come into town with Hardin Police Dept. stickers on their doors and then for some unknown reason the stickers disappear? I suppose some right wing blog made that up? The friend who called me hadn't even read these blogs. He was there and concerned as any right minded person would be and his question was simple. "Can they do that?" Obviously they couldn't and took the signs off.

Yes I mentioned it was a right wing blog story. And I read it with a grain. You take the one story that suits your little mind and take it for absolute fact. Oh I forgot, you believe politicians and public officials!

I prefer to believe some and doubt some.

Your last paragraph says it all.

I also remember when the Baghwan came into Central Oregon and the locals got suspicious. The politicians of course said "have no fear". And some of them ended up almost paying with their lives. I was there.

Edited by Jhook (10/01/09 09:13 PM)

Otherwise I'm retired!

#542405 - 10/01/09 09:25 PM Re: Anyone going to Hardin, Mont.? [Re: ]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Hankster
Hold it there.

You've obviously forgotten about the "black helicopters"..... laugh

rofl LOL

Yep. I actually had a drinkin' buddy back in the early 90's that believed all that crap. Hook Line & Sinker. Black helicopters, That "Opt out of paying Income Tax Form" scam that went around gunshows...

...And this lil doozie: "Chemtrails" he swore up and down the contrails coming off behind jetliners was really a chemical spray that was mind control or made children gay or some other such horse$hit.

Every summer he'd also claim he saw a UFO or a Black Helicopter or Gnomes in his mom's garden. Nice guy but I shouldn't have expected much out of a guy with a 9th Grade education who lived in his mom's singlewide and sold dime bags to supplement his foodstamps until he was 23.

And FYI he has a NObama sticker on his work truck. laugh
laugh

#542415 - 10/01/09 09:44 PM Re: Anyone going to Hardin, Mont.? [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

" Irie..front me a bag until friday" rofl

- Albert Einstein.

#542437 - 10/01/09 10:16 PM Re: Anyone going to Hardin, Mont.? [Re: Jhook]
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Jhook
Of course the whacko lefties replying to this immediately took it as an attack on their "lazy fairy" belief system. How's that for paranoid? What a bunch of culls!
Ummm, no, it's a parody of your tin-hatted irrational fear and whackjobbery. You need to unbunch your urine stained panties, take off the steelpot, and stand down, soldier. It'll be alright, really. You read it on a right wing blog; the same type of blog that gave you death panels, and search o' the birth certificate, and government takeover, and teabaggers, and.... well, you get the idea.

#542470 - 10/01/09 11:37 PM Re: Anyone going to Hardin, Mont.? [Re: ]
huntncoug Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Echo Lake
I grew up in that area, Hardin is a very small town. We had my family reunion there this year and that prison looks very out of place.

#542504 - 10/02/09 01:34 AM Re: Anyone going to Hardin, Mont.? [Re: goharley]
Jhook Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: goharley
Ummm, no, it's a parody of your tin-hatted irrational fear and whackjobbery. You need to unbunch your urine stained panties, take off the steelpot, and stand down, soldier. It'll be alright, really. You read it on a right wing blog; the same type of blog that gave you death panels, and search o' the birth certificate, and government takeover, and teabaggers, and.... well, you get the idea.

Tell ya what Hardly, you disturb me and you concern me but you damn sure don't scare me! You pinheaded, potty mouthed jerk off! You obviously can't tell the difference. Typical rational lefty! Your arguments bore me! lame

Otherwise I'm retired!

#542556 - 10/02/09 11:39 AM Re: Anyone going to Hardin, Mont.? [Re: Jhook]
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

You obviously can't tell the difference.
Obviously, neither can you. The context clearly pointed out--to those with mature cognitive function, anyway--that you're a-skeered of a private security firm conducting business in an empty prison. At no time, in no way did I imply that I might instill fear within you. Although I do admit there are some things that are naturally occuring.

But I'm willing to cut you some slack, because I've been told that reading comprehension skills are weakest in conservative unemployed welfare recipients. I know, that's redundant.

#542584 - 10/02/09 12:42 PM Re: Anyone going to Hardin, Mont.? [Re: Jhook]
RDJ Offline
Juvenile at Sea

They're just starting to open this can of worms that the Hardin city officials have gotten the state into. The media and state legislators are starting to dig fast and deep on this crook that is behind this whole "APF" scam. In the last couple of days they uncovered A LOT of dirt on the leader and I would be suprised if the state and governor doesn't step in real soon and chase this dog and pony show out of town and tell the city officials to pull their heads out of their asses. This guy has been in the CA courts constantly over the past 6-8 yrs for crooked business and personal issues. Sued over many crooked contracting deals as well as several personal bankruptcy's and doesn't show to be of much fiscal value in reality..Most are beginning to feel that this was just the beginning of a shady scheme that Hardin officials gobbled up hook, line, and balls and all... The city doesn't even currently have a city police force as its handled by the county's sheriffs office so I would imagine this show of force comming to their tiny city limits really lit up their eyes...I'm sure the promise of their own fleet of shiny black SUV's with oversized chrome rims didn't hurt either!! The old "we'll even throw in the cars" bit melted their hearts..Lots of wet spots running around at that city counsil meeting..
All I know is that once the media had a target they didn't have to dig very deep into the burrow to find the rat hiding there..We'll see what the next week brings..

RJ in Montana

#542663 - 10/02/09 04:29 PM Re: Anyone going to Hardin, Mont.? [Re: goharley]
Jhook Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: goharley
You obviously can't tell the difference.
Obviously, neither can you. The context clearly pointed out--to those with mature cognitive function, anyway--that you're a-skeered of a private security firm conducting business in an empty prison. At no time, in no way did I imply that I might instill fear within you. Although I do admit there are some things that are naturally occuring.

But I'm willing to cut you some slack, because I've been told that reading comprehension skills are weakest in conservative unemployed welfare recipients. I know, that's redundant.

That's right keep your pinhead stuck in the sand. The only slack you can cut is the slack in your jaw. Did you learn that bit of information in your remedial studies class at the homeless shelter? Sorry harley I don't understand what welfare is or even how to get it. Never had any use for it. Perhaps one day you can get off it and write a book about how to get it. Maybe that's why you don't see a lot of conservatives on welfare. They didn't pick up the self help books. Too busy working I suppose.

Edited by Jhook (10/02/09 04:30 PM)

Otherwise I'm retired!

#542675 - 10/02/09 05:11 PM Re: Anyone going to Hardin, Mont.? [Re: Jhook]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Actually a great many Conservatives are on "Welfare" in the form of Social Security, Medicare, Military Pensions, Disability, Farm Subsidies, Military Contracts, Highway Subsidies...you name it.

But just like everything else conservatards are involved in, they feel they are "right" and "special" and "deserving."

Let's do a very conservative thing and do away with The VA and the SSA and say "Sorry, you stupid idiots didn't wanna pay your taxes, so we had to $hitcan your precious services."

Then we'll start seeing these hypocritical hillbillies "swaller their chaw" and start complaining... but it will be about everyone else (Minorities) not paying their fair share.

#542690 - 10/02/09 05:35 PM Re: Anyone going to Hardin, Mont.? [Re: Irie]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Looky all the red states gobblen up dat der welfare:

http://www.taxfoundation.org/files/fedspend_per_taxesbystate-20071009.pdf

#542703 - 10/02/09 05:44 PM Re: Anyone going to Hardin, Mont.? [Re: stlhead]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
I didn't realize that red states were 100% conservative. Perhaps most of the welfare recepiants in the red states are liberal.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#542732 - 10/02/09 06:17 PM Re: Anyone going to Hardin, Mont.? [Re: Jerry Garcia]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
I highly doubt that people who collect welfare long-term even vote...

#542829 - 10/02/09 10:06 PM Re: Anyone going to Hardin, Mont.? [Re: Jhook]
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Maybe that's why you don't see a lot of conservatives on welfare.
The entire Southeast of the United States, and eastern Washington, got a good laugh out of that one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1391 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |