Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#609561 - 07/07/10 12:22 PM Vacation rentals near Montesano
One Way Offline
Call me Sir

Loc: San Rafael, Ca. & Whidbey Isla...
A couple friends and I are fishing for a couple days in October the 8th and the 9th, in the Montesano area. Anyone know of any weekend rental homes in the area? Simple and clean is all we need. If someone knows the best place to get dinner would be a plus. Ideas?

#609564 - 07/07/10 12:33 PM Re: Vacation rentals near Montesano [Re: One Way]
StinkingWaters Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Termite Country
www.vrbo.com is always a good place to look for great vacation home rental deals. Looked and didn't find anything in Monte though.

BeeHive has some decent food. Gepettos if you like pizza.

Savory Faire Cafe and Wine Bar if you're looking for something a little more eclectic as opposed to home town comfort food.

Otherwise head into town and go to Bridges.

#609571 - 07/07/10 01:15 PM Re: Vacation rentals near Montesano [Re: StinkingWaters]
Rocket Red Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Elma
You couldn't have picked a better time to stay here, especially if you have a boat to use, and like to catch silvers.

As far a like a vacation rental house, you might have your work cut out for you there.

Send an e-mail to Travel Inn Resort in Elma. It is an RV park, but I believe that they have permanent 'cabins' on site that you can rent. They are actually RVs but they have skirting around the wheels to look like cabins. We stayed in one down in Oregon over Memorial Day weekend. It was pretty good, there is 2 bunks in the back, and a hide-a-bed in the living room. They have a shower/, full cooking, refrigerator, and central air.

If you stay in Elma let me know. I'll meet you at the bar and give you the rundown.

#609612 - 07/07/10 04:33 PM Re: Vacation rentals near Montesano [Re: Rocket Red]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Since you're fishing, I guess it's OK. Otherwise I was going to say you'd be crazy to vacation in Monte. My first thought was if you can't find what you're looking for, then you could check about crashing at Doc's or Fly's since it's coho salmon season. Since Todd won't join CCA, his bed should be vacant. Dinner is another issue. I've never found much in the Harbor area, but if it's just fishing trip grub you need, the local joints will fill the need.

Have you made your fishing arrangements?

Sg

#609651 - 07/07/10 07:49 PM Re: Vacation rentals near Montesano [Re: Salmo g.]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Lookin like your gonna end up @ Monte square hotel and eating @ the crow's nest for burgers or the bee-hive and cocktails.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

P.S. I've never seen or heard of a cabin/Vaca rental in Monte.

#609811 - 07/08/10 04:45 PM Re: Vacation rentals near Montesano [Re: Salmo g.]
One Way Offline
Call me Sir

SG, we have made our fishing arrangements, kinda interesting my wife got me 5 trips with Xtreme Fishing Adventures 4 years ago. The guide is actually Scott Pollard, he is a very cool guy and knowledgeable. We have already done 3 of the trips and in one case he blew out his back the day before and provided an alternate guide, who was excellent as well. I was hoping to meet some of the local guys from the board for beers and stories on Saturday night. If anyone is around and interested let me know. Looks like the Monte square again, we have stayed there before it is ok. Last time we stayed there the guy next door played his electric guitar well amplified till around 11:00 when I quieted him down. Looking forward to it.

#609814 - 07/08/10 04:55 PM Re: Vacation rentals near Montesano [Re: One Way]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Aberdeen has a slew of motels with some dirt-cheap rates in October.

The new Best Western at the mouth of the Wishkah river is pretty nice.

Duffy's restaurants used to have some decent comfort food in Aberdeen and I think there's still one open in mid-town?

Bridges is pretty good too.

I'd make my home base in Aberdeen instead of Montesano. It puts you right in the middle for the Satsop and the Hump.

#609815 - 07/08/10 05:05 PM Re: Vacation rentals near Montesano [Re: 4Salt]
StinkingWaters Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Termite Country
+1 on Aberdeen home base.

Mid-town Duffy's is still open and the Guesthouse on the Wishkah is probably the nicest place in town unless you head to the beach.

Drifted the Hump from Hansen to Reynvann's the other day. It'll be much different come Oct. but there are some spots there that are beyond skinny with some new downed trees hanging over the river.

#609816 - 07/08/10 05:06 PM Re: Vacation rentals near Montesano [Re: 4Salt]
One Way Offline
Call me Sir

Aberdeen, I will look into that more, thanks for the suggestion. Maybe I will bump into the doc isn't that where he practices?

#609922 - 07/09/10 01:13 AM Re: Vacation rentals near Montesano [Re: One Way]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
The guesthouse by the Wishkah river is the ONLY motel I'd stay at in Aberdeen unless you want to worry about your car being broken into by tweakers all night, or, stay in Monte it's only 10 miles farther away from the Hump and a much better atmosphere. Eating in Aberdeen is ok though, try Billy's or Breakwater Seafoods. If you have any spare time and want to toss spinners for coho (and the nets are out) I can show you where to go right near town.

#609931 - 07/09/10 01:54 AM Re: Vacation rentals near Montesano [Re: fish4brains]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
I know a guy who lives in the area. Might know of a spot you could stay for cheap. ($0) Only 18 miles from Monte.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#609949 - 07/09/10 07:43 AM Re: Vacation rentals near Montesano [Re: Dogfish]
One Way Offline
Call me Sir

Dog fish, I'm looking forward to meeting that guy, I think he owes me a beer if I remember correctly.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Swifty27
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 332 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645402 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |