Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#694654 - 07/19/11 09:37 PM 67 yr old man takes "out" motor thief
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Just heard on the news. Old man called 911 and said someone was trying to steal his outboard. Next they heard was the old man had the 20-something guy held at bay. When the cops got there the thief was dead. Old man went to hospital as a precaution. No one knows what happened yet with no obvious signs of trauma.

I don't care if he strangled the bastard, there's only going to be one witness.

#694665 - 07/19/11 10:49 PM Re: 67 yr old man takes "out" motor thief [Re: ParaLeaks]
lovetofish365 Offline
Hahahaha haha ha

Loc: Silverdale WA
hahhahahahahha

#694672 - 07/19/11 11:11 PM Re: 67 yr old man takes "out" motor thief [Re: lovetofish365]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
somebody stole my next door neighbors outboard and they pretty much had to come up my driveway with the light on to do it. He called the sheriff but they never found it.

#694673 - 07/19/11 11:14 PM Re: 67 yr old man takes "out" motor thief [Re: fish4brains]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Loc: Water
Well if he was holding the (thief at bay) I'm guessing a firearm was the cause of death. RIP Loser

There's a sucker born every minute

#694681 - 07/19/11 11:35 PM Re: 67 yr old man takes "out" motor thief [Re: SBD]
lovetofish365 Offline
Hahahaha haha ha

Loc: Silverdale WA
smile smile smile smile

#694688 - 07/19/11 11:53 PM Re: 67 yr old man takes "out" motor thief [Re: SBD]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Originally Posted By: SBD
Well if he was holding the (thief at bay) I'm guessing a firearm was the cause of death. RIP Loser

"no obvious signs of trama" was the report

#694691 - 07/20/11 12:00 AM Re: 67 yr old man takes "out" motor thief [Re: ParaLeaks]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Loc: Water
"no obvious signs of trama"

Your right I missed that part, musta shot him square in the ass.

There's a sucker born every minute

#694696 - 07/20/11 12:26 AM Re: 67 yr old man takes "out" motor thief [Re: SBD]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
One down, many more scumbags to go. Lock and load boys.

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#694709 - 07/20/11 02:17 AM Re: 67 yr old man takes "out" motor thief [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
If it was a Force outboard he was trying to steal; the thief truly died in vain. Best wishes for the "old" man's speedy recovery, he likely saved society from a heap o' problems and expenses down the road. Justice ain't always just...a child killer walks out of a court room one week, and an outboard thief gets tagged in the street a week later.

#694712 - 07/20/11 02:27 AM Re: 67 yr old man takes "out" motor thief [Re: CedarR]
Coho Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Muk
One for the good guys

#694720 - 07/20/11 09:54 AM Re: 67 yr old man takes "out" motor thief [Re: Coho]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Never pick a fight with an old man. He'll just kill you.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#694722 - 07/20/11 10:21 AM Re: 67 yr old man takes "out" motor thief [Re: Dogfish]
docspud Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Silverdale Wa
Just watch......the POS's family will be living in the old mans house before this is over. Here come the wrongful death and likely manslaughter charges for the old man. I will be amazed if he is not charged and sued.

#695174 - 07/22/11 09:30 AM Re: 67 yr old man takes "out" motor thief [Re: ]
eddie Offline
Carcass

Loc: Valencia, Negros Oriental, Phi...
The Snohomish County Medical Examiner ruled the death a homicide yesterday with the cause of death being asphxiation (choking). Here is one way this could have gone down that without independent corrobaration is just as likely as the 67 year old's version.

He kills the guy (there evidently is some relationship between the two, I read that the "thief" is a friend of the homeowner's nephew)
Phones 911 and says somebody is trying to steal his outboard motor
Removes the outboard motor from his boat
"Detains" the suspect until the police arrive

Now, what makes the above scenario any less likely than what has been reported? I don't know what happened, none of us do. The only one with knowledge is the 67 year old guy. We love the idea of an older "good guy" winning in a battle with a bad guy who is stealing property. But, we need to think and not follow the herd. And we also need to remember that although getting burgled is a lousy thing, we don't categorize burglary as a Capital Offense.

R.P. McMurphy - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

#695176 - 07/22/11 09:33 AM Re: 67 yr old man takes "out" motor thief [Re: eddie]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Quote:
we don't categorize burglary as a Capital Offense.

Who's "we"?

#695188 - 07/22/11 10:48 AM Re: 67 yr old man takes "out" motor thief [Re: ]
docspud Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Silverdale Wa
Mark my words as said above.....this old boy will be charged and sued. State of our legal system. Unless the kid was armed and in the house you best just let him have the motor and file a useless as tits on a boar hog police report that will never be followed up on. If you hurt the little POS you will be the one that gets screwed.

#695199 - 07/22/11 11:37 AM Re: 67 yr old man takes "out" motor thief [Re: docspud]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say if the old man would hypothetically be unable to detain the 20-something man, he'd also be unlikely to choke him to death...

I also like the idea of a thief being caught...though, as FP pointed out, what if it was your sister's misguided 20 year old son who got himself killed for attempting to steal an outboard motor to support his drug habit? You'd be screaming for the old guy's head, and don't for one second lie to me and tell me you wouldn't.

If it went down like the old man said, and his life was in danger, then it should be an open and shut case of justifiable homicide. At this point, I find this scenario highly unlikely to be the truth.

If there was an attempted burglary that went awry, and the old man killed the kid without his life being in danger, then the old man is going down, and should...I don't care how old you are, you can't go around killing people over a few hundred or a few thousand bucks worth of outboard motor. This isn't the Wild West, or some fuckedup third world country. Probably not Murder One, but something that won't have him out any time soon.

That's probably the most likely scenario, from what I've heard so far.

The last scenario is cold blooded murder with a setup to make it look like a burglary. If this is what happened, then the old man should be explaining himself to his Maker as soon as practicable.

Unfortunately I find this scenario to be more likely than the original story the old man told.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#695211 - 07/22/11 12:15 PM Re: 67 yr old man takes "out" motor thief [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Moral of the story? Always have a "drop" gun or knife.

- Albert Einstein.

#695215 - 07/22/11 12:53 PM Re: 67 yr old man takes "out" motor thief [Re: Sol Duc]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Actual moral of the story...don't kill someone unless you or someone else's life or well-being is in grave danger.

Otherwise...go to jail like you fuckin deserve. Can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Fish on...

Todd

#695220 - 07/22/11 01:05 PM Re: 67 yr old man takes "out" motor thief [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20110721/NEWS01/707219829

Published: Thursday, July 21, 2011

Officials ID man who died in alleged struggle with homeowner

Herald staff

EVERETT -- Officials Thursday released the name of a man who died earlier this week during a confrontation south of Everett.

Dylan Thomas Jones, 23, of Everett, died Tuesday in the 400 block of 117th Street SE, according to the Snohomish County Medical Examiner's Office.

The medical examiner lists the cause of death as asphyxia due to compression of the neck, and the manner of death as homicide.

Snohomish County sheriff's detectives are investigating, sheriff's spokeswoman Rebecca Hover said. No arrests have been made.

Jones was reportedly wrestled to the ground by a 67-year-old Everett homeowner before his death. The homeowner alleged that the young man was trying to steal a outboard motor.

#695223 - 07/22/11 01:11 PM Re: 67 yr old man takes "out" motor thief [Re: Todd]
Coho Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Muk
Seems pretty simple---

Dont steal peoples shiaat and dont get dead

I would feel remorse as the old man does for killing the kid--but I would have none if I mamed them and brought them great pain and scared them for life--that would make them think before they go do something stupid

I have had a Motor stolen off my boat from my property and my truck broke into twice on my property. There was no sign posted that said "Hey Come Steal My Shiatt" . They made a concious decision to walk onto my property without asking if they could steal my shiaat. I probably would have said no but thanks for asking--now I wont have to think about loading my gun or beat you with a hockey stick. No they accepted the risk and helped themselves as if it was theirs. Cut the bolts off the motor and cut a very large "secure" paddle lock-left their cigarette butts and left no Thank you card.

Even a misdirected young un has the understanding --steal and risk..

Edited by Coho (07/22/11 01:26 PM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Al Gore, czer, Robb92, wallyw
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1217 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |