Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#394789 - 12/10/07 12:39 PM Conservatives Cause Suicide
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
Too bad it's not their own.

Article Link Here

"... The study's authors claim that there have been, on average, 17 percent more suicides when Tories were in power during the twentieth century.

The report concludes that "roughly 35,000 . . . people would not have died had Conservative governments not been in government. This is one suicide for every day of the century, or more appropriately, two for every day that the Conservatives ruled."

The British report was actually an editorial (published without peer-review) in the Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health, which published a similar Australian study in the same issue. The Aussie group from the University of Sydney had similar findings, with a 17 percent increase for male suicide and a whopping 40 percent increase for females during periods of conservative rule. They concluded: "Conservative ideology traditionally is less interventionist and more market oriented than that of a social democratic ideology. From a Durkheimian perspective, increased anomie (decreased connectedness or inclusiveness), is thereby more strongly associated with conservative ideology."

"That is," clarifies Richard Taylor and his colleagues at the University of Sydney, "if hopelessness is a necessary but not sufficient condition for suicide, the regimes that offer less hope to the bulk of the population will also increase the probability of suicide in groups that have pre-existing or newly acquired risk factors for suicide."

#394833 - 12/10/07 02:56 PM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: Irie]
blue_jay Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: LOL
Yes lowering those taxes and living with morales causes people to kill themselves.

Make sure you jump from the highest point of the bridge to be effective.

#394835 - 12/10/07 03:01 PM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: Irie]
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

What? No this can't be true. I mean I can't imagine a President who has provided more hope, more inspiration, and happiness than President Bush. And not just in our country, but all over the world. And not just for the rich, but for poor people as well.

I think Vice President Cheney is the impetus behind the support for poor people. He likes to send them on long vacations with a promise he'll pay for college if they come back alive, and without a brain injury. He's a swell guy.

#394837 - 12/10/07 03:02 PM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: blue_jay]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
 Quote:
living with morales

Sincerely,
Larry Craig & Ted Haggard

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#394841 - 12/10/07 03:10 PM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: blue_jay]
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: blue_jay
... and living with morales causes people to kill themselves.

I think you meant Gonzales, not Morales. Attorney General Morales was the guy from Texas who swindled hundreds of thousands of dollars from the public. Morales was charged with 12 counts of mail fraud, conspiracy, filing a false tax return and making a false statement on a loan application. I believe he was Texas Attorney General during Bush's reign as Governor.

Gonzales is the guy who sanctions torture for the Bush administration. It's very effective to win hearts and minds by beating them out of someone's body. Another tool to bring happiness to the world.

#394872 - 12/10/07 04:38 PM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: VHawk.]
blue_jay Offline
Returning Adult

Hey now! don't go all and play out of the highway all at once!

I knew a Larry craig comment was coming lol.

#394874 - 12/10/07 04:45 PM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: ]
Aix sponsa Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Port Orchard
 Originally Posted By: stam
Yes lowering those taxes and living with morales causes people to kill themselves.

don't know where you live, but, my taxes have gone up, and as for the morals..?? Define morals

stam

your right stam Lets take a good look at were you live..... you liberal boys are totally amazing... YOUR IN A DEMACRATIC CONTROLED STATE, So Why DID YOUR TAXS GO UP..... it should hurt it really should.

Oh and if libs are so fricken smart. Why are they killing them selves????????????????????? Seams to me there a bunch of pussies.

#394878 - 12/10/07 04:51 PM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: Aix sponsa]
blue_jay Offline
Returning Adult

#394880 - 12/10/07 04:56 PM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: Aix sponsa]
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Aix sponsa

don't know where you live, but, my taxes have gone up, and as for the morals..?? Define morals

stam

your right stam Lets take a good look at were you live..... you liberal boys are totally amazing... YOUR IN A DEMACRATIC CONTROLED STATE, So Why DID YOUR TAXS GO UP..... it should hurt it really should.

Oh and if libs are so fricken smart. Why are they killing them selves????????????????????? Seams to me there a bunch of pussies.

It ain't the libs that kill themselves. Conservatives have a higher rate of succesful suicide because they tend to isolate themselves even further due to their philosophy on depression being a personality trait and not an illness. They tend to self treat with a bottle of booze, and finally a bullet.

So if you want to be rude about it, I can take the high road and offer you free neo-con mental health treatment...a bottle and a bullet for yourself.

Hey while your at it, why not forward this to decorated war vets who are suffering from depression, or maybe to the families of those soldiers who have succesfully committed suicide. I'm sure they'd enjoy reading what you thought of their kids.

VHawk

#394893 - 12/10/07 06:04 PM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: blue_jay]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
...living with morales causes people to kill themselves.

Oh, only conservatives have "morales". You do realize that is insulting and intellectually dishonest, right?

#394895 - 12/10/07 06:16 PM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
Conservative Christians also have a higher rate of divorce, teen pregnancy, and domestic violence. Go figure.

I had an English teacher, nay an instructor, in 7th grade that got up in front of our class and proceeded to tell us that the difference between agnostics and atheists was that atheists are immoral, agnostics are amoral. This in a public school no less.
I guess to Conservatives, it's not immoral to lie, just to not accept their beliefs.

#394932 - 12/10/07 08:40 PM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: ]
LoweDown Offline
Conquistador

Loc: Forks, WA
Esai?

#394934 - 12/10/07 08:43 PM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: LoweDown]
Aix sponsa Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: VHawk

It ain't the libs that kill themselves. Conservatives have a higher rate of succesful suicide because they tend to isolate themselves even further due to their philosophy on depression being a personality trait and not an illness. They tend to self treat with a bottle of booze, and finally a bullet.
VHawk

Really V spunk why don’t you PROVE that statement that you made there. post up some links and back your ass up for once with facts. Not from no liberal media but true medical and scientific studies.

Hey while your at it, why not forward this to decorated war vets who are suffering from depression, or maybe to the families of those soldiers who have succesfully committed suicide. I'm sure they'd enjoy reading what you thought of their kids.
VHawk

Suicide Is a F#$KED up thing there bro But your trying to put a spin on this coversation. It has nothing to due with suicide of our vets. The point the way I saw the remark made was because of conservative power. See look at this
 Originally Posted By: Irie

"... The study's authors claim that there have been, on average, 17 percent more suicides when Tories were in power during the twentieth century.
The report concludes that "roughly 35,000 . . . people would not have died had Conservative governments not been in government.

So You see there V Spooge pull your head out and try shooting strait for once. Has nothing to due with the war vets. And for your information, I have degrees in counseling, and still help many people. And to top it off I had a wife shoot her self over a miscarriage. And it was a chicken [censored] way to handle it. It’s a sickness cut and dry and to blame one political position is just plain BS.

So if you want to be rude about it, I can take the high road and offer you free neo-con mental health treatment...a bottle and a bullet for yourself.

Ya candy ass why don’t you try and deliver that bullet. This kind of looks like a threat, and that’s how I’m seeing it. So you better clarify your point there buddy. And if it is, let me assure you, I will be glad to oblige your wimpy ass, I love a good ol roll in the dirt, especially with a loud mouth like your self, and I haven’t lost one that I can recall, so you better be shore your ready for that dance.

Originally Posted By: Irie
Conservative Christians also have a higher rate of divorce, teen pregnancy, and domestic violence. Go figure.

All rite there Irie now that V spooge is out of the way. Lets say you post up the link to prove that one. Common your so ept to blue Jay to prove every thing. put up or shut up bro.

#394937 - 12/10/07 08:48 PM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: ]
Aix sponsa Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: Aix sponsa

your right stam .....

You just shoulda stopped right there.

stam

Now whys that? its good to be showed you wrong it makes you grow so accept it K

Edited by Aix sponsa (12/10/07 08:49 PM)

#394991 - 12/10/07 10:42 PM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: Aix sponsa]
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

Aix Sponsa

My door is jammed, why don't you come over and kick it in for me. Then I'll give you what your due; that overdue abortion your momma forgot to get.

Dumbchit, you really think I threatened to shoot you in that original post. I offered you a bullet and bottle of booze so your ignorant, illiterate azz could do the job yourself. I even offered it for free, but screw you. I'm gonna bill you for it now.

Oh [censored] I just saw you had a degree in counseling. Oh I hope your not billing for therapy. Medicaid fraud is a felony.

Why don't you show up down on the Big C in May. We can have a lil roll in the sand, and in public. Having your azz kicked might provide some therapy for the rest of us.

#395011 - 12/10/07 11:05 PM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: VHawk.]
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

I'd post the link to the report that cites political affiliation as having a possible causal effect, but the recent report that started this thread has absolutely polluted the google searches.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_KKNsIKhGoGk/RjXt...Rates+%2704.jpg

Suicide rates in red states took up 9 of the top 10 spots in per capita suicides in 2004. Leading the way, Alaska, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, and West Virginia.

Lowest rates of suicide per capita? D.C, New York, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Rhode Island.

#395015 - 12/10/07 11:09 PM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: VHawk.]
fuzzygrub Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: the pacific northwet
i see jimmy / the good christien he proclaims to be? is on the internet again posing as a smart fellow now hahaha
wants to roll in the dirt too \:\)
great way to frame that degree in counseling
or finish off that giant "L" tatto on his forehead \:\)
LMAO i see some stuff never changes

#395026 - 12/10/07 11:27 PM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: ]
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

Quote:
And to top it off I had a wife shoot her self over a miscarriage. And it was a chicken [censored] way to handle it. It’s a sickness cut and dry and to blame one political position is just plain BS.

Way to go there therapist. Did you tell you wife to suck it up and quit whining before she shot herself? Did you tell her that being depressed was just liberal chickenchit weakness? Which one of your multitude of mail order diplomas did you point too when you said it, to prove you were right?

Thanks KK. I'm sorry to hear that our resident waterboy is all talk. I'd love to beat the holy spirit out of someone, but in a legal and friendly way. He seemed like a good candidate.

#395031 - 12/10/07 11:31 PM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: VHawk.]
Aix sponsa Offline
Returning Adult

Edited by Aix sponsa (12/11/07 12:12 AM)

#395039 - 12/10/07 11:41 PM Re: Conservatives Cause Suicide [Re: Aix sponsa]
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Schmidtm, schmidty, Spinhead
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (NOFISH, Tug 3), 1134 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |