Picked up a 10lb box of bacon at the butcher today. Scraps, end pieces, etc. $1.69/lb. Sorted through it and found 6.5lbs of good bacon, but the rest wasn't really good for anything but cooking into bits, or as an additive to other dishes.

I asked my 15 year old what we should do with it, while we vac packed the good stuff. He replied, "We need to make some clogger burgers."

The "clogger" is a burger we had talked about at fish camp many a time, but had never made. So we took a pound of the scraps, tossed them in the food processor and minced them fine. To that we added another pound of lean ground beef, and mixed by hand for a few minutes. We put that into a gallon zip lock bag, flattened it out, and tossed it into the freezer for a quick chill as it had become a bit squishy.

45 minutes later the bacon/beef mixture was firm but not frozen, and then we formed the mixture into four 1/2lb patties. Two went on the grill immediately, the other two in the freezer. I tossed a few strips of bacon on the grill, in a foil pan, because there is no such thing as too much bacon.

WORD OF WARNING. Clogger burgers will cause a small grill fire. Just sayin'. Be prepared, but don't let this scare you. We started on high and before the flip moved to medium heat.

Cooking time is a bit longer, but a bit of charring on the outside it fine. Added a good bun, lettuce, tomato, onion, bacon and cheese. No seasoning needed at all.

It was pretty damned good.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.