LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#180200 - 01/05/03 12:08 AM where are the fish in the sky?
starcraft tom Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: marysville
In the last three weeks me and a freind have fished the sky about 10 times. Three times we have pulled plugs from his boat the "time bandit" its a 26ft thunderjet. Kind of hard to miss. if you ever see us say hi. I fished the mouth of the wallace while wading last week. yesterday it was some private proprety from shore with drift gear and floats. today we tried the ba beer r above the bridge at cracker bar and so far we have not even got a damm bite. I have not talked to anyone (and I talk to anyone not smart enough to run in a better direction) that has caught a fish in two weeks. now Iam new too this area but not new to fishing and cliff has lived here his whole life. So I guess my question is where the hell are the steel head.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is every one haveing the same luck or is it just us beer

#180201 - 01/05/03 12:28 AM Re: where are the fish in the sky?
mudslinger Offline
Smolt

Loc: GOLD BAR,WA
i fished it from 2:30pm until 5:00pm today and landed my first winter nate at 4:15 nice fresh fish a buck around 10lbs.10 minutes later hooked another one but it was only on for a couple good headshakes and it released itself.up until today i have been hitting it hard with no luck so maybe they are starting to come.
banana banana banana banana banana

#180202 - 01/05/03 01:29 AM Re: where are the fish in the sky?
Easy E Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Washington
Have fished it hard three times in the past week and a half. Hooked one fish and lost it after a couple head shakes. Other than that nothing. Even as slow as it has been there is still nothing I would rather be doing. Fish On.

#180203 - 01/05/03 02:03 PM Re: where are the fish in the sky?
starcraft tom Offline
Returning Adult

Please don't get me wrong . There is little else I would rather be doing all day then fishing but I was wandering if the fish are late or just not in the numbers they have been in past years. It does not seem like a problem in any one river but awide spread problem. confused any how mudslinger where on the sky and with what did you get yours. Not the exact location but where you near monroe or way up at reiters. also how far up the river can we fish? I never hear of any reports past the split. fishy

#180204 - 01/05/03 06:05 PM Re: where are the fish in the sky?
Big Woody Offline
Parr

Loc: Gold Bar Wa
S. Tom, I live right on the Sky, not far from proctor creek. Although I had to work this weekend , the Sky looked fishable. You can fish all the way up to like a thousand feet from the outlet of Reiter. Make sure first by checking the WDFW website. As far as I know closures start Monday.
As for your question on where the fish are biting. I've hooked a few at Reiter, But it's really strange this year. Usually I'll see a few boats run down past my place , putting in at the gravel pit and taking out at high bridge. A word of warning though. That run has a pretty high pucker factor. You better know what your doing up there. It usually holds fish though. I havn't seen any boats through there yet.(Drift boats and rafts)
I like fishing from High Bridge down to Sultan in January, but really much more starting about the second week in February. A lot of nates then. January on is usually great in front of my place. And also the first 2 weeks of June.
Just a suggestion, Getting a local guide for a trip or two, would give you a wealth of information. I had one run me down in front of my place before I tried it in my own boat. I'm glad I did!

#180205 - 01/05/03 06:34 PM Re: where are the fish in the sky?
Full Freezer Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Mill Creek, WA
The three of us caught only one on New Year's day with bobber & jig about 1 mile down from Sultan. Nice 6lb. hatchery hen in about 4 ft. of water close to shore. Didn't see anyone catch anything the rest of the day.

I've heard it's been fairly slow everywhere. The salmon runs were also unusualy late this year so it might be they're just waiting awhile & lookin' for higher water. I'll be back out this comming weekend so I will post a report then.

Let's hope its just a case of tardyness!!

Full Freezer fridge

#180206 - 01/05/03 10:36 PM Re: where are the fish in the sky?
bank walker Offline
Spawner

The winter runs have definetly got me scratching my head. Only hooked 3 steelies so far this winter, one being a boot summer. I have a feeling the hatchery run isnt going to materialize on the Sky. There's been an odd fish here and there hooked but nothing like last year or previous years.

Good job on the Nate 'Slinger... Have you been fishing around the "point" where the silvers stack lately? Lotsa boats there today with the higher flows. Should be more Nates and a few brats on the heals of this high water wink
"I have a fair idea of what to expect from the river, and usually, because I fish it that way, the river gives me approximately what I expect of it. But sooner or later something always comes up to change the set of my ways..."
- Roderick Haig-Brown

#180207 - 01/05/03 11:25 PM Re: where are the fish in the sky?
mudslinger Offline
Smolt

Loc: GOLD BAR,WA
tom: i was fishing up from sultan and below reiter i fished all day today and touched nothing,the fish i got into yesterday hit a small cherise corkie with white yarn and shrimp oil no bait.
bank walker: i haven't fished that area for a few weeks now and when i was there i was fishing up around the corner in that nice little run there

#180208 - 01/06/03 02:18 AM Re: where are the fish in the sky?
starcraft tom Offline
Returning Adult

Thanks for all the advice. I wish i could hire a guide but Iam going back to school on my G.I. bill from the corps and don't have the extra money. Mud slinger it was good to hear someone made it out today. I got dragged to the seattle wedding show all f-ing day. The good part was all the free wedding cake samples. pray for me boy's. evil flog

#180209 - 01/06/03 11:36 AM Re: where are the fish in the sky?
RK43 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Edmonds
S Tom:

This could be a coincidence, but you mentioned a 26 foot thunderjet, and a buddy named Cliff.
If the guy and the boat are who I think they are, we met on Long Island for the early archery elk hunt. Tell Cliff hello from Don and Randy. And tight lines.

#180210 - 01/06/03 11:37 AM Re: where are the fish in the sky?
RK43 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Edmonds
S Tom:

This could be a coincidence, but you mentioned a 26 foot thunderjet, and a buddy named Cliff.
If the guy and the boat are who I think they are, we met on Long Island for the early archery elk hunt. Tell Cliff hello from Don and Randy. And tight lines.

#180211 - 01/06/03 11:41 AM Re: where are the fish in the sky?
ynotfish Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: goldbar,wa
Quote:
I got dragged to the seattle wedding show all f-ing day.
Tom Tom Tom....repeat after me ...we must get our priorities straight, we must get our priorities straight.... now get in the truck and go fishin evil

#180212 - 01/06/03 06:45 PM Re: where are the fish in the sky?
starcraft tom Offline
Returning Adult

rk34. That was cliff all right. I was just over at his house. hes taking the x.mass lights down. ( I couldnt watch) I will tell him hi. l after I get my prioritys right. flog

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
free time, greenlayoid, Kokanee Kids, Lisa Tyree, SpinyRay
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 940 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645426 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |