THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#223403 - 12/21/03 06:16 PM What city is the terorist target?
Anonymous
Unregistered

There saying it is probable to rival or be larger scale than 9/11. There saying Its gonna be in a high population area and targets could be shopping malls or maybe a sporting event. Airplanes could be used. Some shoulder launched rockets are also missing from Russia and I saw that these such rockets could be used to troject a "dirty Bomb".

Who knows, but it looks like the threat is seriouse this time.

#223404 - 12/21/03 07:07 PM Re: What city is the terorist target?
papaslap Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia
FORKS?

#223405 - 12/21/03 10:30 PM Re: What city is the terorist target?
elkrun Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
FORKS???

And during the height of the clamming season too! These guys dont miss a thing do they!

#223406 - 12/21/03 10:36 PM Re: What city is the terorist target?
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

What heat is GW under now to raise the alert level again? I wonder if it's the recent losses in the courts or something bigger?

#223407 - 12/21/03 11:10 PM Re: What city is the terorist target?
Mike C Offline

Loc: Redmond
Ah, nothing like conspiracy theories... I have it on good record that Bin Laden has been found but Bush is just waiting for a dip in his ratings before he actually authorizes the troops to take him in. My source is Jim McDermott. Honest. laugh

Seriously, whether you want to believe it or not this country is at war. And the scary thing is the things people who have no desire to live can do is staggering. We never saw this bipartisanism with WW2. I think it's sad we can't come together on something as basic as our civil defense.

#223408 - 12/22/03 12:12 AM Re: What city is the terorist target?
Nymph Offline
Smolt

Loc: Oregon
To compare the war in Iraq to WWII is like saying skin rash is as serious as AIDS. Remember, not all wars were necessary or justified. By some people's logic, if we're in a war with Canada, then we should all fall in line and support the CIC no matter what justification he/she used to start the war. Thank god not all presidents were so desperate, else they'd all be two term presidents.

#223409 - 12/22/03 12:20 AM Re: What city is the terorist target?
MATT E. Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Seguim,WA
War is always going to happen and has since the beginning of man. And it will only get worse down the road, no matter who is at the helm. There will always be people like Hitler, Stalin, Saddam, Osama, and all other people alike, and peace protest or not, war will happen. And no Im not a war monger, just a realist. So what about the fishing, thats what I thought it was about.

#223410 - 12/22/03 12:45 AM Re: What city is the terorist target?
Plunker Offline
Spawner

Loc: Skagit Valley

#223411 - 12/22/03 01:48 AM Re: What city is the terorist target?
Mike C Offline

Just for clarification, I never mentioned the war in Iraq. My comments were regarding the war against terrorism.

#223412 - 12/22/03 11:06 AM Re: What city is the terorist target?
Nymph Offline
Smolt

Unfortunately, this administration has really blurred the line between the war on terrorism and a regional tyrant by invading Iraq and claiming it the center of terrorism.

Iraq had nothing to do with the 911; it was Al Qaeda who attacked us. And it's still the Al Qaeda who are threatening us. If we had focused on Al Qaeda and finished them off, instead of diverting our military to Iraq, we'd be in much safer situation by now. Because we went into Iraq, we have inflamed the Arabs, especially those in Pakistan, we're getting less cooperation to go into the mountains of Pakistan to eradicate the remnants of Al Qaeda and the Taliban. I write this, hoping to clarify who our real enemy is - Al Qaeda; and there is and should be a clear distinction between Al Qaeda and Iraq.

#223413 - 12/22/03 11:44 AM Re: What city is the terorist target?
Mike C Offline

#223414 - 12/22/03 12:33 PM Re: What city is the terorist target?
HSL Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: seattle
"Iraq had nothing to do with the 911; it was Al Qaeda who attacked us. And it's still the Al Qaeda who are threatening us. If we had focused on Al Qaeda and finished them off, instead of diverting our military to Iraq, we'd be in much safer situation by now. "

Very well said, Nymph.

#223415 - 12/22/03 12:54 PM Re: What city is the terorist target?
Nymph Offline
Smolt

Mike C,

Unfortunately, many are not aware of the obvious or more specifically the facts that are directly related to the 911. Unless you know something that Bush doesn't, he said that Saddam Heussin was not involved in the 911 attacks. The problem with believing something without the facts to support it is...foolish and self-serving. You're a good example of Bush's misleading blunders into an unnecessary war, then having to admit the facts. NO CONNECTION TO 911, NO CONNECTION TO AL QAEDA, NO WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION!

You have it dead wrong! Our enemy number #1 specifically is Al Qaeda. Who do you think is planning this attack we're trying to prevent right this moment? Iran, Iraq, Syria, Lybia, Saudia Arabia??? No one is saying that we should wait for the terrorists to attack us, but we need to be sure that the threat is imminent before we have another Iraq-like situation. With your attitude, we'd be in wars with at least a half dozen other countries right now. So unless you are willing to volunteer yourself and your brothers, sisters, cousins, nephews and go sign up at the local Army reserves, we just don't have the manpower to carry out your naive proposition.

I think even this present administration disagrees with you about whether to worry about inflamming the Arabs or else they wouldn't be spending $10 million on softening our image by broadcasting pro-USA messages on TV and on radio in their language. We should not only be fighting the terrorists with guns and bombs, but we need to stop the flow of the future terrorists by winning their hearts and minds.

I don't need such an irrelevant list of facts to remind me that terrorism exists in this world. Instead of spreading misinformation, we need to fight the ones responsible for doing harm to us. NOt all Arabs are terrorists.

#223416 - 12/22/03 01:50 PM Re: What city is the terorist target?
affis Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Bellevue WA
I love to read the replies from all those who have more information available to them than President Bush has available to him. There are many reliable sources which have come to light which indicate Saddam had definate links to terrorism and Bin Laden. Since we are in a war against terrorism no country which supports or harbors in any way terrorism is immune from this war. Nuff said.

#223417 - 12/22/03 08:01 PM Re: What city is the terorist target?
get_my_drift Offline
Fry

Loc: Washington
Quote:
FORKS?
LOL Papaslap! wink Could be hit during the heart of the steelhead season when their spys know much of Seattle guys will be in that area of the OP.

As for those who've posted our #1 enemy is Al Quieda, I can understand your take on that. But the reality is they are just the tip of the iceberg of our "main enemy". That would be the millions of members of the radical factions of Islam. There are a lot more terrorists groups bent on destruction of America than just Al Quieda. And their numbers and munitions are growing. This IS a war, and we better take care of biz.

It also wouldn't hurt if our government treated foreign countries closer to the same. Far too much hypocracy and self interest involved in how we conduct foreign affairs. Those differences amount to critical disrespect to the countries that get the "shaft". Look at the differences in how the U.S. has dealt with N. Korea and even Iran, let alone Israel.

That being said, I don't know if correcting those things would eliminate or even diminish the terrorism factor for us anytime soon. If that scenario is just simply out of reach of possibility, just as peace between Israel and Palestine (and other Islamic countries) seems impossible, then I agree that we need to get down and dirtier and tougher and just wipe them out with any means possible.

They appear very much bent on this being ultimately an us or them deal, all or nothing, and willing to die as bombing marters at all costs. If so, let's give them the "all costs" option on the menu.

#223418 - 12/22/03 09:13 PM Re: What city is the terorist target?
okieboy Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Rockport Wa
i would have to say Rockport.

#223419 - 12/23/03 01:23 AM Re: What city is the terorist target?
Mike C Offline

Nymph,

Do you have any idea how frustrating it is to try to carry on a conversation with someone that insists on insulting and being condensending? I respect your opinions but am totally turned off by your attitude. There is no faster way to loss a dialog than to treat the person your speaking with as below you. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

#223420 - 12/23/03 01:49 AM Re: What city is the terorist target?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Iran should be next!!!!

Thats where Bin Ladin is anyways!!!!

Nothing wrong with pre-emptive war if it keeps us and our way of life safe.

The truth is Al Qaeda is made up from Muslims all over the world. The way I see it every country that isnt doing anything about searching out any terorrists, (not just Al Qaeda), and exterminating them, is our ememy and needs new leadership. Why shouldnt it be us to choose the leadership.

Im not into this touchy feely crap, we need to do whatever it takes to maintain our way of life end of story!!!!!

#223421 - 12/23/03 04:38 AM Re: What city is the terorist target?
Ryan Ositis Offline
Smolt

Loc: Shoreline, WA
OMG! ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE!

WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!
PANIC PANIC
PANIC PANIC
PANIC PANIC
PANIC PANIC

eek eek eek

...and people wonder why I go fishing. It is to just get away from the hype!

#223422 - 12/23/03 10:10 AM Re: What city is the terorist target?
caught steelin Offline
Parr

Loc: gig harbor
pretty scary what can happen, it's really hard to think about our kids futures.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Grandpa's Fishin Buddy
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 385 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645430 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |