Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#194683 - 04/17/03 03:48 PM any lineman on this bb
BERKLEY BOY75 Offline
Spawner

Loc: AUBURN
im wondering if there are any powerline man on this bulletin board and if so, how well do you like your job, and how is the job on the back ie: heavy lifting, bending and what not, and how do you like your job over all, is it rewarding? i might jus be going to school in sept for it and need feed back..

#194684 - 04/17/03 03:51 PM Re: any lineman on this bb
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Loc: Bellevue
I played Defensive Tackle when I was in High School. I never had any back problems. The most rewarding part was when you tackled the Quarterback. wink

#194685 - 04/17/03 05:25 PM Re: any lineman on this bb
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

I used to do phone and cable about 20 years ago climbing poles most of the day. I liked it except for the August heat. Outdoors all day in all different areas and stayed in great shape. If you are young, not afraid of heights and in good shape it's not a bad job.

#194686 - 04/17/03 06:01 PM Re: any lineman on this bb
nookie dreamin' Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everwet
Hey, GutZ, you sure it was guard that you played? I only ask because a guard is supposed to protect the quarterback, not tackle him! huh

#194687 - 04/17/03 06:38 PM Re: any lineman on this bb
Fishslayer75 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Auburn
Nookie, Gutz forgot to mention that he was playing couch potato football, the qb has the remote and food while the guard protects the beer. You know how those QB's can get about there beer at times banana

#194688 - 04/17/03 07:42 PM Re: any lineman on this bb
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Loc: Bellevue
I actually had a good friend who was a lineman/wireman for Puget. He still is as far as I know. Seemed like he made pretty good money, especially during the winter storms. He has gone a little nuts, however. I don't think it was job related, he just kind of lost his way.

#194689 - 04/17/03 08:05 PM Re: any lineman on this bb
lupo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: seattle wa
better than roofing! go for it. it couldnt hurt your back too much cuz your not usually bending over, just working above your head. it seems like a good career with good pay. the only down side is that is is not a skill that is easilly taken and used to start your own company (without alot of capital i guess) that is one of the way i would look at it. roofing sucks but i could make so much more money by running my own co. than working using my degree so i do it. does anyone know anything about any of the fisheries schools? I have been dreaming about going back to school to try and get into the fisheries biology job market. anything to combine work and play

#194690 - 04/17/03 10:28 PM Re: any lineman on this bb
Born to fish Offline
Parr

Loc: Elma, Washington
Chappy, I've been a biologist for almost 15 years and it's just like any other job and no better than a lot of other jobs out there. I also noticed that after becoming a biologist and working 40-60 hours a week working fish and wildlife issues that I lost interest in hunting and fishing. Not to mentioned most of my free time was spent working. I'd try to spend some time talking with some biologists before you take the plunge and go back to school. Being a biologist isn't as easy as most would have you think.

#194691 - 04/18/03 12:40 AM Re: any lineman on this bb
ROCKFISH Offline
Spawner

Loc: manchester,Wa
oh yes roofing does suck, but the paychecks dont. roofed for a couple of years before switching to framing. tight lines Ben

#194692 - 04/18/03 11:43 AM Re: any lineman on this bb
BERKLEY BOY75 Offline
Spawner

Loc: AUBURN
thanks for the replies, ya, i hurt my back in 99' and it still goes out from time to time, like this last thursday, doing laundry eek , couldnt hardly walk for a few days, but over all im in good shape, round is a shape right..lol..i tried that roofing thing, no thanks, to much work, hot too..

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (eddie), 1344 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645377 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |