Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#250897 - 08/03/04 11:38 AM breakin at Green River Gorge
retriever Offline
Smolt

Loc: Renton, Wa
I had four windows busted while fishing at Icy Creek last night. Nothing was removed from the car. I noticed another rig down the road with shattered glass. Where do these punks get their values?
The river is very low- I didn't get a bump, or even see any suspicious shadows in the water.

#250898 - 08/03/04 12:17 PM Re: breakin at Green River Gorge
SloMoFishDad Offline
Smolt

Loc: Everett, WA
So sorry to hear about your vehicle. Every time I walk away from mine when fishing, I worry if it'll be where I left it or have something happen to it like you did. Like you said, it's probably "punks" who don't have the same values most of us have. They could give a cr@p about the hassle they have just made for you, and probably will continue with their evil ways without getting caught.

#250899 - 08/03/04 05:03 PM Re: breakin at Green River Gorge
Jigman Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle
I use to fish icy back in the 80's (when I was young and could walk out) and that was happening back then. Keep nothing in your rig and keep it unlocked is probably your best bet, though it's hard to walk away and leave your rig unlocked.

#250900 - 08/03/04 05:32 PM Re: breakin at Green River Gorge
Busta-Busta Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Eye-Of-The-Sun
Sorry about your misfortune.
They get their values from Meth. There are clandestine labs up the road.

Also, I've seen the old "bottle from a moving vehicle" routine up there, usually drunk teens "having fun". I guess you could park off the BD-Enumclaw road and take my secret trail to the creek from the opposite bank; it's just as far of a walk, but hairy (stickers, a small cliff, log walk/balance beam, mosquitoes) I haven't cleared the trail in a couple years and have been going in from the hatchery access , when I do go.
I actually quit going there because I keep seeing window glass on the ground.
Perhaps we could stake the area out, or ask the KCSO to cruise by more often... Like that's gonna happen!
Again, sorry to hear of your misfortune. I hope the perps. get their just reward- a hammer to the forehead!

#250901 - 08/03/04 06:36 PM Re: breakin at Green River Gorge
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Sorry to hear this.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

#250902 - 08/03/04 07:42 PM Re: breakin at Green River Gorge
BrotherChin Offline
Smolt

Loc: Rivers of Babylon
Like myself you just got to check that off of your list of things to do. 2 summers ago I had my rig broken into at Icy. Had nothing exposed but they got some cd's a piece of crap cd player and some beer. I think a lot of people leave their vehicle unlocked just to prevent a broken window. I just hate not being able to carry lot's of gear and supplies because I know it's inevitable.

Speaking of the break-ins, on June 1st a buddy and myself floated the standard Whitney to 18 drift and when we got back to his place in Enumclaw he had his house broken into.

These people will get their dues in the end so all you can do is take some precautions. Meth labs seem to be everywhere out there. The above buddy and I along with two others we ran into had shots fired at us in one of the upper gorge stretches one time from a guy that had cooker written all over himself right down to the super paranoid manner he carried.

#250903 - 08/03/04 08:36 PM Re: breakin at Green River Gorge
Flogger Offline
Fry

Loc: Enumclaw, WA
That seems to be one of the "joys" of fishing the gorge. That's why I always let Chin drive me down there.

#250904 - 08/04/04 02:08 AM Re: breakin at Green River Gorge
BrotherChin Offline
Smolt

Loc: Rivers of Babylon
I'll drive anytime as long as you pack the heat. You get your stolen pistol replaced yet? And what was your face doing in a report from the big cowdik? I'd expect more from that group, maybe a trip to the Queets will screw your heads on straight again. So are headed to Chelan soon? Next t-storm should really explode the situation and give you something productive to do.

#250905 - 08/04/04 02:19 AM Re: breakin at Green River Gorge
h2o Offline
Carcass

Loc: Portland
one time i was up near Kummer and these four dudes in parachute pants showed up with a little tiny piece if cardboard blasting some grandmaster flash.

they didn't steal anything just jumped around and spun on the ground alot.

#250906 - 08/04/04 02:45 AM Re: breakin at Green River Gorge
Flogger Offline
Fry

Loc: Enumclaw, WA
Man, youv'e got too many questions. You'd better just give me a call, I should be around for a few more days.

#250907 - 08/04/04 10:13 AM Re: breakin at Green River Gorge
retriever Offline
Smolt

Loc: Renton, Wa
Thanks for all the condolences. I guess I've just been lucky. I've put 25 years of time in the gorge, and love it in spite of the lack of production since the mid 80's. This has been my first incident, and I sort of feel like I've lost my innocence, I'm fourtynine years old and so naive.

BTW- I can count my blessings, I'm so trusting that I had left my keys inside- no more.

#250908 - 08/04/04 10:19 AM Re: breakin at Green River Gorge
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
Unfortunately, the smashing of windows seems to be a very popular activity now a days. Heck, I had my truck side window busted out at the Redondo launch a couple of weeks ago. They took my girlfriends purse and nothing else.

#250909 - 08/04/04 03:32 PM Re: breakin at Green River Gorge
F F F Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Kent
Dam, at the launch Carl? That's pretty brazen.

#250910 - 08/04/04 04:37 PM Re: breakin at Green River Gorge
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
Yup, at the launch. I wasn't parked in the launch parking lot though. I was parked back behind the launch parking lot between the condos.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jordan, UncleChris
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (Salmo g., darth baiter), 533 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |