Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#259504 - 10/29/04 02:27 AM Satsop boat launch and WDFW
Local Offline
Returning Adult

FYI, I have sent an E-mail to WDFW advising them of the problems with the launch at SR 12 below the Satsop Bridge. This is a State designed and constructed ramp that is certified as an offical launch and requires a 2004 user sticker/stamp to used the facility. I have informed them of the potential loss of a boat, vehicle or LIFE as a result of the design of this ramp. I can't help but think there is some liability here. Nobody is using the ramp because of the design and everyone is going to Fuller bridge, gee can it get more crowded ? One boat at a time can launch or pull out. I would encourage others to e-mail these people. They have been informed, balls in their court !

#259505 - 10/29/04 02:59 AM Re: Satsop boat launch and WDFW
Paranoid Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Snohomish
And further more isn't the launch at Fuller Bridge a beauty. Come to think of it, you can't even use the ramp. The Satsop ramps are a joke. Have you seen the launch at the West Fork. I will do what I can to get this fixed before someone gets hurt. Not much can be done this year though, high water is coming.

#259506 - 10/29/04 10:31 AM Re: Satsop boat launch and WDFW
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
The two ways to use that launch without losing your DB include bringing your boat entirely out of teh water, or just do what the sled jockeys do and angle your trailer downstream. The state just needs to add more concrete to the left side of the ramp.

It was pretty scary until I used those two methods.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#259507 - 10/29/04 01:10 PM Re: Satsop boat launch and WDFW
trailrat77 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: rowers seat
Quote:
Originally posted by Dogfish:
or just do what the sled jockeys do and angle your trailer downstream.
Dogfish is dead right as usual. This is by far the easiest way to do it. I've seen way too many close calls down there. I helped a couple local guys get thier boat off the bank below the ramp late last season. This ramp will test even the seasoned boat handler. Be careful down there!

#259508 - 10/29/04 01:46 PM Re: Satsop boat launch and WDFW
Eric Offline
River Nutrients

Friends of mine broke 2 rails on their trailer last week because of the unstable nature of the boat in a cross-current......and they are seasoned boat handlers. They were livid. One is seriously contemplating going to the Monte office with a bill for repairs.

#259509 - 10/29/04 02:35 PM Re: Satsop boat launch and WDFW
Get Bent Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Vashon/Grayland
The brambles in the river 50' below the ramp are pretty handy though, I helped rope a boat out of there a couple weeks back if it had'nt been for the brush he would of ended up in the Chehelis. If the water was any higher he would have been swimming to get a line on it. No good solutions for that one, just a bad location. BE CAREFUL!

#259510 - 10/29/04 11:58 PM Re: Satsop boat launch and WDFW
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Yeah, nice access there on the Satsop. Chuck your boat down a hill, or across some rocks to get it in, and then load it in a cross-current when you take out. Perfect.

Haven't seen a thing out of that little sticker since we've had to buy them. Wasn't that money supposed to be for something?

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#259511 - 10/30/04 12:08 AM Re: Satsop boat launch and WDFW
trailrat77 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: rowers seat
No shiat Dan!

I just wish they'd call it what it is, a tax. Because it sure dosn't pay for anything that I can see.

#259512 - 10/30/04 12:11 AM Re: Satsop boat launch and WDFW
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
It gives them more money to study the effects of all those tail lights at all of the good launches.
Seattle is one of the only cities in the nation that does not have some type of mass transit in place.

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#259513 - 10/30/04 01:14 AM Re: Satsop boat launch and WDFW
Local Offline
Returning Adult

I received a reply from Terry Legg of DOFW.
E-mail address leggtjl@dfw.wa.gov.

He gave the following information.
Some excerpts from his e-mails.

I appreciate your concerns and they are well justified. The water velocity at this site can be fast. Launching a boat at that site requires a great deal of care and someone with experience, especcially at high water.

There are certain dangers associated with launching any boat from a trailer into moving water, especially at a 90 degree angle, etc.
However when dealing with the forces of nature there is no guarantee of persononal safety.

I doubt the if the Satsop ramp would be constructed the same way today.
I can't do anything about them until we get funding and other ramps in worse condition are take care of first.

At least he responded to by E-mails, I don't think it's his call. But they NOW know and admitt there are problems with the launch.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1406 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |