Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#263845 - 12/14/04 10:11 PM She's coming down
glowball Offline
Spawner

Loc: bullcanyon
Alright the river is down to 7600. Who caught some fish today? This overtime thing is killing me. I always miss the best times. If they ask me to work Thursday they're getting the finger.

Kris

#263846 - 12/14/04 10:19 PM Re: She's coming down
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Skagit got a lot more water today, but only a slight rise in level..

IF the rain quits tomorrow, we should have awesome conditions for Sat/Sun. At least in the upper drifts.

Color is marginal, at best, at the moment (below the Sauk).

Mike

#263847 - 12/14/04 11:21 PM Re: She's coming down
glowball Offline
Spawner

Loc: bullcanyon
What a dip stick. Didn't even specify what river I was talking about. That gay test has me flustered. I'm refering to the Cowlitz.

Sorry
Kris

#263848 - 12/15/04 09:15 AM Re: She's coming down
Queetsqueef Offline
Returning Adult

The Sky looks like the toilet-bowl after a hard night of drinking and mexican food.

#263849 - 12/15/04 11:16 AM Re: She's coming down
fishbreath Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bellingham,WA
After being told the upper Skagit was in fishable shape I got up early and pulled the boat ALL THE WAY up at first light yesterday. What I found was a high river with very marginal color, (about a foot and a half maybe), and very questionable launch conditions. After the high water it left about a foot of muck at the launch site at Steelhead Park. Since I was by myself I was concerned about getting the boat in and out. Decided just to call it a day when one of the local guys came along to launch his boat. He did manage to get his boat in but getting up the ramp with his truck and empty trailer was another matter. On the fifth attempt he finally got up the ramp and left lots of mud ruts doing so. They didn't seem too concerned as they said they would get another vehicle and chain the truck and trailer to get it out at the end of the day. Turned out for me to be a disappointing day but it could have been a lot worst had I gotten stuck!

#263850 - 12/15/04 11:29 AM Re: She's coming down
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fishbreath:

Sorry to hear that! I hope I didn't encourage you to head up there...yet?

As for the Rockport ramp, I am going to have to look at it closely then before I go on Sat. I pull the DB with my LeSabre, and while it normally has no problems at the HMSP ramp, if there is a ton of gunk on the ramp it might make things tough to get the boat out.

We had a shot of rain on Mon-Tues that raised the levels a bit, and colored up the water. If the rain holds off (IF) the river should clean up some by Sat., especially above the Sauk.

Gotta check that ramp...bad deal if it's all mucked up.

Mike

#263851 - 12/15/04 12:29 PM Re: She's coming down
fishbreath Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bellingham,WA
Mike B:

It was Dave from the Rockport Store that told me the river was fishable. But in all fairness, he told me not to bother coming up as the fishing was anything but hot based on his recent trips. I was up the week before and although I didn't find any Steelhead, I knocked the heck out of the Dollies. I found one hole that just wouldn't quit. Every pass through produced fish, best day every on those things. Fun fish to catch when nothing else is around but I always C&R them, lousy fish to eat and better to let them go anyway.

Good luck at the ramp on Saturday. At its present condition you'll have fun. Maybe call the Rockport Store prior to Saturday to find out if the County cleaned it up yet? I'm off on a Caribbean Cruise so won't be fishing again till end of the month. Save some chrome for me! \:\)

#263852 - 12/15/04 12:36 PM Re: She's coming down
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by fishbreath:
Mike B:

Fun fish to catch when nothing else is around but I always C&R them, lousy fish to eat and better to let them go anyway.
Ain't that the truth! They are munching on those fine looking Chum that you saw floating croaking. Not good eating, but a heck of a fight. Last time up Joe caught one on a K-15 Kwikie...nice fish too.

Quote:
Originally posted by fishbreath:
Good luck at the ramp on Saturday. At its present condition you'll have fun. Maybe call the Rockport Store prior to Saturday to find out if the County cleaned it up yet? I'm off on a Caribbean Cruise so won't be fishing again till end of the month. Save some chrome for me! \:\)
I am going to run up there tomorrow and check out HMSP, Fabers and Sutter Creek. I really don't want to fish below the Sauk, yet, so maybe a take-out at Sutter would be better than Rockport.

Anyone hear if they got the car-body out of the water at the Birdsview ramp yet??

Have fun on the cruise!

Mike

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Schmidtm, schmidty, Spinhead
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 903 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |