LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#253136 - 08/25/04 05:35 PM What about Tulalip?
Salmon Stalker Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Juneau, AK
Okay, now that Elliott Bay is done, how do things look for some big kings in Tulalip? I think kings are open in tulalip through the end of september, but when does the run really end.

I'm trying to figure out if I should hit tulalip for a chance of big chinooks or if I should focus on coho in Areas 8-2 and 9 for the month of September. What do you think?

#253137 - 08/25/04 05:46 PM Re: What about Tulalip?
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Last summer I fished Tualip in the early AM, then zipped down to a few favorite Coho spots in the late AM to finish of my limits. I say do both!

#253138 - 08/25/04 06:02 PM Re: What about Tulalip?
tdickenson Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Seattle, WA
I fished this last weekend and although I got my first Tulalip King on Friday morning, in general it was slow-slow. Some of the fish coming out now are pretty dark as well. Although I'd heard stories from the previous weekend of silvers being caught, I didn't see any. I'd be tempted to stay a little farther south and concentrated on the coho.

I'd love to hear other reports to the contrary because I'll be back out at a cabin in the bubble Labor Day weekend and don't want to run south unless I have to.

#253139 - 08/25/04 07:40 PM Re: What about Tulalip?
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Tulalip looked about done before the rains. Now it's probably done but don't hold me to that.

#253140 - 08/25/04 08:32 PM Re: What about Tulalip?
chaser Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: marysville,wa
\:\) Historically there are Kings to be had at the Bubble well into the middle of Sept. for those willing to put in the effort. The arrival of the silvers or humpies usually means a drop in effort at the bubble as those fish are easier to catch. The fish are starting to darken but not any darker than some of the hogs we were catching out of Westport last Sunday. So, silvers or Kings? I'll be fishing kings this weekend. \:\) Oh yeah there were silvers chasing bait on the surface the last time I was at the bubble.

#253141 - 08/25/04 08:56 PM Re: What about Tulalip?
Smalma Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Marysville
Word of warning -
If you are successful in getting a king in the bubble be sure to drop it off at the ramp before following Sky-guy's strategy and attempt to fill out on coho.

If you are checked by an agent while fishing elsewhere in 8-2 or 9 and have a king on the boat you are likely to get a ticket.

Tight lines
S malma

#253142 - 08/25/04 09:51 PM Re: What about Tulalip?
cast and blast Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Edmonds
I just do not see how a gamie could justify giving me a ticket for keeping a King in an area that is open then fishing for coho to complete my limit.

My boat is in Edmonds. If I run to Tulalip and bonk a king, I will fish possession or other area for a silver on the way home. I just don't see how could be construed al illegal.

#253143 - 08/25/04 10:00 PM Re: What about Tulalip?
cheapskate Offline
Spawner

Cast and blast:

See page 23 of the Regs booklet:

"You may not fish for or harvest fish... in an area with catch in your possession that does not meet the rules of that area. You may, however, pass through such an area without stopping to fish."

Interpret at our own risk... my interpretation is that smalma is right on the money with this one...

#253144 - 08/25/04 10:35 PM Re: What about Tulalip?
cast and blast Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Edmonds
It appears I stand corrected. Thank you.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1395 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |