THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#224397 - 12/04/04 05:00 PM 4th Annual Snoopy Rod Classic Results!
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Ok, you've waited long enough.

I put some of the photos up on a gallery. I suggest you take a look. You will find out who took 1st and 2nd place at the end of the gallery, among some other funny photos wink

4th Annul Snoopy Rod Classic

#224398 - 12/04/04 05:18 PM Re: 4th Annual Snoopy Rod Classic Results!
Spartan Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Little Susitna River
Funny stuff.......I'm chuckin my Lamiglas and Diawa for Snoopy gear for sure!

Probably used old dried up french fries from under the seat of the truck for bait, right?

To the tune of "Just keep swimming" sung by Dori in Finding Nemo.

#224399 - 12/04/04 06:21 PM Re: 4th Annual Snoopy Rod Classic Results!
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Way to go Kev!

#224400 - 12/04/04 08:53 PM Re: 4th Annual Snoopy Rod Classic Results!
Idaho Mike Offline
Carcass

Loc: Post Falls Idaho
Congrats Kevin! I saw that Trophy leaving 3 Rivers Yesterday - guess it aint coming back this year.

#224401 - 12/04/04 09:24 PM Re: 4th Annual Snoopy Rod Classic Results!
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
A good time had by all!! Well, maybe for except Sol_on_the_Duc evil

My mission was accomplished ... returning that green sweater back to our household where it's now been been 3 out of the 4 past years!

And yes, we got mission #2 taken care of ... the first-ever full limit of fish on Snoopy Rods. We ended up 6 for 12 or so ... reel malfunctions and combat netting takes its toll!

I'll add a few more pictures of the events:

Corey prepping the night before ...

A close-up look at some of the high-end equipment that we used ...

Brian, Kent, and Kev (Parker was smart enough only to watch and laugh) of people with way too much to drink operating heavy equipment ... saturating my gargage with exhaust fumes. Cutting kinding for that after-fishing fire with a log-splitter? You know these guys are from the city!

Corey's secret weapon, the Barbie tackle pouch ...

Rod and Brain got a few stares and a very cold ride at the end of the day in the bed of the truck doing turn-arounds ...

And let's see a clsoer look of Sol_on_the_duc getting his moniker changed to Duc_on_the_Bogey with a poato warning **** to stay away!!!!!!!!!!!!!! evil

Of course, we follwed the day up with a Mexi-fest at Plaza Jalisco ... a little overwheled they were with us all coming in a big group, but a hot dinner (and a few maragaritas for most of course) was a nice finish to another awesome round of SRC! Looking forward to '05.

I'm sure some of the other fellas have some more pix to share, let's see 'em guys since we ran off and hid on y'all for a few hours!

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#224402 - 12/04/04 09:34 PM Re: 4th Annual Snoopy Rod Classic Results!
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo
Despite almost being murdered by "the keeper of the hole," and being the victim of the "unfortunate paintball incident," that was the most fun I've ever had with my paints on. Full contact steelhead fishing: Add a couple of those stripers Salmonella was talking about and we'll have the next reality TV show. wink

Here's my photo contribution.

http://www.geocities.com/sol_on_the_duc/pictureoftheweek.html

#224403 - 12/04/04 09:39 PM Re: 4th Annual Snoopy Rod Classic Results!
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Ahhh, change my avatar, did ya. Sure, pick on the drunk guy, Bob. laugh wink

I always knew there was a good ol' boy in you. That Corey chick---she's cool, too. thumbs thumbs thumbs If you get my meaning. smile

#224404 - 12/04/04 09:42 PM Re: 4th Annual Snoopy Rod Classic Results!
Sparkey Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Western Washington
Well Parker, this is now the second year in a row you've been schooled by a fellow boatmate of yours.

Hmmmm....with all this practice netting everyone else's fish, I definately want to be in whatever boat you are in next year. thumbs

#224405 - 12/04/04 09:49 PM Re: 4th Annual Snoopy Rod Classic Results!
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

And that partner of mine, Joe Schmidt, there's a "stand-up" guy---cowering in the bow of my boat like a schoolgirl (in my "new" avatar). And as far as the first ever full limit goes---I could have pulled that off on year number one if my schoolgirl buddy would have upheld his end of the bargan. Must be those cheap hooks. (Just razzin' ya, Joe---you got robbed 4 times in a row). wink

P.S. Pat, in case you have forgotten after all those Busch Light's, my name is Tim, not Vic*Tim. laugh wink

#224406 - 12/05/04 01:09 AM Re: 4th Annual Snoopy Rod Classic Results!
duc'Hunter Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Lynnwood, Wa. USA
Well I can tell you Team DU had a blast ! And after being involved in a couple of battles of netting others fish I will be better prepared next year! but all is fair in the SRC moose moose moose

#224407 - 12/05/04 01:24 AM Re: 4th Annual Snoopy Rod Classic Results!
Robbo Offline
Captain Love, Trust Me

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA, USA
A big thanks to all that attended the 4th Annual Snoopy Rod Classic yesterday! Kevin's winning fish weighed a whopping 6.15 lbs and Corey's 2nd place hawg an astounding 6.10 lbs. A photo finish indeed!

Far too many highlights to detail here. All I can say is it's just one helluva good time! After all...that's what fishing is all about!!!

#224408 - 12/05/04 03:06 AM Re: 4th Annual Snoopy Rod Classic Results!
Steel Slayer Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Olympia
Any videos of the event like the one shot last year? Looks like you all had fun and man I gotta get me one of them spud lauchers.

#224409 - 12/05/04 12:35 PM Re: 4th Annual Snoopy Rod Classic Results!
Kev Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bothell, Wa
SRC '04 was a blast! It was a team effort, Robbo and I had a great day and laughed our butts off all day. I'll tell'ya there is nothing like hearing Bob's spud cannon being shot off several hundred yards away, that sends a chill down your spine and makes you keep one eye on the sky.
A big thanks goes out to Robbo for coming up with the SRC and organizing this chaos every year! It gets better and better year after year.
Hey duc'Hunter, Robbo got his revenge the next night. beer

Kev

#224410 - 12/05/04 09:19 PM Re: 4th Annual Snoopy Rod Classic Results!
Sebastes Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Monroe,WA.
Looks like great fun, but one thing bothers me. In the photos I saw, guys wearing waders without a wading belt or a PFD aren't setting a very good boating example for the usual Snoopy rod set.

#224411 - 12/05/04 10:41 PM Re: 4th Annual Snoopy Rod Classic Results!
StillyD Offline
Parr

Loc: Badtown
Looks like a great time was had by all.

I noticed a few of those rods were significantly longer then your classic snoopy rod. Any one bring that up?

#224412 - 12/05/04 11:36 PM Re: 4th Annual Snoopy Rod Classic Results!
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
Guilty as charged Sebastes;)

The GI Joe rod I had and the Spider Man rod that Parker had were a little longer ... maybe 36-40" or so vs. the 20" or so that the Barbie, Sponge Bob, Scooby-Doo rods were in our boat. Last year, a certain unnamed group with goo tackle ties wink found some pretty nice short rods ... so the rules this year simply stated that it must be a cartoon character rod.

Didn't matter much, all the reels sucked and actually we had more problems with the reels on the GI & Spidey rods than we did the others.

Some of us looked a little harder than others smile Next year, we may implement a length limit ... or maybe we won't!

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#224413 - 12/06/04 12:13 AM Re: 4th Annual Snoopy Rod Classic Results!
R Ridgeway Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
6.15 vs 6.10 pounds......sounds close enough for a hand recount!

#224414 - 12/06/04 12:30 PM Re: 4th Annual Snoopy Rod Classic Results!
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Quote:
Originally posted by Steel Slayer:
Any videos of the event like the one shot last year? Looks like you all had fun and man I gotta get me one of them spud lauchers.
Yes, and I'll see if I can get a movie up by today. No boat-to-boat fights, but just some action video of Corey, Bob, and Parker doing battle with some brats.

Oh yeah, and there are a few "tribute comments" directed towards MikeB in the video....I haven't decided if I'm gonna edit that out or not. laugh

Your bound to end up the brunt of my abuse when you root against me.... laugh

#224415 - 12/06/04 12:55 PM Re: 4th Annual Snoopy Rod Classic Results!
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
I see in the pictures that Bob put up that Brian keeps his hands safe when there is work being done.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#224416 - 12/06/04 01:33 PM Re: 4th Annual Snoopy Rod Classic Results!
Sol Offline
River Nutrients

Quote:
Originally posted by Parker:
Yes, and I'll see if I can get a movie up by today. No boat-to-boat fights, but just some action video of Corey, Bob, and Parker doing battle with some brats.
Movies of them after they snuck-off down river at dawn to coon fish unfettered from the mob. Damn cheeters. wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
cheaper2buyfish@grocerystore, EastCreek, Guidewest, NeverEnoughPTO
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1198 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |