Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#286640 - 01/01/05 08:45 PM Salmon University-Tom Nelson at Sno-King PSA
Fishinnut Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Monroe, Washington
January 11th, Tom Nelson is going to have his new North River boat on display loaded with new electronics at our Puget Sound Anglers Sno King Chapter's monthly meeting at the Edmonds Yacht Club. He and his boat will be in the marina for display from 2:00-6:00. At 6:30 he will be inside teaching how to catch salmon. Come and learn from the master. Food and drinks will be available inside at the 6:30 meeting. A Scotty Electric Downrigger will be the raffle item. http://www.psasnoking.com
Join the Puget Sound Anglers Sno-King Chapter. Meets second Thursday of every month at the SCS Center, 220 Railroad Ave. Edmonds, WA 98020 at 6:30pm Two buildings south of the Edmonds Ferry on the beach.

#286641 - 01/07/05 04:11 PM Re: Salmon University-Tom Nelson at Sno-King PSA
Slab Quest Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Mukilteo or Westport

#286642 - 01/08/05 02:22 PM Re: Salmon University-Tom Nelson at Sno-King PSA
JRfishing Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Mill Creek
A $2 raffle for a Scotty electric downrigger.

Now thats worth the drive to Edmonds.

#286643 - 01/08/05 05:17 PM Re: Salmon University-Tom Nelson at Sno-King PSA
SixofFive Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Edmonds, WA
Hot Pizza, Hot Dogs, Hot Tips too!

#286644 - 01/09/05 11:17 PM Re: Salmon University-Tom Nelson at Sno-King PSA
JRfishing Offline
Returning Adult

WIth the steelhead taking a beating from the DFW allowing for netting of the rivers.

You might want to attend this class and let Tom show you some great info on how and where to fish the sound.

PLEASE SEND YOUR LETTERS,
STEELHEAD SHOULD NOT BE NETTED, WILD STEELHEAD.

#286645 - 01/10/05 12:35 PM Re: Salmon University-Tom Nelson at Sno-King PSA
Fishinnut Offline
Repeat Spawner

Due to bad weather alerts, Tom Nelson will not be able to motor his boat over and his boat will not be at the meeting tomorrow. His presentation will still take place inside inside the Yacht Club at 6:30.
Thanks
Ron
Join the Puget Sound Anglers Sno-King Chapter. Meets second Thursday of every month at the SCS Center, 220 Railroad Ave. Edmonds, WA 98020 at 6:30pm Two buildings south of the Edmonds Ferry on the beach.

#286646 - 01/10/05 01:29 PM Re: Salmon University-Tom Nelson at Sno-King PSA
JDavis Offline
Smolt

Loc: Des Moines WA
...that is soooooo funny....

why besides disacount did he get the stout new boat...????

don't answer....not sure you can think without Salmon University input

#286647 - 01/10/05 02:59 PM Re: Salmon University-Tom Nelson at Sno-King PSA
jeff'e'd Offline
Spawner

Loc: Snohomish, WA USA
Is he going to talk about how to set-up a boat or the standard blackmouth presentation?

#286648 - 01/10/05 06:14 PM Re: Salmon University-Tom Nelson at Sno-King PSA
Fishinnut Offline
Repeat Spawner

JD, I believe Tom has to set up for the Seattle Boat Show the next day and won't have the time if the weather acts up as he was going to leave his boat in the marina and pick it up the following day. We can have him come back later as a speaker with his boat again.
Jeff, I presume it will cover both blackmouth and boat set up. Tom is always willing to take the time to show anyone who is interested. If asked I am sure he would tell you how the best way to set up a boat. Hope to see you guys there.

#286649 - 01/10/05 06:22 PM Re: Salmon University-Tom Nelson at Sno-King PSA
JRfishing Offline
Returning Adult

Jeff

Tom puts on a great presentation and we "Sno-King PSA" are very excited about having him a our guest speaker. I bet he would be happy to talk about outfitting a boat as well as salmon fishing. He has a great deal of knowledge in both areas and is always willing to share them will the PSA.

Hope to see you there tomorrow.

PS
Also a great raffle this month

#286650 - 01/10/05 06:31 PM Re: Salmon University-Tom Nelson at Sno-King PSA
jeff'e'd Offline
Spawner

Loc: Snohomish, WA USA
Ya, he is one of my favorite speakers. I was just asking because I'm curious what he has learned in fishing from one generation of aluminum boats to the next and was looking forward to seeing inside his new boat. I tend to copy some of his meathods.

#286651 - 01/10/05 08:43 PM Re: Salmon University-Tom Nelson at Sno-King PSA
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: brier,wa
Quote:
JDavis
Parr
Angler # 5898

posted 01-10-2005 10:29 AM

....Support the RFA rfawashingtonst.org

#286652 - 01/10/05 09:02 PM Re: Salmon University-Tom Nelson at Sno-King PSA
AkKings Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kelso Wa.
Nice looking boat except for that tall cabin, its going to catch alot of wind. The resort I work at has 22 Almar's (same hull as NR) 1 with that cabin height and the rest are a foot lower. Major difference.

#286653 - 01/12/05 09:20 PM Re: Salmon University-Tom Nelson at Sno-King PSA
grandpa Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: brier,wa
Quote:

JDavis
Parr
Angler # 5898

posted 01-10-2005 10:29 AM

Well I am freshly back from the Tom Nelson fishing seminar and finally have a comment. Tom may have gotten a disacount on the boat but so what? Secondly, the NorthRiver seems like a real fishing boat as compared to say the Almar "Sounder"...I did get Tom's personal blessing to have an opinion. I did check first ...After I kissed his ring of course.

What a great show Tom and Salmon University put on!!! HUGE crowd attended and listened to every word. Thanks Tom for another kick a$$ meeting and thanks for helping PSA so much for so long. Thanks , too, for what you did for one of our youngest members, Matt....That was real class.

....Support the RFA rfawashingtonst.org

#286654 - 01/12/05 11:02 PM Re: Salmon University-Tom Nelson at Sno-King PSA
JDavis Offline
Smolt

wonder what Sounder you looked at? NR Seahawk is a Sounder w fewer options and deleted features that make it easy to build on NR line...I am sure they both fish well (except for AKKINGS comment - right on BTW about windage..and i can say that waterfall boats w Volvo Diesel on jackshaft and lower house have much less windage than O/B powered Seahwk or Sounder...Of course I am speaking from experience, I own a big sounder w O/B...it's a bear to dock in 20KT wind.

My point was until he gets a discount or owns it, it "is not fishing boat"..I think you will find he applies the same logic to e-chip flashers, hook brands, etc..

as to Tom, you caught my drift...I hve spent a substantial amout of time working w him in PSA and fishing some of the same places - including BC where US "Guides" are not exactly legal. I do not hold him in the same regard as you. glad you can think for yourself.

IF you really want to catch more fish, run whatever Salmon Univ is not selling. How many guys trolling Green Hootchies on Owner Hooks behind E-Chip flashers 90' will go home skunked this year????

My $.02 , worth what you paid for it.

#286655 - 01/14/05 12:45 PM Re: Salmon University-Tom Nelson at Sno-King PSA
Fishinnut Offline
Repeat Spawner

Tom is a great guy. After watching Matt set up and tear down the tables and chairs for the 150 people, Matt proceeded to help Tom carry all of his gear out to the car. Tom presented him with one of his own 10'6 Shimano Convergence rods and a Shimano Tekota reel with line, and a cover, ready to fish. Matt was also presented a PSA SnoKing (Cablelas) vest by Grandpa, from the club. These were class acts all of the way around for a young man who is an inspiration to all of us. Matt is always there willing to help and never complains. Matt was grinning from ear to ear the rest of the night! Way to go Matt you deserve it. By the way, Dick Nite joined the club the same night, and donated a sack full of spoons and hats.

#286656 - 01/14/05 06:27 PM Re: Salmon University-Tom Nelson at Sno-King PSA
Rory Bellows Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Third stone from the sun
I for one have always enjoyed Tom's presentations.

Just my 2 cents

#286657 - 01/14/05 06:40 PM Re: Salmon University-Tom Nelson at Sno-King PSA
AkKings Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kelso Wa.
JDavis especially the last paragraph!

#286658 - 01/14/05 06:46 PM Re: Salmon University-Tom Nelson at Sno-King PSA
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Quote:
Originally posted by SlabQuest:
DROOL DROOL DROLL DROOL

#286659 - 01/15/05 02:30 AM Re: Salmon University-Tom Nelson at Sno-King PSA
JDavis Offline
Smolt

Quote:
Originally posted by Rory Bellows:
I for one have always enjoyed Tom's presentations.

Just my 2 cents
Thirdrockfrom the sun is pretty anonymous. My real homeport is listed, my real initial and my real last name. I mentioned my work with PSA. I am past president and past State board member. Pretty obvious I am Not trying to hide. Tom knows how I feel.
This happened to people I know: You fish with a guy in BC on his boat with his gear, you pay him $ to "teach you how to fish"..He has a really nice boat, writes articles for publications. He does not have a scale on the boat. He does tape measure magic - 35# become 52#..Your "students" show up back at the club with tales of the 52# fish and how nobody else in the club can catch fish...those ten other boats & skippers put real 40# + Kings on the dock every day...
Another story:
You are invited to fish a pretty exclusive derby in BC, a fellow club member adopts the call sign "lesbian one" for the derby..you are not only proud to be an American guest but also really glad you have all those PSA hats and stickers on the boat....
Maybe he has changed.
Now, am I perfect, heck no. !!!
If you or others are going to advertise for him, then I will do my best to present what I feel is balance.

Jim

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 386 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645450 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |