Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#310640 - 08/26/05 01:06 PM Just purchased the Salmon Stalker II
Salmon Stalker Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Juneau, AK
Armblaster has been hounding me for about a year to step up and get a hardtop so to shut him up (and to give the kids a bed) I finally did it. The other boat was great for fishing, but not much good for the kids to sleep in early in the morning or on overnight trips.

I think that I got a good deal on this. It's a 22' 1980 Glasply. It has a mercruiser 470 in it. I'm a little concerned about the engine (big 4 cylinder with 460 head), but it allready has the 4" heat exchanger and will hopefully last. I also has a next to brand new 4 stroke yamaha kicker. Hopefully this has some fish mojo. I won't know for about a week as I can't get out until then. I have a lot of set up to do anyway. There are down riggers to mount and electronics to install.

Does anybody got any insight on this boat? What kind of things should I look out for or change.

#310641 - 08/26/05 11:05 PM Re: Just purchased the Salmon Stalker II
JohnnyDeep Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Renton WA
About the 470, great motor...some issues.
Replace the generator and its water cooled regulator with an althernator... breezeworks.net is the place to get the parts (about a hundred) and they have a small discussion board too! Great moter 221cubic inches and 200 horse with the 4bbl carb...

Johnny

#310642 - 08/27/05 03:50 AM Re: Just purchased the Salmon Stalker II
BiLLYiZME Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Kitsap
i have a 470 on my bayliner....lots of power, good on gas.

i agree...you should change the original charging system ...go to marineparts.com..this is what you want; 18-5953
ALTERNATOR CONVERSION KIT
470 Series Mercruiser

i kept having charging problems etc until i changed it. electronic ignition is a good idea too.

tight lines

#310643 - 08/27/05 10:01 AM Re: Just purchased the Salmon Stalker II
AJ Hartwell Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Duvall, Wa.
Nice boat dude! Where did you find it? Boat trader? Classifieds?

#310644 - 08/27/05 11:55 AM Re: Just purchased the Salmon Stalker II
RK43 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Edmonds
I want your boat!!! I love the hard top glass plys. My fav is the 24 express. You have an awsome boat!!!!

Good job.

#310645 - 08/27/05 12:35 PM Re: Just purchased the Salmon Stalker II
Armblaster Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Lynnwood, Wash
Hey Guys just got back from Westport had to come back early for my Sons first Football game ..

I know I have been hammering on Salmon Stalker to get a New boat , but I did not know it would of turned out like that ... Dude nice Boat !

I see a lot of westport Time in the Future ..

Congrats Kirk and Family

#310646 - 08/29/05 11:29 AM Re: Just purchased the Salmon Stalker II
Salmon Stalker Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Juneau, AK
Hey guys,

Thanks for the thoughts about the new boat. I'd heard the same things about the charging system so I will get around to doing that soon. I'm like what I've heard so far about the motor so that is encouraging, however I still see the engine area as a fish box in the next few years with an outboard bracket on the back. Well, we'll see after I run it a bit.

Aaron, I found this boat on craigslist. I got in the habitt of checking it everyday, like my buddy armblaster. He may even have been the one that turned me on to this one. I had to drive to Sequim to get it, but I think that the drive was worth it. Anyway Craigslist has lots of ads and if you were to look you would see an ad for a 20' sabrecraft in there now. I know that the previous owner put over 6k into the boat and trailer and is selling it for $3950. A good deal. A little bigger than a smokercraft and you wouldn't have to launch at Mukilteo.

RJ43, you weren't the only one that wanted this boat. It was for sale for about 3 weeks before I went over and got it. I surprised Joe, the previous owner, as he didn't know I was coming. There was a guy named Jim from Shelton (maybe on this board) that was on his way to look at it. He intended to buy it. He was running a little bit late and called from Discorvery Bay (most of the way to Sequim) to let Joe know he was coming but running late. By that point my wife had already handed Joe the money for the boat and he told poor Jim it was sold. Jim turned around and went home empty handed. I wasn't sure that Joe was even going to sell it once I told him I wanted it he was having 2nd thoughts. My wife practically had to force him to take the money out of her hands.

As for you Armblaster.... We'll have to go out after work this week to put it through it's paces. Thanks for pushing me into doing this as I'm sure I'll be happier in the long run. After putting $6,000 into the last boat, it's nice to know that when I'm fixing the new one at least I can sleep in it too.

#310647 - 08/29/05 11:44 AM Re: Just purchased the Salmon Stalker II
Happy Birthday The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
I think Salmon Stalker needs to change his login name to Salmon Stalker II.

Nice boat!

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1456 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645377 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |