Duck Rumaki is super easy and I have two variations-

Teriyaki

Marinate 3/4 inch cubed duck breast in whatever teriyaki marinade you would normally use for flank steak overnight in the refridgerator. Drain and to each piece add a slice of water chestnut and rap with quarter slice of bacon and secure with a tooth pick. Bake at 350 for half an hour or until the bacon is almost cooked. Baste with marinade again and return to oven to caramelize. You don't want the bacon super crispy... just to the tooth.

The better version is almost the same thing but with barbeque sauce.

Don't marinade the duck pieces.

Cubed duck breast and water chestnut secured with a tooth pick. Bake for half an hour at 350 or until the bacon is 90% done. Baste with your favorite BBQ sauce and return to the oven for 10 minutes to caramelize the sauce.

I serve this at Christmas and New Years Eve and it sells faster than I can make it- every time.

smile
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.