LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#775235 - 07/28/12 06:59 PM Yamaha T8 Interest?
Wacenturion Offline
Parr

Have an 04' Yamaha T8, electric start, electric tilt, and I believe an XL shaft, may be L but not sure how to measure. Number on motor is....T8PXHC, which means from what I gleaned on the Yamaha site...
T...High Thrust
8...8 HP
P...Power Tilt, electric start
X...25" Ultra long shaft
H...Tiller handle
C...2004

Has relatively low hours. Have installed a custom anode hot water off on feed with plastic valve since I got it with the boat.

Have had it serviced twice last year to correct a fuel problem. Second time around carb completely taken apart and cleaned, new plug installed, as well as oil change, etc. Ran like a little top since then. Now same problem occurred yesterday on the lake.

There are previous owner signs of monkeying with the carb(screw head disfigurement). Brand new carb would fix the problem permanently or someone who is good at doing their own carb take apart occasionally. New carb is approximately $320, plus or minus.

Thinking about spending more than a carb replacement and upgrading to a 9.9 because I could use the extra HP as my North River is a 22 ft. Commander with a full hardtop. The extra 2 horses would make a difference if I ever needed it. Besides this T8 doesn't like me...lol.

So, I am throwing it out here to see if there is any interest in buying it.. I know these go fast. I have explained the problem as not only myself but my local Marine mechanic sees it. Looking to make someone a fair deal, but not going to just give it away.

I can get at least $1000 on a trade in locally, possibly up to $1200. I would probably let it go for $1500. With a new carb or with someone who is mechanically inclined to take apart and clean a carb, it would be a great motor, and worth at least $1600 upward.

My price is based on another $100 to disassemble, clean and reinstall carb to get it running as before (a year ago). So $1500 and a cleaning is $1600. If someone were to put anew carb on it, it would be between $1800-$1900, still a common price on these, and this one has low hours.

Open to offers. First photo shows just a small rash on cowling.
Fourth photo shows two small areas of rash on lower shaft. Seventh photo shows custom anode with hot water hose that has a shut off valve. Otherwise motor looks relatively new.

Have posted on a couple boards.

Edited by Wacenturion (07/28/12 11:01 PM)

#775501 - 07/30/12 10:20 AM Re: Yamaha T8 Interest? [Re: Wacenturion]
JerryP Offline
Fry

Loc: Mtlaketerrace
Pm sent

#775894 - 08/01/12 12:13 AM Re: Yamaha T8 Interest? [Re: JerryP]
Misguided Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: SWWA
Looking at the pics, it is an XL shaft motor.

2nd Generation Army Veteran and Damn Proud of it.

Misguided was the name of my 1st drift boat, I am not to be associated with LAWLESSNESS!!!!

#775939 - 08/01/12 11:05 AM Re: Yamaha T8 Interest? [Re: Misguided]
Wacenturion Offline
Parr

Yes....25" XL

#775992 - 08/01/12 03:12 PM Re: Yamaha T8 Interest? [Re: Wacenturion]
Wacenturion Offline
Parr

No longer for sale. Pumped out old gas from lines, filter, fuel pump, carburetor bowl, etc., until cloudy gas with small water droplets were completely gone and gas was crystal clear (new gas).

Did this by forcing new gas in from a brand new 3 gallon marine tank full of non ethanol with Sea Form. It started as soon as I touched the button.

Almost gave the T8 away. Happy camper here.

#776102 - 08/01/12 06:57 PM Re: Yamaha T8 Interest? [Re: ]
Wacenturion Offline
Parr

Originally Posted By: deckercreekdick
Hey looking at your pictures, I see you use ear muff style garden hose adapter to run or flush motor..... You do know there is a garden hose fitting up by the motor cover on the right side right?..... Awesome motors I have an 05 wouldnt get rid of it

Thought that was just a quick wash out of interior, not for when one wash running the motor. So do you use it and do the same as the what I'm doing with the earmuff attachment at the bottom plate?

That would be nice. moose

UPDATE.....did some searching. Manual saves do not run motor while connected to hose adapter. Can ruin impeller and water pump.

Other forum comments....never beyond idle if so. Most say the same as manual.....do not do it. Use muffs.

Edited by Wacenturion (08/01/12 07:18 PM)

#776151 - 08/01/12 08:51 PM Re: Yamaha T8 Interest? [Re: Wacenturion]
Twitch Offline
The Beav

Loc: Oregon Central Coast
Originally Posted By: Wacenturion
Originally Posted By: deckercreekdick
Hey looking at your pictures, I see you use ear muff style garden hose adapter to run or flush motor..... You do know there is a garden hose fitting up by the motor cover on the right side right?..... Awesome motors I have an 05 wouldnt get rid of it

Thought that was just a quick wash out of interior, not for when one wash running the motor. So do you use it and do the same as the what I'm doing with the earmuff attachment at the bottom plate?

That would be nice. moose

UPDATE.....did some searching. Manual saves do not run motor while connected to hose adapter. Can ruin impeller and water pump.

Other forum comments....never beyond idle if so. Most say the same as manual.....do not do it. Use muffs.

On my old boat, I followed directions of not running motor for flushing (T8) with the hose adapter. As did a friend of mine with a pair of yami's (150, 8) on his boat. My boss on the other hand, thinks that is exactly what that hook up is for, and not only runs the motor, but throttles it WAY up and leaves it running for a while. He has replaced water pumps, and just recently a head gasket, but swears it has nothing to do with the hose hook-up, even though the mechanic has said otherwise.

My motto: On expensive toys, follow the directions.

#777032 - 08/06/12 09:07 AM Re: Yamaha T8 Interest? [Re: ]
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Loc: Toledo Wa
That hose attatchment is for static flush only according to my owners manual. My understanding is that you wont get any water to your impeller. I wouldnt take a chance of running my motor using it. Muffs or a tub is the best option.

#777684 - 08/08/12 05:52 PM Re: Yamaha T8 Interest? [Re: Twitch]
gvbest Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Silverdale, WA
When I got my boat/motor from 3 rivers they told me that was for a quick flush but not to run the motor when hooked up that way as it was very bad for the motor.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
crappieking, steelheadpimpjuice
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1365 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645421 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |