I am sure most perusing the classifieds have seen the original EZ thread yarnie post by now. In case not, it's here:

http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/716009/1/EZ_Thread_Yarn_Balls.html

Have a look for background, rigging, and a bunch of banter that ranges from moderately to highly entertaining.

No major changes or revolutions since the original EZ thread yarn ball was created. I continue to tie them with 6 strands of the Bug Shop's Glo Bug yarn, usually one or two of those strands are the "Bling" yarn for a little sparkle. Most of the yarnies have a finished size of about the size of a penny or nickle.

For the EZ thread veterans out there who have just been dragging them around on the gravel in the form the arrived in, here are a few other ways you might be able to put them to use.

Push them onto your hook of choice, add a rubber egg bumper and voila, quick and easy glo bug rig. Stam calls it the pacifier.

For you bait-under-bobber fishers, slide the yarnie onto your leader above the hook, add a bait weight, and loop in a chunk of your favorite guts or seafood and put it to work.

In the bait loop works just fine as well if you want to add a little color and contrast to your drift fishing bait rigs.

Pink worm with a Jerry Garcia fro? Why not.

Warning, whatever you do, DO NOT DOUBLE STACK!!...unless you go by Parker or Skyguy.

Yarn ball tower of power.

I have been slowly culling a few of the less popular color combos from the mix but can easily recreate anything you don't see below and custom color combos are no problem. These have been the favorites thus far:

Jerry Garcia

Lucky

Oregon Omelet

Pink Lady

Scrambled Egg

POW (pink, orange, white)

Chart and Orange

Pink and white

Cerise and white

Shrimp Cocktail

Chart and Orange

14 B-Lowe

$7 a doz and orders over 6 doz get a free mixed dozen.

And finally, some product testing photos from this fall.

Believe in the power of yarn!

PS - Bob, I owe you some money. Coming soon.

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."