Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#64745 - 01/31/02 11:05 PM Question for Stacy Kelsey
Krome Brite Offline
Spawner

Loc: Washougal, WA
Hello, I seen the article in last Thursday's Columbian newspaper regarding lessoned stocking of trout in Klineline Pond as a result of water quality concerns . Will this be a permanent thing (fewer trout stocked in Klineline) in the future or is it only temporary? I actually fished Klineline about a month ago, shortly after the lake was stocked, and am sorry to say the fishing was poor-for everybody. Besides that, I noticed an overabundant population of algae and slime, which if I'm not mistaken, can both cause a massive fishkill. Another thing I noticed, which really angered me, was the amount of litter in the pond. Over on the north side where I fished that day, I found bait containers, pop cans, snarled fishing line, and other miscellaneous trash. Unless I misunderstood the article, (which as I read it, had to do with the large numbers of trout contributing to water quality pollution), I would think that the aforementioned algae and litter would negatively affect the pond water quality more than fish. In fact, doesn't fish waste positively contribute to the ecosystem in some ways? Just curious if you know any more about this issue. Thanks for any light you can shed on this situation.

#64746 - 01/31/02 11:07 PM Re: Question for Stacy Kelsey
RipDatLip Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Battle Ground, WA
How about planting some sterile grass carp?

Matt

#64747 - 01/31/02 11:32 PM Re: Question for Stacy Kelsey
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Edmonds
How about the bait chuckers and can drinkers pick up there damn trash!!!!!!!!!!!!!What is it about worm containers, I see them at every lake that I go to that is a bait lake? It seems funny but at the selective and fly only lakes you dont see as much trash! You do still see the cans though. I keep all my trash stuffed into my bags on my pontoon. frown

#64748 - 02/01/02 12:23 AM Re: Question for Stacy Kelsey
trouter Offline
Parr

The problem with trash just isn't with places like Kline Line Pond. I hiked into Castle Lake last year and was disguted by the amount of garbage that was left behind. Between myself and a friend we filled in entire 4 person abadoned tent with garbage. It really makes one wonder how people can have such a lack of respect for the out of doors. And unfortunately for the people who do have respect, we lose access to places because of these idiots.

#64749 - 02/01/02 07:41 AM Re: Question for Stacy Kelsey
Mike C Offline

Loc: Redmond
Sad to say, I'm not sure if Stacy is frequenting this forum. I haven't heard or seen a post from her in quite awhile.

#64750 - 02/01/02 04:34 PM Re: Question for Stacy Kelsey
Krome Brite Offline
Spawner

Well, that is too bad if she doesn't visit this forum anymore. Sure did appreciate some of the reports/plantings posts she used to put on here. I just did a search on her name to see if I could find old posts by her and look up her address to send her an email, but the search turned up no hits. Are old posts on this forum deleted, or?? I'd sure appreciate it if anyone else can find an old post by her and put up a link to it on this thread. Thanks.

#64751 - 02/01/02 06:27 PM Re: Question for Stacy Kelsey
Mike C Offline

The old forum is long gone. I looked to see if I had any old e-mail to her, no luck. I did find an e-mail I sent to her boss. You could e-mail him and ask if she could start frequenting this forum. I'll bet if he gets several e-mails it might get his attention. His name is John Weinheimer and e-mail is: WEINHJMW@dfw.wa.gov

#64752 - 02/01/02 06:48 PM Re: Question for Stacy Kelsey
Zen Leecher aka Bill W Offline
Spawner

Loc: Moses Lake
Mike,

I emailed you Stacey's last known email address.

#64753 - 02/01/02 06:53 PM Re: Question for Stacy Kelsey
Mike C Offline

Thank you Zen. I think it's OK to post this since it is an official e-mail address of a goverment employee and not a personal e-mail.
mailto:KELSYSLK@dfw.wa.gov

#64754 - 02/01/02 08:03 PM Re: Question for Stacy Kelsey
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
I fished Klineline last winter. Could not believe all of the algae. It was almost impossible to fish. Saw huge steelhead jumping around though. I would say the water quality is poor considering all of the ducks and geese that patron the pond. I won't be in any hurry to drive down that way any time soon. confused

#64755 - 02/01/02 09:32 PM Re: Question for Stacy Kelsey
Krome Brite Offline
Spawner

Thanks for all the help guys. Really appreciate it. I'll email Ms. Kelsy about Klineline and Mr. Weinheimer about her starting to frequent this forum again. Like Mike said, any of you other guys should email Weinheimer if you would like to see Ms. Kelsy's helpful posts back on here. I know I would.

Carl, that's another thing I forgot to mention about Klineline. The birds. Man do they ever contribute...to kids getting e-coli in the summer! And those cormorants (fish ducks)? I'm sure they play a part in the overall poor fishing shortly after the lake is stocked.

#64756 - 02/03/02 01:02 AM Re: Question for Stacy Kelsey
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
KB, ya know what I am talking about!! There is a lake here in Federal Way that does not have the algae but has all of the feathered friends and the wonderful little worms they leave behind. I would not swim or fish in that pond if my life depended on it. It is NASTY!! mad

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
ET, kbrain57, OLYBEAV
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (I'm Still RichG, Excitable Bob), 547 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |