Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#67335 - 07/03/02 08:05 PM Pt Defience
On The Hook Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Post Falls, Idaho
Hey all I need some help I am going fishing at Pt Defience on Friday and don't know what to use.

Any advice would be welcome and I know there were other posts on whats going on there just no time to search through them all.

Thanks
Robert smile

#67336 - 07/03/02 09:59 PM Re: Pt Defience
F F F Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Kent
Don't go to Pt. Defiance. I'm 0-10 there. Close it down, it's cursed, and crowded. Go to Browns point or Quartermaster harbor or Redondo.

#67337 - 07/03/02 10:47 PM Re: Pt Defience
HBP Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett,Wa
Here's my standard salmon set-up. 10lb mainline,2-3oz lead,4ft of 10lb leader,barrel swivel,4ft of 10lb leader with 3/0 red Gamakatsu's. I like lighter line as I feel I have better bait action,and I don't need as much lead. Although the lighter line cost me today,I was fishing Defiance today and busted off a king in the low 20's. I had caught a blackmouth shaker and didn't check my leader after I released him...ROOKIE MISTAKE!!! mad As I went to net the king the leader broke above the swivel.

The fishing today was really good,I saw 25-30 good fish caught between 4:30am and the change at 7:30am. If you head down take your patience with you,the trollers down there think nothing of trolling 15-20 off your boat. mad

Look for me on Fri. I am in a 15' tan smokercraft with a 25 yamaha. Good luck!

- no boss, no clock, no stress, no dress code...no shoes,no shirts, no problems. - Kenny Chesney -

#67338 - 07/05/02 12:03 AM Re: Pt Defience
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
I agree with FFF! rolleyes

#67339 - 07/05/02 03:08 AM Re: Pt Defience
Mr. Twister Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: wa
Is there beach access at either Redondo or Browns Point? Or would it be stupid to try from the beach in either location?

#67340 - 07/06/02 12:50 AM Re: Pt Defience
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

There is a ton of beach access at Redondo. Not sure about Browns Pt.

#67341 - 07/06/02 04:47 AM Re: Pt Defience
spokey9 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Ravenden, AR
down by the browns point lighthouse there's plenty of spots to fish. i've seen people down there fly fishing for cutts

#67342 - 07/07/02 04:31 AM Re: Pt Defience
Chromeo Offline
Spawner

Loc: Kenmore, WA
i've only done the salt water thing a few times from a boat but any way, could i use a 12'er with a 10hp engine we did it in area 9 but i was wonderin if it would be any different. i would only do it on a nice no wind daytoo rolleyes . I always hate to ask specifics but what will work cut plug herring flasher and a hoochie?

Thanks alot
Tyler

#67343 - 07/07/02 04:22 PM Re: Pt Defience
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

All of the above will work. Don't forget to include some spoons - Coyotes and Coho Killers.

#67344 - 07/07/02 05:37 PM Re: Pt Defience
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Bend, WA
TTT - your boat should be OK, but be very careful. The wind is not really a big deal. It's the currents you have to watch out for. Even right up against the shore it can overwelm a 10hp motor at times when in the wrong place. For example, it you go the Pt Defiance, you'd be fine along the park beach, and down by the slag pile and farther into the bay, but you don't want to get too far past the 'clay banks' (the 'point' of Pt Defiance i think), because the current can get real nasty. Every area is different, so ask around and just play it safe until you get to know the areas better. Then you should still play it safe smile

#67345 - 07/07/02 11:44 PM Re: Pt Defience
HBP Offline
Spawner

TTT...PhishPhreak is right,the current does get rippin' out past the point at Defiance. You don't need to go out there anyways as there are alot of fish closer to shore. I see alot of guys fishing in little boats and most are O.K. It doesn't get to rough out there,but there are some days when it gets nasty. A little common sense goes a long ways when your in a small boat,use your head cause there's no King worth being dead over.

All I ever use for salmon fishing in the sound is herring,a mooching leader and a 3oz.lead. Trolling works really well,but it's not for me. I like to mooch for salmon because I think it takes more skill to consistently catch fish that way.

- no boss, no clock, no stress, no dress code...no shoes,no shirts, no problems. - Kenny Chesney -

#67346 - 07/07/02 11:48 PM Re: Pt Defience
HBP Offline
Spawner

TTT...maybe think about renting a boat from the boathouse at Pt. Defiance. That way you will be in a bigger boat and you can see if you want to go out in yours.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jordan, UncleChris
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1154 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |