LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#67362 - 07/07/02 04:51 PM Lake Pearrygin, anyone?
medan Offline
Egg

My wife has booked in a cabin near Lake Pearrygin next weekend. Does anyone have comments or tips about the fishing there? The lake profile looks a bit lackluster--smallish rainbows. What about other lakes in the area?

#67363 - 07/08/02 12:08 AM Re: Lake Pearrygin, anyone?
FishnfellaS Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Grand Coulee,Wa. 99133
The only "other" lake in that area where you might get bigger than planter size trout is Big
Twin. If you C&R flyfish Little Twin is open for C&R only too amd has some medium sized trout....check your regs for the rules on both lakes. All the other lakes near there have planter size only pretty much except moccasin which is pay to fish.
Don't completely write off Perrygin Lake. It has some huge carryovers for those that know how and where besides the crop of recent planters.
The clue for the carryovers is when they get big enuff they start feeding on CRAYFISH in that lake....that should give ya a hint what to use. Try a fishfinder for where they move around. Probably suspended over deeper water this late in the year and may not bite at all untill fall.

#67364 - 07/09/02 01:34 AM Re: Lake Pearrygin, anyone?
medan Offline
Egg

Hint taken! I'll use the finder and find some crawdads, eh? I thought I might take my canoe along, too, so I could fish Twin Lakes. I looked in the regs, but didn't find Twin Lakes for Okanogan County. There was a listing for Chelan County, but my maps indicate these Twins are in Okanogan. Am I wrong?

#67365 - 07/09/02 02:25 AM Re: Lake Pearrygin, anyone?
BASSER Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Tacoma Wa,
You must have one heck of a fish finder, if you can pic up crawdads on the bottom of a lake. laugh

#67366 - 07/09/02 02:05 PM Re: Lake Pearrygin, anyone?
Rickster Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Renton
My father-in-law fished Pearrygin about a month ago. He had luck trolling with pop gear and a worm. I just got back from Winthop and hit Patterson and Davis. I have had marginal luck on Patterson fishing with Power Bait from the shore. I have caught some cut throats up to 16 inches long. I have fished both sides of the lake at the end opposite the resort. I also had some fishing on Davis Lake (C&R) from the shore with a lure. If you had a boat you would have a better time. I am not really hip on the Twin Lakes. (Or is it the twin ponds....) Good luck!

#67367 - 07/09/02 04:01 PM Re: Lake Pearrygin, anyone?
FishnfellaS Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Grand Coulee,Wa. 99133
The twin lakes in Okanogan Co. are not listed alphabetically as you would think. They
are listed under B and L for Big Twin and Little Twin. wink

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (seabeckraised), 1378 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |