Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#68204 - 09/02/02 01:34 AM Pix of Potholes trout
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Bend, WA
Here are some shots of Josh with our Potholes trout:

The fat little guy on the bottom is 14 inches...

#68205 - 09/02/02 11:33 AM Re: Pix of Potholes trout
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
Very nice!

#68206 - 09/05/02 12:17 PM Re: Pix of Potholes trout
KurtF Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Olympia, WA
Hey PhishPhreak - We were just leaving the dock when you were coming in with the first three trout...man, were they beautys! cool

So...how did they taste? I heard the same thing, that they weren't the best eating, but those fish looked too nice to taste bad.

#68207 - 09/05/02 07:35 PM Re: Pix of Potholes trout
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Bend, WA
Don't know yet. Only kept 1 for my family and won't be eating that one until my dad get's into town in a few weeks. Then we'll be eating some trout and steelhead that I caught this summer. The others were given to neighgors and friends who were having BBQs. Haven't heard the results yet. I'll let you know when I find out more.

One thing I noticed when I was cleaning them is that some had very pink and firm meat. Others had white meat and seemed to be softer. Maybe it was just mental - but you can be sure the fish I kept was a pink one...
Also, some of the fish had nice firm little egg skeins and at least one had some nasty egg skeins that were more loose, greyish white, and definately not 'viable' (this particular fish was one of the white meat \ soft flesh kind).

Does anyone know if these fish are triploids? I don't think they are, but I may be wrong. But just think - if these aren't trips and they grow that well, then just imagine how well some triploids would do out there.

So how did you guys do? What were you after? Where did you fish?

I'm thinking of taking my dad there toward the end of the month. The bass, walleye, and trout should all be doing well by them... But then again, if the silvers are showing in the rivers in numbers, we may have to do that instead. Hmmm, decisions, decisions...

#68208 - 09/06/02 12:47 AM Re: Pix of Potholes trout
KurtF Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Olympia, WA
We were primarily after walleye...didn't get any in the AM, but we ended up thre day with a few keepers, plus a 3 1/2 lb smallie that my buddie's 7 yr old caught. We got in that afternoon just as the water started getting ugly. Good times!

We tried bottom bouncing rigs with spinner/worm combos and plugs, but we only caught fish with a split shot 18" above a nightcrawler drifted along the bottom very slowly...go figure.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Al Gore, czer, Robb92, wallyw
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1155 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645406 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |