Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#71352 - 03/15/04 05:38 PM Kokanee
ThaBigCheese Offline
Fry

Loc: Vancouver, WA
I know that Kokanee are often found at pretty deep levels, being that I don't own a boat is it possible to catch them from shore, or do I just have to go buy a boat before I can catch them?

#71353 - 03/15/04 09:03 PM Re: Kokanee
Poacher Hater Offline
Fry

You can try Alder lake by Mt. Rainier before the summer heat pushes them down too far. I have caught them from shore there using spinners. Try Riffe too, although it contains landlocked silvers not kokanee which are landlocked sockeye.

#71354 - 03/15/04 09:42 PM Re: Kokanee
kjackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Townend, WA
I'm pretty sure they catch some kokanee at the Fishing Bridge on the east end of Riffe. I know there are landlocked coho plus rainbows, but I believe there are some kokanee as well.

At Rimrock, people catch kokanee from shore, working steep banks. When I fished there, the folks were chumming (don't know if it's still legal) to draw them in. I've caught kokanee from the shore at Cushman as well.

In the spring try fishing the mouths of creeks or rivers where they dump into the lake.

Keith

#71355 - 03/16/04 02:06 AM Re: Kokanee
On The Hook Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Post Falls, Idaho
Keith

Where did you fish from shore at Cushman I have been thinking about trying it just not sure where to go.

#71356 - 03/16/04 11:17 AM Re: Kokanee
ThaBigCheese Offline
Fry

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Thanks....I've heard of Riffe, but not sure about the other ones, but I will look into them because I hear they are "good eatin!"

#71357 - 03/16/04 11:52 AM Re: Kokanee
kjackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Townend, WA
PT-- I fished both off the dam at night in mid-summer, but I don't know if that's OK with Tacoma City Light now or not-- huge kokes and rainbows, though. Also, I fished the upper end in early June. That upper area is or can be quite good, especially when snow melt brings lots of larvae down.

Keith

#71358 - 03/17/04 11:10 PM Re: Kokanee
BERKLEY BOY75 Offline
Spawner

Loc: AUBURN
how do you get to the upper end of riffe? i know of access at the dam on the mossyrock side and the other side by the freeway, you can p.m. directions if you dont want to post here.. thanks

#71359 - 03/21/04 04:33 PM Re: Kokanee
Fish Hawg Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Woodland , Wa
How many people jig for them? What are the best jigs to use for them?.....Ross

#71360 - 03/21/04 07:14 PM Re: Kokanee
Smalma Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Marysville
Kokanee can also be caught from shore near the Dam at Baker Lake as well.

Tight lines
S malma

#71361 - 03/24/04 10:55 PM Re: Kokanee
Fish Hawg Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Woodland , Wa
ttt

#71362 - 03/24/04 11:05 PM Re: Kokanee
IC Fish Offline
Smolt

Loc: Monroe
How about Lake Kokanee up near Cushman for kokes also. I've never tried for them up there, but it's deep and looks good.

I'm with PT were abouts on Cushman would one fish from shore?

#71363 - 03/25/04 01:31 AM Re: Kokanee
3RiversBasser Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Kirkland
I've jigged for kokes. I usually whack 'em on pearl pink buzz bombs in the 2" size. Lift the rod tip about two feet, drop immediately and let it sit for a few seconds, then repeat. You get alot of your strikes either when it's dropping or when it's sitting there before you lif it back up. Still fishing w/ korn and/or maggots also whacks 'em.
Seattle Web Design

#71364 - 03/28/04 07:59 PM Re: Kokanee
Beerbelly Offline
Parr

Loc: Van. WA
tAKE COSMOS RD. TO THE FISHING BRIDGE AT TAIDNATAM FISH ON THE BRIDGE. OR AS YOU GO PAST THE MOSSYROCK TURNOFF YOU WILL SEE A PLACE WITH RESTROOMS PORTABLE THAT IS AND YOU CAN WALK DOWN THE STAIRS AND FISH BEHINDE THE DAM, IT GOOD FISHING TOO. beer

#71365 - 04/01/04 03:15 PM Re: Kokanee
Roadkill Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Seattle
Quote:
Originally posted by ThaBigCheese:
I know that Kokanee are often found at pretty deep levels, being that I don't own a boat is it possible to catch them from shore, or do I just have to go buy a boat before I can catch them?
Bill's Boat House at American Lake has a fishing dock. They will let you fish off it for a few bucks. Seen alot of people pull some nice Kokanee out of there. Just an option. Good luck!

#71366 - 04/04/04 01:00 AM Re: Kokanee
BratBonker Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bothell WA
Any other teqniques some one can use from a boat?

#71367 - 04/04/04 10:04 AM Re: Kokanee
Snake Pliskin Offline
Bead

Loc: Duvall
I once wrote an article on kokanee fishing based on my experiences at Lake Chelan. I use the term, "T.O.R." which stands for traditional old rig which is a medium length trolling rod(fiberglass is fine) trolling reel such as Penn 109 filled with leaded line. To the end of the line I attached a Ford Fender flasher, small rubber snubber(important) and about 18# of 4-6# leader then a chartreuse wedding ring tipped with one kernel of white corn. I know it sounds complicated but that system caught many limits. Experimenting with trolling depths, speeds, turns, and of course location on the lake would quickly dial in the best way to catch them. fishy

It worked for me. thumbs

#71368 - 04/12/04 11:43 PM Re: Kokanee
JohnnyDeep Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Renton WA
TBC...
I cant speak for Koks as much as riffe silvers, If you want to know more I can fill you in Via PM.
BB75... hwy 12 e, go past Morton, after you go under a freeway type overpass you will see signs for Taidnapaum and Riffe lake. Go right. at the 4 way 4 or 5 hundred feet take a left.(major intersection for a logging road)(go sttraight and you will go to a launch and good smallmouth fishing on your left if the lake is up. ) This will bring you east and south along the rainey creek flats, the bridge over halfway is rainey creek. The mountain in front of you is Dog Mtn. Follow the rd around the foot of Dog Mtn. and follow your nose(go straight) 'till you come to a bridge. This is the 108 bridge, or the fishing bridge every one talks about. If this does not make you happy go across the bridge and go either left or right, follow the road for a mile or two and check out the fishing areas....(PM me and I will clue you into a zipper........)

beer beer

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
TrollKing, wateronthebrain
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 950 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645423 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |