LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#62725 - 05/14/01 11:52 PM Need a new Name for Triploids...Make a Suggestion!
Reel Novice Offline
Fry

Loc: Bothell
Being that these "altered" fish lack the "balls" of others I think a name needs to be applied.....Here are my submissions:

Paul Schell trout
The RattiFish
or Wayne Cody

#62726 - 05/15/01 12:33 AM Re: Need a new Name for Triploids...Make a Suggestion!
Predator Dawg Offline
Spawner

Loc: land of sun
Lets call them Gary Locke<s>

Hey, I wonder if he'll let Microsoft uproot and move out of state next? Haven't seen him display any nads since his political inception. Seems perfect for the Triploids....sterile and boring. wink

Disclaimer: Not trying to start a political debate with any Locke lovers, simply taking a free shot at him since I feel he is one weaka$$ sister. End of disclaimer.

#62727 - 05/15/01 05:03 PM Re: Need a new Name for Triploids...Make a Suggestion!
Matt Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bellingham, Washington
the best name I'd have to say would be.... Gomer Pile(s) laugh

#62728 - 05/15/01 07:55 PM Re: Need a new Name for Triploids...Make a Suggestion!
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
I have caught a couple of holdovers in Benson lake that gave me a pretty spirited fight, but I can't be sure that they were the results of triploidy, and at least you had a big fish on. Try catching one of the sore mouthed rainbows at Rocky Ford, then whine. I'll still suggest a name though. How about Murrays (patty murray). Not good for anything but eatin food, poopin it out, and TRYING to look like your doing something. Sorry in advance for the potty mouth. rolleyes Besides, I don't think Locke is sterile. Have a good one. Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#62729 - 05/15/01 09:17 PM Re: Need a new Name for Triploids...Make a Suggestion!
Predator Dawg Offline
Spawner

Loc: land of sun
Hey Andy,

I think only his personality is sterile. His actions speak for themselves about having a set of balls.

#62730 - 05/15/01 09:27 PM Re: Need a new Name for Triploids...Make a Suggestion!
404 Error*File Not Found Offline
Parr

Loc: BC, Canada
I know!Let's call them Reel Novices!! laugh

#62731 - 05/16/01 11:26 AM Re: Need a new Name for Triploids...Make a Suggestion!
Reel Novice Offline
Fry

Hey Mick...I knew someone would say that!! That's not fair, as Paul Schell said, " I am not a wimp."

I like the Murrays, but I think it has to be a male who gets this honor!

#62732 - 05/16/01 11:42 AM Re: Need a new Name for Triploids...Make a Suggestion!
Doug Kelly Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bothell WA
andy m, the benson lake your talking about is that in manson county by manson lake, if so know it well my grandfather has a cabin on the lake probably been 25years since i'v been there, doug

#62733 - 05/16/01 11:55 AM Re: Need a new Name for Triploids...Make a Suggestion!
Zen Leecher aka Bill W Offline
Spawner

Loc: Moses Lake
I have a suggestion for a name. How about we call them triploids. If it wasn't for triploids most westside lakes would just have more 8-10 inch stockers in them. And what would the complaints be then.

I caught one 25 inch bruiser this weekend that made some healthy runs. It took me about 7 minutes to get him in. He'd been in this lake for about 2 months now and the fight was different than a month ago. I'd caught others there of similar size. A month ago the fight was similar to the slugging style of Lenore's Lahontans. Now.. there's more power runs.

Also... very few Washington trout can compare to what's up in the BC Lakes. It's easier to get bigger fish up there and more of them.

#62734 - 05/16/01 12:02 PM Re: Need a new Name for Triploids...Make a Suggestion!
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Hi Saltine,
I feel your pain(in my best clintonese)and I can understand your issue with Locke. We could call 'em stones, ie. Can't get no satisfaction.
:p

Doug,
The Benson I am referring to is in Mason County (I do like manson county though, I think it gives a more accurate picture of the average Masonite). The lake is not too crowded, and there are lots o fish. A

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#62735 - 05/16/01 12:02 PM Re: Need a new Name for Triploids...Make a Suggestion!
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Edmonds
I agree with Zen Leecher! laugh

#62736 - 05/18/01 01:36 PM Re: Need a new Name for Triploids...Make a Suggestion!
Reel Novice Offline
Fry

NOBODY IS UNHAPPY WITH THE TRIPLOIDS.......THEY ARE GREAT.............ESPECIALLY AFTER A YEAR IF THEY HOLD OVER, BUT THEY ARE LACKING TESTICULAR FORTITUDE!

#62737 - 05/18/01 04:27 PM Re: Need a new Name for Triploids...Make a Suggestion!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't know about the fortitude part but certainly the testicular part is lacking. How about Eunies ( for eunichs).

As far as political names I vote for Billaries after the other Clinton. She sure wore the pants ( caust Bills were down most of the time) and of course the recent reports about her relationships.....

#62738 - 05/23/01 03:55 PM Re: Need a new Name for Triploids...Make a Suggestion!
Reel Novice Offline
Fry

laugh If it didn't give them publicity..I'd say name them E.L.F. Trout...........

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (SpoonFed), 1376 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |