LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#63500 - 07/31/01 06:35 PM Wanna trade 'secret' fishing holes?
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Bend, WA
I live on the middle fork snoq river, and I have 2 spots that are very special.
1) My 'honey hole'. I've had many 30 fish nights in this run (about 30 fish in 2 hrs). It's not excatly easy to get to, but the work pays off. I've never seen another angler (but a few folks know the spot based on boot prints - not to mention the Elk, Deer, and Beaver that fequent the area). The fish run from 6 to 12 inches and are loaded with energy. Plus I usually hook a few whitefish to 3 or 4 lbs.

2) Not so much of a secret, but many wish it were. A nice little tributary to the MF Snoq that you can only access by knowing where to cross the river and what way to hike. Packed with feisty (6-10inch) trout that will hit even poorly tied, poorly presented flies.

Anyway, let me know if you are interested. I would be glad to take someone to these spots myself. I do both spinner fishing and fly fishing (selective gear rules - I think #2 may be fly fishing only...)

#63501 - 07/31/01 06:53 PM Re: Wanna trade 'secret' fishing holes?
404 Error*File Not Found Offline
Parr

Loc: BC, Canada
Ive got quite the bass hole that is my secret...where is the Snoq?Ive never heard of it and would definitly be interested.
My hole is in Pend Orielle county.

#63502 - 07/31/01 07:58 PM Re: Wanna trade 'secret' fishing holes?
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Sorry - I should have been more clear. My spots are on the Middle Fork Snoqualmie river (above North Bend).

#63503 - 07/31/01 08:49 PM Re: Wanna trade 'secret' fishing holes?
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Loc: Silver Star,Mt
It seems like every time I give out a secret spot. I loose it to about everybody. Had a spot on 4th of July creek several years ago, good fishing. Told so called friend about it. Went back later no fish left I think he fished it out. It was hard to get to. You had to wade thru chest deep water and scale a small cliff. I would like to find some place like you mentioned. I have a few honey holes I like to fish but they are on the S/fork of the Stilly and N/fork of the Sauk. laugh laugh

#63504 - 08/01/01 10:41 AM Re: Wanna trade 'secret' fishing holes?
Micro Brew Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Normandy Park
Chad:

The MF is one of my favorites. I have caught many fish there including some 16". I would love to see a couple of new spots, but not necessarily your secrets. I can keep them secret, I would hate to be blamed for letting any info out.

Do you get up on the Weyco property out of Spur 10? If not, perhpas we can hook up for some of the lakes / ponds.

#63505 - 08/01/01 01:55 PM Re: Wanna trade 'secret' fishing holes?
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Jim, I agree - there are secret spots you share, and those you guard with your life.
My #1 spot is at low risk. It could handle a lot more pressure and still be good (just not as fun). It is also a catch and release river (not that it doesn't have it's fair share of poachers...).
The other little river (my #2 spot) gets a good amount of pressure, but it is fly fishing only and catch and release. And I figure if you can find it, and brave crossing the river to get there, you deserve to enjoy the fruits of your labor!
I remember a beaver pond we came accross as kids. That thing was full of bass and some 2-3lb trout. It was clear that we were the only ones to fish this spot. I came back a year later and there was trash thrown about and only a couple of small fish. I'm not sure wich one of us went bragging about it too much, but we learned a good lesson.

Micro - I haven't been out on Spur 10 in a while. I used to have the weyerhaeuser permit and explored a lot of the north fork and the lakes within that area. It's been about 5 years though. Been wanting to try Mcloud lake - but last I heard, it was getting pretty trashed and overfished.
I just moved from Covington to a place on the Middle Fork Rd - so i'll be closer to my fishing holes (and incidently work in Issaquah smile and plan to really explore the area.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
backcast, Bad-Daddio, Drifter, FishinFredo, kmiller
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (steely slammer, 1 invisible), 234 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63785 Topics
645439 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |