Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#63714 - 09/14/01 11:46 PM Green/Duwamish Silvers
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
Looking for a hot fishing spot this weekend??? I suggest fishing the Green/Duwamish River for Silvers. The river is flooded with fish. The fish almost jump in to your boat. Troll Mag/Wiggle Worts in pink, orange, or green/yellow/orange combo with a trout pole with no weight. Fish the early morning incoming tide for best results.

#63715 - 09/14/01 11:58 PM Re: Green/Duwamish Silvers
HSL Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: seattle
Is the Green even open for silvers right now? I thought the traditional starting date for targeting silvers was Oct. 1st. I could be wrong though.

Tight lines.

#63716 - 09/15/01 12:03 AM Re: Green/Duwamish Silvers
HSL Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Just checked the regs. The river is open to salmon from the mouth to SW 43rd St./S. 180th St. bridge beginning September 15. My bad...

#63717 - 09/15/01 04:15 PM Re: Green/Duwamish Silvers
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

You can fish below the 1st Ave bridge. That section of river opened Sept. 1. Downstream from the 1st Ave bridge is considered AREA 10. The portion upstream from the 1st Ave bridge opened up today.

#63718 - 09/15/01 11:29 PM Re: Green/Duwamish Silvers
Mike C Offline

Loc: Redmond
Interesting, Carl. Are these fish pretty aggressive on those plugs? Beats the missed strikes I had all day off West Point. frown

#63719 - 09/16/01 01:48 AM Re: Green/Duwamish Silvers
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

They can be aggressive when the bite is on. I was out today with two other guys in a boat and we only caught one fish. We did not see very many fish caught either. On the other hand, my buddy fished from the bank and caught four silvers and even a couple of kings (release all chinook). I was not kidding when I say the river is flooded with fish.
Hopefully I will do better tomorrow. I am leaving the boat behind and fishing from the shore.

#63720 - 10/01/01 08:14 PM Re: Green/Duwamish Silvers
Little Fish Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, Washington
Carl,

Have you tried this fishery lately? Is is still producing any fish? I watch as the fish roll everytime I go over the West Seattle Bridge but don't know to try fishing from the bank. Do you have any bank access points you'd be interested in sharing?

Thanks,
James

#63721 - 10/02/01 04:56 PM Re: Green/Duwamish Silvers
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

I fish this river almost every day. Right now the best areas are right around Pacific Hwy, lots of fish and lots of bank access right by the big silver Boeing building just off Pac Hwy (I forget what the exact street number off of Pac Hwy is but I know it is by Horizon Ford). Use large silver Dick Nites or #4 Silver/Silver or #4 Bronze/Bronze Blue Fox's. Fish the early morning low tide.

Good Luck!

#63722 - 10/08/01 02:08 AM Re: Green/Duwamish Silvers
Bear Dubnow Offline
Egg

Loc: Tukwila, Wa
Hi guys, I'm Carls buddy and have been slaying them on the Duwamish/green at the 599 and pacific highway area.. the trick has been FRESH eggs with a little weight and a white corkie or (believe it or not) a mini-marshmellow!! the fish are all over the river but seem to bite best at the low tide ebb.. Gold vibrax #3 & #4 have worked well too- caught a twelve lb monster buck last week and hooked into a bigger one but took me into the snags. Oh yes, bring a lot of gear as you will lose a good deal of it per trip; but it's worth the expense.. Good luck to all and tight lines!! Barry smile

#63723 - 10/13/01 04:19 PM Re: Green/Duwamish Silvers
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Just want to let everyone know the Green is still producing nice fish downstream from Pacific Hwy. I broke my month long fish-less streak today with a nice Silver caught on a large orange Dick Nite. Drifting eggs is also really producing well at day break on a low tide. The tide this weekend is perfect for fishing the Green.

Tight Lines!

#63724 - 10/14/01 01:30 AM Re: Green/Duwamish Silvers
Bear Dubnow Offline
Egg

Loc: Tukwila, Wa
Nice job Carl! I knew a trip to the river would cure the dry spell(P.S. I was there too!)Hey, have any of you heard the rumor the Pro-cure shop burned down and if so what is that going to do the supply of the products? I'll be hitting the river at 0'dark thirty sunday for a few hours before church and might scout out some new spots in the afternoon with the incoming tide- FISH ON!!! laugh

#63725 - 10/15/01 03:38 PM Re: Green/Duwamish Silvers
HSL Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Carl: Just curious--how do you rig your Dick Nites? Long leader with a sliding egg sinker? Split shot? Thanks.

#63726 - 10/15/01 04:21 PM Re: Green/Duwamish Silvers
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

I tie the lure right on to the line, no weight. As far as the fish I caught on Saturday, I was drifting the lure just as if the lure were eggs. The fish hit just as I started to retrieve the lure at the end of the drift. Sometimes presentation can be everything. I have found Coho like large Dick Nites either trolled from a boat or cast + retrieved from the bank. Try silver, orange, red, or silver/nickel combo.

Good Luck!

#63727 - 10/17/01 01:30 PM Re: Green/Duwamish Silvers
bobbersdown Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bellevue Washington
I was wondering what the best set-up might be on the Green for bank fishing and where would be good for this Friday. Anyone have some help for me? I have been using a 'steelhead' setup with a corky and yarn.

#63728 - 10/18/01 09:32 AM Re: Green/Duwamish Silvers
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

The Green is open now all the way up to Hwy. 18. The farther up you go the uglier the fish get though. If you are looking for chrome fish I would stay down stream by Boeing. The Indians pull their nets Friday afternoon, just in time for the weekend.

Hands down....the best set up to use when fishing from the bank is EGGS. Every one who pitches eggs limits out within a couple of hours. Lures work also just not as well.

#63729 - 10/23/01 11:46 AM Re: Green/Duwamish Silvers
bobbersdown Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Carl, thanks for the tip. When you say to use eggs are you drifting with or without a corky? Also, if you are using a corky, what colors are best. Do you know how long the silver run is? Thanks, I went fishing on the Green this weekend down river from the college in Auburn. I will try lower down near Boeing. Any good bank fishing spots? smile

#63730 - 10/23/01 03:26 PM Re: Green/Duwamish Silvers
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Hello, I use corkies, red, white, or any color that is really bright. The run of Silvers should be good till the end of the month down stream. It will be really good upstream by Hwy 18 for a while still. Then you will start to see Chums down stream by Boeing. The Chums run well through Thanksgiving.
Try fishing off of 112th Ave just off Pacific Hwy by Horizon Ford or take the W Marginal Place exit off of Hwy 599 and go straight till you see the river. Both areas have excellent bank access especially at low tide.
This weekend the low tide is in the morning which is perfect. The Indians have their nets up during the week till Friday afternoon so I would not even bother till Saturday or Sunday.
Good Luck!

#63731 - 10/24/01 01:39 PM Re: Green/Duwamish Silvers
bobbersdown Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Thanks Carl for your advice, I will certainly give it a try. Since you seem to be the expert on the Green River :D, do you know anything about the steelhead run? or the cutthroat run? I have heard that there is good access and fishing near Flaming Geyser Park. Any thoughts?

#63732 - 10/24/01 02:04 PM Re: Green/Duwamish Silvers
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Thank's for the compliment Thomas. I am by no means an expert on the Green though. I just have good friends that have shown me the way of the river. I still have a lot to learn!
I started fishing for steelhead on the Green just last year. A friend of mine turned me on to it. One of the best places to go is Kanasket-Palmer S.P. or you can go all the way up to the Headworks Dam in December. I have seen fish taken at Flaming Geyser and Metzler's Park also.
I have not heard anything about the cutthroat fishery in the Green. I did not know one existed. If you know something about the cutthroat fishery let me know.
Thanks!

#63733 - 10/24/01 03:28 PM Re: Green/Duwamish Silvers
bobbersdown Offline
Juvenille at Sea

There is a good run of cutthroat on the Green by several accounts that I have heard. I was flyfishing for them around Flaming Geyser last year and had a blast. They were in the river about this time of year if I remember correctly. I will try to get some of my sources together for you so that you have more concrete information. Did you have any luck on the steelies? I have yet to catch one but have not placed it as a priority yet. I have a list of fish that I would like to say that I have caught at least once and steelhead is right up there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jordan, UncleChris
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1202 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |