Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#64668 - 01/26/02 06:57 PM Great News!
FishnfellaS Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Grand Coulee,Wa. 99133
I just read in the paper where an environmental group bought ALL of Weyerhaeusers Snoqualmie Tree Farm land from them. The article didn't state what the group plans to do with it, except that some logging would continue.
At the minimum I believe it will be the end of the gates and that nasty $65 fee for a key,but again I'm just speculating.
It should also mean a resumption of heavier stocking on the many ponds and lakes in there.
There's some sweet little backwoods trout ponds in there for Seattle/Tacoma area anglers. Hope they make a couple of them C&R waters and give you boys some decent uncrowded quality water to fish.
You'll probably have to beg them for that though as they are 99% put and take minded. A 9" trout ain't much of a trout in my humble opinion.

#64669 - 01/26/02 07:06 PM Re: Great News!
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Loc: Silver Star,Mt
Being an enviormental group(didn't spell that right did I).They will probly close all the land and water down. But You never know what will happen. There is some places in that area that I would like to get to but don't want to spend 65.00. Jim S

#64670 - 01/27/02 12:45 AM Re: Great News!
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Bend, WA
I won't be holding my breath. Those lakes are pretty fragile anyway. If they opened them up completely, it could be a real mess.

A few years ago I got the pass and tried most of the lakes that I could get my canoe in as well as a few hike in lakes. There are fish in there, but nothing to write home about.

But since I know live in N Bend, I would definately have to do some more exploring if they did open it up...

#64671 - 01/27/02 11:57 AM Re: Great News!
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Edmonds
Most of the lakes I have been to up there do carry small fish. But we hit calligan and hancock and I was re warded with some nice brookies. The biggest was 18". Most were 12 to 14". You just haveto knowwhere to go on these lakes. The pass haskept the trash down up there. So I hope they still monitor it some how.

#64672 - 01/27/02 12:38 PM Re: Great News!
Old Man Offline
Spawner

You and that secret lake. What are you trying to do. Drive us nuts about it. I know if you said any thing about it here it wouldn't be secret any more. So shut up about it. Quit teasing us about it. Jim S. laugh

#64673 - 01/27/02 02:40 PM Re: Great News!
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Now Jim, where did I say anything about secret lake? I gave the names in the last post. Just said you have to find where on the lakes the fish are! No secret natta nope Hancock, and Calligan.
I'm not gonna tell you where on the lake,I had to spend 8 hours in the rain and wind to hit the honey holes. And this was time spent at both lakes. Lots of rain ,cold, *****ing etc,etc. Then bam found them. It takes searching as others have said before me to find the spots. Hell we can all go to any lake andtoss the power bait from the bank. I like to search the complete lake. You have that alpine USE it! I did these lakes up in N.bend with my float tube!

#64674 - 01/27/02 09:47 PM Re: Great News!
FishnfellaS Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Grand Coulee,Wa. 99133
There are more lakes in there than just Hancock and Calligan that can grow fairly big fish, but I'll never tell. It would ruin the adventure for all ya, exploring them out.
Like someone said, you might not get the big ones at all tossing power bait. Try scuds,chronies,and minileeches in there, that's 70% of the natural feed up there.Later on use dry mosquotes or dry chronie patterns,if you see them dimpling in the evenings.
Oh, take beetle and ant patterns too in the summer.
I used to get all nice sized Cutthroats in Hancock and Calligan both. Surprised to hear someone say they got brooks, but that would be a natural if someone stopped stocking them with cutts as I suspect might have happened. confused

#64675 - 01/27/02 10:16 PM Re: Great News!
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

F.F. yes that is all Jose and I got at Hancock and Calligan was brookies, If fact the biat boys and trollers thats all they had was Brookies. Yes there are some other lakes in there not SECRET just cant remember there names. But the fish are nice. Someare extremly some fish. Heck one time last summer Jose and I all we caught were these 6" cutts and brookies at Larch lake. Got to explore people, get out drive,walk, run ,fart ,whatever. Jim S there are lakes close to you that have good trout in them. Ever go to any off the mountian loop hwy?

#64676 - 01/27/02 10:21 PM Re: Great News!
jigginjim Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: on the river
ya that is real great news! as long as you were not one of the poor souls that lost there jobs that had been working there for over 30 years.got some other good news?sorry but the gates stay along with the fee for a permit.for at least another year.here some more good news!mabe when your up there looking for that secret spot you will wade right through the piles of sledge they spray all over the place up there.what is sledge you ask?treated human s**t!!how do I know all this ?I'm one of the poor souls that lost his job and watched truck load after truck load of this so called harmless sledge being sprayed over acres and acres of the tree farm.so now i get to suck the taxpayers dollar to the last end to get a new job and fish every day.now that is great news!

#64677 - 01/27/02 11:32 PM Re: Great News!
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Sounds like you have a anger problem? I too have been out of work for over 3 months now . Alot of people are out of work right now. I'm sorry you lost your job. Gates staying up, permit fee's good! It helps keep the trash down. Like I said in an earlier post it is alot cleaner now than 10 years ago! Be nice if they lowered the fee though.
Sludge on the tree farm, You know what they say .
S**T Happens!!!!!!!!!!! :p

[ 01-27-2002: Message edited by: Trout Master ]

#64678 - 01/28/02 10:33 AM Re: Great News!
Micro Brew Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Normandy Park
I like that area, and there are some lakes with very nice fish. Never did as well as TM on Hancock or Calligan. I think it's a positive move. While I agree that $65.00 is a little steep, I pay it just for the opportunity to get away from some of the crowds. I'd like to see the fee stay, just to keep the people numbers down. If you don't want to go to the area, don't pay the fee. Plus, the no shooting provision is nice. I hate being in areas, like around Greenwater, where you can hear the shots but have no idea where they are going to hit. In addition, the garbage is a minimum on the tree farm, as compared to all the trash at Greenwater.

Of course, I'd have room for someone to join me on my pass.....

MB

#64679 - 01/28/02 10:49 AM Re: Great News!
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Micro brew, hey I saw some pic's of Cady. Looks like a nice place! Do they charge to fish it? Looks like a spot I will want to fish. It just has that fishy look to it. laugh

#64680 - 01/28/02 12:31 PM Re: Great News!
Micro Brew Offline
Juvenille at Sea

No charge to fish, but he does request donations. I always throw a few bucks his way. He provides the access and the toilet, plus buys the stockers. Don't know if he still hires the diver to pcik the junk - cans / bottles - off the bottom. Figure it's worth a few bucks.

We can stay up at Mason Lake and travel over from there. I'll check my log for a good date.

#64681 - 01/28/02 02:51 PM Re: Great News!
Old Man Offline
Spawner

I asked you about your pass last year but we never got together. The thread just seem to die. I'm always eager to go with an expert. Got to learn how to lake fish some time. Jim S.

#64682 - 01/28/02 04:03 PM Re: Great News!
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Micro brew, sounds good. Let me know.Yeah thatis a good idea to help the guy out. Is this a place that needs a clean up ? I hate it when I see glass and cans in the water. I just got back from kaufmanns in bellevue. Picked up more materials for bugz's.

#64683 - 01/28/02 04:11 PM Re: Great News!
Micro Brew Offline
Juvenille at Sea

No clean up required at Cady, if you bring it, take it back with you. In general, the people that visit this lake take care of it themselves. I pick up misc. stuff when I go, but it isn't much. Larry also keeps the area neat & tidy.

Jim S., perhaps this is a spot you would like. More on that later.

#64684 - 01/28/02 11:08 PM Re: Great News!
Old Man Offline
Spawner

I would. Jim laugh

#64685 - 01/30/02 07:44 PM Re: Great News!
ltlCLEO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: brownsville wa.
You guys should explore the woods behind Cady lk!

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Bob, Mike Abbott
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (stonefish), 485 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63787 Topics
645459 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |