Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#65557 - 03/29/02 05:52 PM Lakes to fish
Tha Big Cheese Offline
Parr

Loc: Vancouver, WA
I'm new to the area, and I don't have a boat but I want do do some fishing to relax. I live in Vancouver. Where are some good places to go fishing? And some places where I can take my son? Thanks!

#65558 - 03/29/02 06:05 PM Re: Lakes to fish
Banock Offline
Parr

Loc: Oakville, Wa.
One suggestion might be to check on the WDFW web site www.wa.gov/wdfw then click on fishing and shellfishing. Check out anything for SW Wash., especially under fish plants and fishing guides and tips. Just make sure that the lake is open if you are going before April 27th. Good luck and welcome to the area.
Banock

#65559 - 03/29/02 07:00 PM Re: Lakes to fish
JeepMcMuddy Offline
Fry

Loc: Vancouver, Wa
Welcome freedom! A fellow Vancouverite here.
If your looking for a good place to get your kid into fishing Klineline is a great start. Very small pond and lots of anglers, but the stock it with 1000's of rainbows and browns. A feww broodstock rainbows, and an occasional left over steelie. Its crowded, but the fishings easy and great for the kids. Battleground lake is also open and stocked. Vancouver lake is a good warm weather species lake later in the summer. (Too shallow for trout plants though). Lacamas Lake in Camas has some good bank access and is another popular lake. Next time you see Stacie Kelsey on the board say Hi to her, shes works the wdfw for our region. She is very helpful and sent me a packet on lake information in our area! (Thanks Stacie!) Have fun and maybe I'll see you around sometime!

Matt "Jeep" Brown

#65560 - 03/29/02 07:53 PM Re: Lakes to fish
TRAUT Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: HIDING
GO to WashingtonLakes.com(or scroll to the top of this page and click where indicated) and click your county on the map. Abrief description of the lake and fish in it is provided. You can also check any current or archived fishing reports for the lake(s) you choose. GOOD LUCK

#65561 - 03/30/02 04:35 AM Re: Lakes to fish
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
Try Kress Lake (just off Kalama River Rd.). It has been stocked lately with surplus steel from the local hatchery, up to 10lbs. eek

#65562 - 04/01/02 02:45 PM Re: Lakes to fish
Tha Big Cheese Offline
Parr

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all of your responses. I can't wait to get at it! Hey JeepMcMuddy, what species are catchable in Vancouver Lake.....I'm originally from Jersey, and this trout fishing stuff is new to me. I'm used to going after the bass, blue gill, pickerel, catfish and perch.....I love fishing for those, but I think I really want to try this trout thing on for size. I have fished Hagg Lake in Oregon for trout, but this will be my first experience in SW Washington and I'm looking for some spots that I can become a regular at!

#65563 - 04/02/02 12:03 AM Re: Lakes to fish
Fishboy5 Offline
Parr

Loc: Battle Ground, WA
You guys forgot Horseshoe. Not a great lake to fish, unless you know where to fish. If you go to the left from the parking lot, there is a path that leads up to the freeway. Take it and it will eventually parallel with the road. If you follow it along until you get about halfway to across that side of the lake, there is a great place to fish. They let water in from the river, and a lot of fish congregate there to feed. Battle Ground is a great place to take kids (better than klineline because the weeds aren't so anyoning).

#65564 - 04/02/02 09:28 AM Re: Lakes to fish
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

FB5, so that is the scoop on Horseshoe. I have wondered why everyone congregates around that end of the lake. Now I know. Thanks for sharing that little tid-bit of info. cool

#65565 - 04/03/02 01:18 PM Re: Lakes to fish
Tha Big Cheese Offline
Parr

Are any of these lakes open to fishing now? When is the opener for this area?

#65566 - 04/03/02 02:23 PM Re: Lakes to fish
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

I know Kress, Klineline, and Horshshoe are open year round. You will want to pick up a copy of the fishing regs, availble at any sporting goods store.
The trout season opener is the last Saturday in April every year.

#65567 - 04/05/02 02:34 PM Re: Lakes to fish
Tha Big Cheese Offline
Parr

Ok, I know that Trout are the fish of choice out here, but are there any catfish and bluegill fisherman here? Where can I go in Southwest Washington to get a little of this acation???

#65568 - 04/05/02 08:43 PM Re: Lakes to fish
nbdog Offline
Egg

Loc: North Bend, WA
Freedom-later on when the water warms up check out Silver Lake for panfish and bass. I think the resort rents boats, you might want one since this lake is rather large. Silver Lake is just east of I-5 at Castle Rock. I also recall that crappie might be caught this time of year in Coal Creek Slough W of Longview off Hwy 4.

#65569 - 04/09/02 05:32 PM Re: Lakes to fish
JeepMcMuddy Offline
Fry

Loc: Vancouver, Wa
Freedom- Kress Lake has a channel catfish stocking Program. I have heard some of the big toms go 12-15 pounds! Have fun exploring and welcome again to the area!

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Streamer), 1444 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |