Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#67496 - 07/11/02 04:11 PM East vs. West
HBP Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett,Wa
Which side of the state would you rather live on?

- no boss, no clock, no stress, no dress code...no shoes,no shirts, no problems. - Kenny Chesney -

#67497 - 07/11/02 04:19 PM Re: East vs. West
HBP Offline
Spawner

East gets my vote,less people,less traffic,4 distinct seasons,IMO better hunting opportunities...and my first love is hunting,only a couple hrs from the West side.

- no boss, no clock, no stress, no dress code...no shoes,no shirts, no problems. - Kenny Chesney -

#67498 - 07/11/02 04:26 PM Re: East vs. West
Waiteman Offline
Parr

Loc: Granite Falls, Wa.
West side - Salmon, Halibut, Lingcod, Crabs, Oyters.
wink East side - Bass, Walleye, Crappie, Catfish, Perch. frown

#67499 - 07/11/02 05:16 PM Re: East vs. West
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Bend, WA
Farm lands, desert, isolation, 100 degrees summers, freezing winters, not a lot of good jobs, fishing in 'waste ways' and 'seepages', tired salmon and steelhead, ticks, rattlers,...
Actually if I were to retire and become a hermit - just intested in hunting and fishing - then this side may get my vote...

or

green trees and grass (yes, from ALL the rain), puguet sound, olympic peninsula, pacific ocean, countless natural and clean rivers, streams and lakes, more employment options, crowded cities and clogged freeways mad Hmmmmmm

#67500 - 07/12/02 12:31 AM Re: East vs. West
F F F Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Kent
The east is nothing more than a burnt, scorched wasteland. And if it wasn't for an ancient flood, it wouldn't even be good fishing, probably. laugh It's just down right ugly.

#67501 - 07/12/02 01:47 AM Re: East vs. West
BASSER Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Tacoma Wa,
East, way east then north.
Four seasons what a concept.

Spring should not be nine months long.

Blacktail ha ha
Need I say more.

#67502 - 07/12/02 03:25 AM Re: East vs. West
justakick Offline
Alevin

Loc: Spokane
Hey FFF, Washington State does not end at Dry Falls. Although at times trying to fish that lake on a weekend it seems that way. With all the King County cars,just finding a parking place within a reasonable distance of the lake is a challenge. Now why would that be? If it is so bad, then why are you Wetheads always over on the east side of the mountains looking for peaceful, quality trout fishing? wink

#67503 - 07/12/02 12:33 PM Re: East vs. West
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Bend, WA
shhh - did you hear that? Sounds like a banjo coming from east of the mountains... Sure enough - and it's the 'Deliverance' theme as well... eek

The only reason dry falls and other eastide lakes get so crowded is because 90% of the year they are either frozen, or boiling hot - so you have to hit the window just right...

Most deserts and wastelands are 'tranquil' for a reason!!

4 seasons? Try 2 - the HOT season and the COLD season.

Whoever named us the 'evergreen state' never headed east of the mountains...

Just poking fun. There are as many bad things you could say about this side. You just won't convince me today. It's 80 degrees, everything is green and lush, and I can't decide if I should go steelheading or trout fishing... smile

#67504 - 07/12/02 01:59 PM Re: East vs. West
On The Hook Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Post Falls, Idaho
Being from the East side I would pick there.

Yes it is dry in most of it but if you go into the northeast corner above Spokane it is actually really nice.

But I grew up in the Okanogan and actually miss the temps in the summer (was 114f in Okaogan yesterday). I also miss the big snowstorms and such rushing down the Okanogan River Valley in the winter and the hot egg sizziling summers(with an occasional awesome thunderstorm).

Only reason I live in Port Townsend now is my business (Which I am expanding to Omak soon)and my wife being from here.

Its an easy trip to come over here fishing and see family. I did it for years.

But while I am here I take every advantage to fish I can.

And as for tired salmon try accidently hooking a 28# king in tail in the Okanogan River on a spinnerbait. I think he was as suprised as I was. (I know the weight because a fella had a scale to use before I released him)

Question is I had never seen salmon lay up under brush like that before though it was a hot day he must have been doing the shade thing LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh :p rolleyes

#67505 - 07/12/02 03:52 PM Re: East vs. West
HBP Offline
Spawner

Stevens Pass to Cashmere,Snoqualmie Pass to Ellensburg. That is my favorite part of the state.

#67506 - 07/12/02 05:26 PM Re: East vs. West
F F F Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Kent
I fish potholes and a few others but very rarely. Why? Cuz it's always a burnt scorched nothing. LOL. I hate hot, but i love walley fishing. So i guess i can't condem all of it. But most of it. Specially the spokane area. Wetheads??? Wet is better than dead, or parched. LOL I'm just a wus when i'm cookin on a lake. I get full body chapping laugh .

#67507 - 07/12/02 06:06 PM Re: East vs. West
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Loc: Silver Star,Mt
I don't like the East side. Too hot in the Summer and tooo Cold in the winter. I prefer this side of the hump. Milder weather. Besides there are not any biting snakes over here that you have to look out for.

#67508 - 07/12/02 10:55 PM Re: East vs. West
justakick Offline
Alevin

Loc: Spokane
Hey! This is just like the Apple Cup! laugh And You guys are right, it is too damn hot...105 today and a fire just north of town, with more to come I am sure. frown

#67509 - 07/16/02 01:01 PM Re: East vs. West
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
I dunno...

East hunting is 100 times better. Hunting is my love, just like you said HBP. I could spend an entire day looking for ducks and missing all the shots just so long as i still get to walk around like a G.I. Joe with a huge shotgun at my side.

The fishing is also better in the east for lakes... The trout are bigger, more populated, and less tempermental.

The west holds good hunting.. Very good elk as far as what I hear, and there are some BEAUTIFUL northern mallards that fly on down here.

The west has the only access to any saltwater fishing... But I dont do much of that anyways.

Tough decision... Excellent hunting and great lakes vs. good hunting, okay lakes, and actual saltwater.... hmmm.

#67510 - 07/16/02 02:10 PM Re: East vs. West
troller Offline
Spawner

Loc: Renton , WA
Having lived on both sides. I would love to live on the east side. Now if the choice was moses lake or ephrata nothing against them I would rather live west. But having lived near curlew I would go back in a split second if I could make a living their.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (No More Ice Fishin, Excitable Bob, 20 Gage), 1336 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645377 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |