Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#71822 - 05/24/04 03:18 PM Question for Stacie
ThaBigCheese Offline
Fry

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Stacie, I'm targeting Largemouth in the area. Where are good spots for targeting the big mouths at Lacamas? I nabbed one on Saturday fishing at Round.....nice fish!

#71823 - 06/07/04 06:26 PM Re: Question for Stacie
Stacie L. Kelsey Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Vancouver
Lacamas used to be a really great lake for bass fishing but it has really slowed down. Water quality is pretty much an issue. Although on the Round Lake side the water quality is MUCH better.

Other places to try are: Kress Lake, Cowlitz County; Riffe Lake (smallmouth bass), Lewis County; Vancouver Lake (bass and panfish), Clark County; Rowland Lake (lots of great bluegill), Klickitat County.

We are looking at lakes to do some bass enhancement in southwest Washington.

Got any ideas?

stace

moose

#71824 - 06/08/04 11:59 AM Re: Question for Stacie
ThaBigCheese Offline
Fry

I've nabbed a few bass on the Round Lake side. I was there on Sunday after the rains and the water was defintely not clear. It was the first time I'd seen it like that. Thanks for the advice on the other lakes to hit for the big mouths. Lacamas is so close to my house, I'd just hate to give it up.

#71825 - 07/01/04 02:17 PM Re: Question for Stacie
ThaBigCheese Offline
Fry

All I know is that I was fishing in the Round Lake part of Lacamas back by the dam last weekend and some fish which was VERY large jumped and made a huge splash. I looked to see if it was a hawk or heron diving in to get a fish, but no bird. It was definitely a fish and really big. What in the world is in that lake could make a splash as such I surely don't know. eek

#71826 - 07/09/04 05:15 PM Re: Question for Stacie
Stacie L. Kelsey Offline
Returning Adult

probably was a sturgeon....

or the Lacamas Lake monster!!

hello

#71827 - 07/12/04 11:26 AM Re: Question for Stacie
ThaBigCheese Offline
Fry

You're kidding right??? (About the Sturgeon) The Lacamas monster only comes out at night....I thought maybe it was a very large trout or bass or something.....

#71828 - 08/02/04 05:31 PM Re: Question for Stacie
ThaBigCheese Offline
Fry

Ok, Stacie....I was out fishing Round Lake again (Sun Aug 1) and that gigantic fish jumped again! I don't know much about Sturgeon but they don't live in lakes do they? Do they jump like that? I would think that something of that size would be in the main Lacamas part, not Round Lake...Does Lacamas fishing die in the summer???? I didn't catch a thing!!!

#71829 - 08/12/04 02:16 PM Re: Question for Stacie
Stacie L. Kelsey Offline
Returning Adult

Sturgeon are in the majority of our lakes and they do like to jump. You'll see them jumping a lot at Kress Lake.

#71830 - 08/13/04 06:46 PM Re: Question for Stacie
ThaBigCheese Offline
Fry

Jesus! I thought you were kidding! Wow, thats interesting to know. I'll just be fishing for Bass out of Lacamas since the trout fishing is slowed. I may test for some bullhead though.....

#71831 - 08/24/04 01:27 AM Re: Question for Stacie
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
Okay, any ideas on how to target these sturgeon Stacie?? I think I got a new challenge! smile

What a fight that would be on the flyrod... wow

Curtis

#71832 - 08/24/04 04:31 PM Re: Question for Stacie
Stacie L. Kelsey Offline
Returning Adult

Most of the sturgeon are outside the legal limits. HUGE fish. We've shocked some that were monsters. But I'd assume you'd fish for them just like you would in the Columbia (not sure the actual methods though!).

Several years back, a lot of anglers were illegally planting the little guys in several local lakes. One big one died a few years back in Horseshoe when they did an herbicide treatment on the lake.

They seem to do fairly well in the lakes although we've never been able to get close enough to one to sample since our method is shoreline only. Once in awhile we'll see a big one though.

Just remember they do count as a part of your yearly catch even if they are caught in the lake!

moose

#71833 - 08/25/04 12:08 AM Re: Question for Stacie
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
Hmm I'm thinking thats my new goal then, catch a lake sturgeon!

Curtis

#71834 - 09/03/04 01:40 AM Re: Question for Stacie
FlyingFish Offline
Parr

Yep, I've seen some jump in KLINELINE believe it or not. The guy next to me claimed to be the guy who planted them...I dunno about that, might've just been blowing smoke, but anyways, saw 4-5 jumps, might've been the same fish. Looked around 5 feet, unfortunately it was WAAAAYYYYYYY in the back by the cliffs, no access. Didnt catch a thing that morning so it was cool to see. They seem to jump early in the morning, all jumps I saw happened before 7 am.

#71835 - 09/17/04 01:20 PM Re: Question for Stacie
ThaBigCheese Offline
Fry

So.....what exactly is the fish of choice at Lacamas? Is trout the featured fish there? Bass?? Is Lacamas good for trout year round?

#71836 - 10/15/04 01:04 PM Re: Question for Stacie
ThaBigCheese Offline
Fry

So how is the fall fishing at Lacamas anyways? I've never fished this time of year before?

#71837 - 10/28/04 02:07 PM Re: Question for Stacie
Stacie L. Kelsey Offline
Returning Adult

sorry I'm late on this! There's all sorts of great fish to target in Lacamas. Yellow perch, brown trout, rainbow trout, panfish.

The main lake seems to be pretty good for warmwater fish and the the smaller lake (Round) seems to do good for the trout. Especially down by the dam where they like to take a flying leap over it to bluer waters.

There's a new ramp on Lacamas over by the Moose Lodge that I haven't got to check out yet too.

Let me know how you do!!

#71838 - 10/28/04 02:59 PM Re: Question for Stacie
ThaBigCheese Offline
Fry

Thanks Stacie! You are always a great help to me! thumbs

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1406 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |