Hi guys -

Just wanted to check in since I've been absent for awhile.

Things are moving a long here with our winter fishery. The rainbows are growing up to be all the fish they can be and should be ready by mid-end December from the Vancouver Hatchery.

Battle Ground, Klineline and Lacamas are expected to get several thousand rainbows and the rest of the winter fishery stocking will begin in January.

Broodstock should be available around the end of November, starting on the east side of the region (Klickitat) and working their way west then up I-5.

Fishing is fairly slow at the local lakes right now. Goose is still doing good as well planted several thousand cutt's about three weeks ago.

The warmwater surveys got delayed again this year however I have plans to start doing basic surveys at the first of year. All of our lakes need full surveys. I'll be sending out a notice when we get ready for those of you who would like to volunteer to help on the electroshocking boat.

I think that's all for now. As always if you have needs for stocking information, private fish planting, report studies (by species, by lakes) or anything else feel free to contact me at anytime:

360-906-6706
kelsyslk@dfw.wa.gov

or stop by the Region 5 Office in Vancouver.

Take care!

stace

moose