Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#62900 - 05/21/01 05:39 PM real fishing
Zen Leecher aka Bill W Offline
Spawner

Loc: Moses Lake
Mr Trout Master,

I may get to do some "real fishing" in three weeks when I make my week long trip to BC. Some of the lakes we'll fish are around Williams Lake and Quesnel. Elk Lake is one of the ones we'll fish and I'd expect to do "real fishing" there.

My "secret lake" up there might not be "real fishing" as I'd like the fish to key on insects and hatches before I consider it "real". The "secret" lake is what I've been tying all the leeches and woolly buggers for. I tied up a new one last Thursday.. it was the burnt orange one I told you about that is supposed to mimic a crayfish.

I'd like to find a mayfly hatch this next weekend and throw some traditional flies, not the chartreuse jobbies I have lots of in my fly box.

How come you haven't offered me booze, wimmin and ceegars to find out my tiger trout lake? You think my heart can't take it, that's it, isn't it?

I had a physical a week ago and the doctor said I could sing all I wanted... I think he was referring to "wine, women, and music".

Maybe I'd tell you for a bottle of Centrum 50. After all, I'm still exploring.

#62901 - 05/21/01 05:48 PM Re: real fishing
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Edmonds
Bill, I dont drink,I smoke to much, I would offer my woman ,but she has 2 little girls!
So I buy the centrum Silver for you. Keep em away from Micro Brew , I hear he has a problem with them. I think you should meet up with our little B.C. friend and teach him what real fishing is!Or invite him down to Tennesee and let him hear the banjo music! laugh

#62902 - 05/21/01 06:00 PM Re: real fishing
Spawner

You wanna play the banjo for 404*Error?? I know you "nymph fish" but thought that was your only bad habit.

You really got a bottle of Centrum Silver... I'm giving some thought about telling you a certain name. I know vitamins would improve my memory.

This secret lake has a little problem right now. Very active swirls on it... but can't figure out the puzzle of what they're after. I thought either damsels or diving caddis.. but think it must be something else. My next guess is either backswimmers or waterboatmen. Still not sure if I'm close.

#62903 - 05/21/01 06:03 PM Re: real fishing
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

No I dont want to play the banjo for 404. I dont even play the banjo. Heck I dont even know if I can remember how to play with myself! Ok e-mail me on where this lake is. cool

#62904 - 05/21/01 06:13 PM Re: real fishing
Spawner

you sure you wouldn't want to be blindfolded at Vantage and driven over in secrecy from there?

#62905 - 05/21/01 06:14 PM Re: real fishing
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Blind folded,Nah .E-mail will do wink

#62906 - 05/21/01 06:19 PM Re: real fishing
Spawner

you know, I've got a security clearance at work. Do you? How do I know you don't have a "loose lip"? You blabbed right off that Micro Brew was your friend. When he heard that he shook his head and said he didn't know you.

#62907 - 05/21/01 06:24 PM Re: real fishing
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Micro Who?????????????????? I ve only seen his post's. Never met the guy/girl what ever.
I have never claimed to have any friends.
So Bill spill the beans. Via E-mail. But hurry up ,as I'm leaving in about 20 mins.
:p
P.s Cant tell you if I have a secruity clearance. It a need to know basis.

#62908 - 05/21/01 06:42 PM Re: real fishing
Spawner

secret email follows.. classification "private".. but don't get your hopes to high as I didn't spill the beans yet.

#62909 - 05/21/01 07:08 PM Re: real fishing
Micro Brew Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Normandy Park
ZF - Can't speak for TM but I do have a security clearance where I work. Of course I own the company and there is really nothing worth knowing and I'm the only employee. Would a good single malt scotch work, perhaps somehting with a little peat taste like Laiphrog do?? Or do you like something a little more down to earth like McCallan's? Who is the TM guy anyway? BTW - Micro can't remember squat...

When you talk about mini leeches, how mini? We saw a number of very small leeches on the swin fins during our trip last weekend. Some very, very small - they were a light bown / ecru color.

#62910 - 05/21/01 07:18 PM Re: real fishing
Spawner

Micro,

I'm a cheap date in regards to alcohol, but I do like the better vodka. It's not true that all vodka is created equal. I'll be buying some Grey Goose this Friday at the duty free store.

By "mini" I mean a size 10, 3xl hook with a short tail about 1/4 inch long. It's a skimpy tie for the body.

What color is "ecru"?? Is that a variation of brown?

Also.. my leeches sucked the last trip. Sorta took the cockiness out of me as I had to scratch for fish.

Hot fly (if there was a thing like "hot") was a #14 green chironimid pupa with a crystal flash rib for body segmentation. I caught a 25 incher on that fly.

Keep June 2nd or 3rd open for a same day fishing trip. Remind TM if he's kinda forgetful.. or have him take Centrum Silver for improving one's memory.

#62911 - 05/21/01 08:08 PM Re: real fishing
Jim J Offline
Eyed Egg

Trout Master who's that? Must be the cool guy on here I see all the time. Or the one that sent zen a pri message to call him him and forgot to give him the phone number!

#62912 - 05/22/01 10:59 AM Re: real fishing
Micro Brew Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Normandy Park
Ecru is one of those crossword puzzle words that you never get to use, it's basically tan. Looking forward to your 6/2 - 6/3 report. Hopefully, I'll have some info on Cady or other Mason Lake area spots for the board next week.

#62913 - 05/22/01 11:05 AM Re: real fishing
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

What were we talking about? rolleyes

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (FishCatcher, wolverine, 1 invisible), 1446 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |