Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#63168 - 06/19/01 02:19 AM Banks lake
Lami_dude Offline
Egg

Loc: Lynnwood
Hi, planning on a trip to banks lake this weekend, and was wondering if there were any hotels to stay in up there. Also, i was wondering were to go and what to use to catch those famous banks lake bass i've been hearing about. Any help would be appreciated.

-Lami_Dude

#63169 - 06/22/01 05:28 PM Re: Banks lake
FishnfellaS Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Grand Coulee,Wa. 99133
I live near Banks and seldom fish it. Lots of hype goes around,but fishing is poor for small fish. Too many tournaments and guides. The big spawning females get drug right off the spawning beds every year. Lake badly needs some sort of slot limit.
If ya still want to fish it there are motels avaliable in Coulee City on the South end and Grand Coulee on the North. You might need reservations on busy weekends but usually not. Best Bassing is on the north end in the bays for largemouth and rocky points for smallmouth.
Use perch fry simulators or most any topwaters early mornings for largemouth this time of year.
Use Crawfish imitators for smallmouth.
Be prepared for fish under 2 pounds with most around 1 pound. Sure not like it used to be!!!

#63170 - 06/23/01 10:56 PM Re: Banks lake
Lami_dude Offline
Egg

Loc: Lynnwood
Thanks, i just got back and only landed six fish, one was four pounds, two more were 2 pounds, and the last two were about a half-pound. The last two were caught off the dock at the boat launch. The other 3 were caught on a rocky flat, by goose island, along with a walleye, that i caught on a plastic leech that we were using for bass. The walleye weighed in at about eight pounds it was a really nice fish. The bass are spawning right now and it is hard to get them to bite if you aren't using the correct lure which is a plastic leech with two splitshot about 18 in. up the line. is you texas rig them they will snag. I talked to a local and there are no more perch left in the lake due to extremely low water were they spawn at. we fished all day saturday and fished for about a half hour on sunday, due to high winds, we got blown off the water. Also there was a bass tournament going on. Fishing is very slow right now.

#63171 - 06/24/01 10:18 PM Re: Banks lake
Spinner Man Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Spokane
I fish banks lake. And I disagree with some points made.

Yes there are alot of fisherman on the lake. And yes alot of fish get pulled off there beds. But there are lots of big fish in that lake. Maybe not like it use to be, but still one of my fav. lakes. Walleyes, Bass, Rainbows.

Last trip there we caught about 100 bass and 2 rainbows. Both rainbows were over 3 pounds each.

Walleyes have yet to fish them this year.

My bets bass fishing is up near Steamboat rock.

But I will be honest. Best time is earlier in the year.

DON

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (20 Gage, steely slammer, wolverine), 1517 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |