Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#63631 - 08/26/01 10:56 PM Humpy Hollow Pinks
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
Has any one fished Humpy Hollow for the great run of Pink salmon? It is RED HOT action!! All you need to do is get a pink squid, a 11 inch dodger, an eight ounce banana weight, and let out 20 feet of line (DO NOT DOWNRIG). Fish right on the surface and you will catch your four fish limit in a matter of hours if not minutes.

My lines were tight all weekend!!

#63632 - 08/26/01 11:55 PM Re: Humpy Hollow Pinks
Mike C Offline

Loc: Redmond
Great job Carl, although I won't leave my riggers at home. I will run a couple shallower than I normally do. I plan on being out there Wednesday after having been blown off the water last Thursday. Most likely the last pink trip, then it's off to Jeff Head and West Point for the silver action. I also expect to see the Lake Washington silver season open up again this year. What a great salmon season its been!

#63633 - 08/27/01 01:07 AM Re: Humpy Hollow Pinks
Cigar Man Offline
Alevin

Loc: Western Washington
Carl and Mike,

I fished 8.2 today and that's bigest run of
pinks I've ever trolled over in this area.
However, word is the cowboys are netting 8.2
on Monday and Tuesday, so I would target the
hooknose silvers that ar already showing at
Point Wells. frown smile

#63634 - 08/27/01 10:47 AM Re: Humpy Hollow Pinks
Predator Dawg Offline
Spawner

Loc: land of sun
Hey Mike,

Would love to hear an effective Lake Washington tactic for Silvers. I tried for them a few years back off of Arrowhead point. We had them jumping all around us but could not hook one. Threw the whole garage at them to no avail.

Steve

#63635 - 08/28/01 11:21 PM Re: Humpy Hollow Pinks
Mike C Offline

Steve,
Check back on the Archives section for the last two years. I have had some success both jigging and trolling. Other readers have had great success trolling. They can be caught! But it does require a lot of work.
frown

#63636 - 08/29/01 06:10 AM Re: Humpy Hollow Pinks
8 FOOT LEADER Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Seattle, WA, USA
wink
Did someone say Lake Washington Silvers?

Hmmmm I might just have a very effective technique to catch them. Its sooo good that I might wait to post it for a bit, maybe after I've had my share of limits out on the Lake 2 days in a row or so, or who knows maybe I'll post it sooner. I have pics too!

What A tease I am!

8 FOOT LEADER
a.k.a. Steelhead Slayer

Mike might recognize that name, after all he posted a pic of me in his gallery last year with a limmit or two of Lake Washington Silvers.

#63637 - 08/29/01 11:20 AM Re: Humpy Hollow Pinks
Doug Kelly Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bothell WA
hi 8 ft, maybe i'll see ya out there if they have a fishery this year, hope you do as well as last year, but if you tell every one our secret ther might not be any fish left (jk) hope to as good this year if they have one plan on getting out a lot more let me know if interested in hooking up and nailing some fish, doug

#63638 - 08/29/01 02:36 PM Re: Humpy Hollow Pinks
8 FOOT LEADER Offline
Juvenille at Sea

I might be headed out to Westport Saturday/Sunday and then maybe 8-2 or the Snohomish Monday. Not sure how far those silvers have worked their way in yet. I'm suspecting the larger fish are coming down the straight now and won't pop into the snohomish for another week or so. All I know is theres a heck of alot of fish all over, so where ever we go, its gonna be fish on!

laugh

#63639 - 08/29/01 11:51 PM Re: Humpy Hollow Pinks
Mike C Offline

Hi Steelhead Slayer. I remember you're pics, reports , and techniques. They are there in the Archives for anyone interested in viewing them. I will say that the couple times I went out using your setup I had success while those around me caught nothing. But I didn't have near the success you had. So you are the CHAMP smile
I was out to Humpy Hollow today with my kids. We quickly caught 5 humpies and one silver as well as losing a freight train of a fish that must have been a nice hooknose. We then moved over to Possession Bar and fished for an hour catching two nice hatchery silvers. Is it my imagination or have people stopped fishing Possession? I remember 7-8 years ago it would be jammed with boats and fish. Now it was almost empty. We had very few boats around us. I guess people are still concentrating on the pinks. But after two doubles and catching 5 I figured enough is enough, I need to have a chance at a BIG fish. I knew Possession would be slower but also that we would catch some nice silvers. And we did. cool

#63640 - 08/30/01 07:33 PM Re: Humpy Hollow Pinks
8 FOOT LEADER Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Yeah I hope to be out near Posession on Monday, possibly Tuesday as well. I'm going out to Westport Saturday/Sunday though.

#63641 - 08/30/01 10:57 PM Re: Humpy Hollow Pinks
Matt Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bellingham, Washington
Planning on going out this Sunday or Monday, Really wanna hook up with some silvers, will Probably try out around the point a bit... Hopefully we can come in touch with one or 2. I am anxious to go out, havn't done any fishing for 2 weeks, school starts Tuesday
(:mad smile so I have been "getting ready"
TIGHT LINES,
Matt

#63642 - 08/30/01 10:59 PM Re: Humpy Hollow Pinks
Matt Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bellingham, Washington
Sorry for the double post... I meant to put a mad but the system got confused with : )
anyway.. (didnt want to make it look like I actually enjoy school rolleyes )

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Swifty27
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 332 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645402 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |