Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#75139 - 09/10/02 01:01 PM Skagit public hunting
fishgut Offline
Parr

Loc: Marysville
I used to be spoiled and belonged to the Blue Bill Duck club in Conway till it closed down and became a refuge. You know the one, it's where all the snow geese sit now. I've been hunting the public land out the road by blakes. Would anyone be willing to share other public sites? I'm getting ready to just give it up. I do know some good fields but prefer somewhere on the Skagit flats. Thanks.

#75140 - 09/10/02 02:19 PM Re: Skagit public hunting
HBP Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett,Wa
I've pretty much given up on Skagit also.I used to hunt it 15-20 days per year ,but now I go up there maybe 1-2 days. The birds are still there,but there is just too many people that dont know how to hunt waterfowl. I'm sick and tired of so-called sportsman that shoot AT birds working my decoys,the same guys that shoot AT birds across the river. mad mad mad I even had a guy shooting at birds in the parking lot last year,what a phuckin moron! You can have my spot...I'm thru with the whole scene up there. frown

- no boss, no clock, no stress, no dress code...no shoes,no shirts, no problems. - Kenny Chesney -

#75141 - 09/10/02 03:16 PM Re: Skagit public hunting
fishgut Offline
Parr

Loc: Marysville
That's exactly why I'm looking for new locations HBP. Last year I was actually shot at( by accident) from 60 or so yds. Put a couple holes in my waders, he claimed he didn't know I was there. The noise from my gun apparently didn't click with him. I also had people shoot 30 yds behind me over my head at birds coming right towards me. Like I said I was spoiled in the club that I used to belong to. The whole experience up there just leaves a bad taste.
Now that I think about, nevermind about the new locations. I'm done up there!

#75142 - 09/10/02 05:09 PM Re: Skagit public hunting
stilly bum Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: SnoCo
I've hunted the foot access public areas from Stanwood to Samish Bay and also gave up. Too many fools ruined too many hunts. Same stuff as above. People sky busting, shooting off my decoys, and setting up right behind me. If you have a boat you might be able to find decent hunting.
I only hunt private property now. Just from knocking on doors I got permission to hunt a couple of places. My favorite farm is owned by an older guy and he's great about it. I don't leave a mess, I don't shoot early on weekends, and I take him a fish or two each year.

#75143 - 09/10/02 11:43 PM Re: Skagit public hunting
HBP Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett,Wa
Hey Stilly...I've got a boat,I haven't hunted Skagit without one in 4 yrs. It seems that it doesn't matter how far out you go,there's still the same jackasses,doing the same stupid things. mad I used to hunt Potholes 1-2 days per year ,last year it was 10 days, this year it'll be more. I've decided the 3 1/2 hr drive is better than Skagit. Even on the days it's packed over there,it's rare to have guys set-up within a half-mile of us. cool

- no boss, no clock, no stress, no dress code...no shoes,no shirts, no problems. - Kenny Chesney -

#75144 - 09/11/02 11:52 AM Re: Skagit public hunting
stilly bum Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: SnoCo
Sucks to hear that. I thought maybe the extra effort that goes into boat hunting would cull some of the slobs out. Apparently you can run, but you can't hide.

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1408 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |