LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#75237 - 10/15/02 05:13 PM Moose in B.C.
fishtale Offline
Spawner

Loc: Kng
Just got back from up north eh! And all I can say is that a Bull moose is as big as a horse!!My friend Tom and I
went on a guided hunt for 5 days.We flipped a coin to see who would shoot first and I won.On the first day we
saw a couple of cows but no bulls on day 2 Toms turn to be shooter same thing cows but no bulls.
That night Tom and I toast (crown royal) to a bull moose.It was about 8:00am we came around a corner
on a old logging road and all of a sudden there he was right on the edge of the road I stepped out of the truck
put my clip in at this time the blood was flowing hard and the brain was not intact I forgot to chamber a round
click oh [Bleeeeep!] chamberd the next one click (action didnt close all the way forward)one more time bang down he
went down Tom and I high fived he sported a 46in spread.That night Tom and I did the same thing we toasted
for him to get a bull.We hunted all morning and all we saw was a cow.Our guide said he didnt get many moose
in the middle of the day but the weather turned into a blizzard we came around a large mud hole and I looked up
on the ridge ahead of us and there was a cow and a calf on a dead run on top of the ridge.I said Tom look and out
came a nice bull running right behind them.They were out of sight in a flash our guide said they might cross to the
lower road ahead because there was a lake that was surounded by wind fall.Sure enough we just crested the hill
there they were still on the run.Our guide stopped Tom opens the door and they stopped to see what the noise was
and the bull turned brodside Tom got a good rest on a log 300yds away from the bull and hit him hard behind the shoulder
he took off running and Tom hit him in the back of the head and his feet went straight up in the air it was a great shot in
a blowing snow storm. We helped guide our guide through the clear cut to the downed bull and all of a sudden the wind
quit and the sun started to shine!!! What a great hunt!!One I wont ever forget Thanks Tom!!When the film gets developed
I will scan and post some pics!!!

#75238 - 10/15/02 10:48 PM Re: Moose in B.C.
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
Hey sweet! Sounds like fun! Good job!

#75239 - 10/15/02 11:27 PM Re: Moose in B.C.
Big Woody Offline
Parr

Loc: Gold Bar Wa
I'd like to know who the guide was and his phone number. I've always been intersted in a guided moose hunt. Any info would be appreciated. congratulations!

#75240 - 10/16/02 02:01 PM Re: Moose in B.C.
josh870 Offline
Smolt

Loc: Everett, WA, usa
did you spend all your time hunting in the truck or did you get out and walk?

#75241 - 10/16/02 02:10 PM Re: Moose in B.C.
fishtale Offline
Spawner

Loc: Kng
Josh870 we would hike 2 to 3 miles a day if the weather wasnt too nasty( pouring rain or blizzard ) Our guide was 75yrs old but could out walk people half his age he is a iron man!!!

#75242 - 10/16/02 03:54 PM Re: Moose in B.C.
josh870 Offline
Smolt

for moose i wouldnt imagine having to walk for miles. and i dont care about the age of the guide. just asked a question.

#75243 - 10/16/02 11:01 PM Re: Moose in B.C.
glowball Offline
Spawner

Loc: bullcanyon
Glad to hear that you had a great time hunting. congrats on your success. Weird how them ol duffers can move like they do. I just hope to make it that long much less move like that.

#75244 - 10/17/02 09:36 PM Re: Moose in B.C.
josh870 Offline
Smolt

my fater in law is one of those guys. goes all day. looks 50 not 72

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Swifty27
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 378 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645402 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |