Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#76074 - 02/21/03 10:07 AM Snake River Breaks
Fish4Fun Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Renton
My hunting buddy and I have talked for years about trying the breaks of the Snake River. We are looking at the area between say Little Goose Dam and say Clarkston. Do any of you know much about this area. Both of us have 20 foot sleds that we plan to use over there. We are only looking to hunt Deer.

#76075 - 02/21/03 04:42 PM Re: Snake River Breaks
KNOPHISH Offline
Spawner

Loc: AUBURN,WA,USA
I've not hunted the Snake breaks but a friend has. Expect large crowds & full boat launches & campgrounds. Lots of private property & leased land by outfitters. Some steep country, but with that comes some very nice bucks. I'd like to try it also or scout out some land owners but it's a long drive. One of these days. Maybe I could take a scouting/fishing trip in the summer. Yeah that's it.

#76076 - 02/21/03 06:04 PM Re: Snake River Breaks
D3Smartie Offline

Loc: Bainbridge Island WA
There are some big bucks up there but I have found better luck seeing them when we are coming in over the top and hunting chukars.
I have never targeted deer in the area that you suggested but I have hunted deer above the snake in Idaho and done well and shot some big bucks.
If you are going to do it my advice is get high and glass. Look for other people to push the deer to you. The higher you get the better your chances.

#76077 - 02/22/03 12:26 PM Re: Snake River Breaks
bustin loose Offline
Alevin

Loc: Omak, WA
Have hunted the breaks for the last 5 years and have done real well. Just below Lower Granite, but anywhere you can get on top would be good. Take your boat and dump people off on top and have them make a descent to the river and pick them up. Be careful because it is steeper than crap. GL

#76078 - 02/22/03 02:23 PM Re: Snake River Breaks
Fish4Fun Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Renton
Thanks for the info, we were talking again last night about giving this a try. Looks like we will be in the area come season this year. We were laughing about one other thing too. Do you see many Rattle Snakes during this hunt????? SNAKE!!!!!!!! eek eek

#76079 - 02/22/03 03:18 PM Re: Snake River Breaks
bustin loose Offline
Alevin

Loc: Omak, WA
havent seen any yet

#76080 - 02/27/03 03:59 PM Re: Snake River Breaks
powerstrokincowb Offline
Smolt

Loc: Philly via Puyallup
GOOD LUCK!! Most of the land you can access from the river is private and posted. You need to do a lot of research to find landowners, and then you need to knock on doors. Then you have to hope that it has not already been leased.

IF you get permission, there are a lot of deer!! And bring your shotgun too, tons of pheasant and quail.

Two years ago my brother and I hunted in the area and shot a 3X3, my 5X5, three roosters, one greenhead (pass shot when we were beaching the boat), and a lot of quail!!! GOOD TIMES!!

#76081 - 03/02/03 08:03 PM Re: Snake River Breaks
seastrikeathome Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: seattle
I agree with the previous posts. I've hunted upland the last 5 years out of Central Ferry. The bird #'s are up and down (down lately) but lot's of deer. The problem is access. Most of the draws are posted. If you can get permission I would hunt them from the top with a boat waiting at the bottem.
Dave

#76082 - 03/29/03 10:34 PM Re: Snake River Breaks
flytyer Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Kings Valley, Or.
Used to hunt and ride alot in the Snake river country from Hell's Canyon dam clear down to the mouth. The one thing that I could recommend is that you better be in good shape. If the country that you hunt is anything like that upper end of the Snake where we go, It's steep and the mountain tops, touch the sky. There are some big mulies there if you"re willing to do your home work. Good Luck!

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1400 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |