Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#76634 - 06/17/03 11:11 PM Hey Dogfish
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
Didnt you fill all of your tags last year? Or was it just deer and elk??

Do you have any hot spots you'd like to share? laugh I do badly want to get a bear this season. Wouldn't mind a cougar as well cool

Curtis

#76635 - 06/18/03 12:58 AM Re: Hey Dogfish
Anonymous
Unregistered

Got some coordinates for ya on some cougs,, they should be real easy to spot! They got bright colored collars on.

Hey how come ya dont want any secrete spots from me?

When I lived out in Enumclaw, I went out in the hills and learned spots, found sign, spotted animals. I never needed to beg for others hard work!

Kids these days want everything but sure as hell dont want to do a damn thing to get it, except for putting out their hands!

Go get in your Chevy (ya know the one that EPD knows so well) drive up the 71 road. PARK IT! get out of it and go for a hike..

#76636 - 06/18/03 01:31 AM Re: Hey Dogfish
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Hi Curtis,

I filled the elk, deer and bear tags last year, and saw another bear. I am still kicking myself for not picking up another bear tag. Oh well.

All of the areas I know of are down near me. It depends on what method you hunt for deer and elk, for suggestions on areas, but I have a few ideas.

I would suggest investing in a muzzleloader, first off. That way you could take advantage of a late deer season in my area that is "any deer" in three units that lasts a month. It also prolongs your elk season.

Secondly, I would suggesting an investment in time to complete the AHE "master hunter" class. It won't make you a better hunter, per se', but you will have fewer people competing for cow tags, and one bull tag for elk. You will be a smarter hunter though, for using the systems that the WDFW puts in place for hunters with the desire to learn more.

Remember, hunt smarter, not harder. That will produce more game, year after year, than misdirected effort.

You can PM me if you want a few specifics, but let me know what metyhods you intend to hunt, i.e. Modern, ML, Bow.

Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#76637 - 06/18/03 10:09 PM Re: Hey Dogfish
Spawner

driftboater

As you seem so interested in pointing out, I'm not as good a hunter as you. Sorry to annoy you by continuing to prove that fact.

As for the collars... First, the only ones I've seen are dark green. I didn't know they put bright ones on cougars... wouldnt make much sense to me. I know the elk ones are typically white, but that meshes with their hide well enough.

And lastly, I really do not plan to shoot a collared animal. I've seen the work put into collaring them, and I'd be pretty pissed off if someone made that day all for nothing.

Thanks Andy for your help! I sent you a private message!

Curtis

#76638 - 06/19/03 12:12 AM Re: Hey Dogfish
Stringer Offline
Parr

As for collars, I think it is for the most part a waste of money. The gps collers cost around 3,000 dollars, not to mention what is cost to apply them. I would love that job, hang out of a helo and shoot game, snare bears, and trap wolves and cats to take a tooth some dna and get paid to boot. No seasons. Not to mention the fact that the collars ruin the pelt on furbearers.

#76639 - 06/19/03 12:14 AM Re: Hey Dogfish
Stringer Offline
Parr

No offense meant BBVD.

#76640 - 06/19/03 03:25 AM Re: Hey Dogfish
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

The collars on elk are actually just plain leather.

The WDFW doesn't mind having the animals taken, it actually helps provide them with additional info when you return the collars. It is a lot of work, but well worth the effort.

I always take the first legal animal I see for deer or elk, unless I have drawn a trophy tag. Nothing wrong with going home with a truck bed full of meat for the year.

If it has a collar, it is kind of like getting a duck with a band. There is nothing unsportsmanlike taking a tagged animal as long as you follow the laws. If the same elk had the collar fall of a minute before you saw it, you would still shoot it, right? The collar is no issue, kind of an oddity.

Same thing with bear, first legal, but avoid sows with cubs.

Never saw a cougar, but I have seen their tracks, in my footprints, on the way back to the truck. I would take the first legal one, as well.

By the way Stringer, that is me holding the cow elk. What a blast it was.

#76641 - 06/19/03 11:23 AM Re: Hey Dogfish
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy:

Guys if you see a collar, use some consideration and if you do shoot it, take the callar to the WDFW somewhere. If you do decide not to shoot it, the biologists would love ya even more. They are great guys and after the work that they put in, with only the little i saw, I can see why they get pissed when one of their subjects is killed.

Happy hunting!

Curtis
Wow ,,the WDFW Bios would be pissed as Curtis would say.. To me if they get that way over someone taking a legal animal they outa get out of the business thats funded by people that shoot and kill things..

Is this where you get your aggression Curtis? hanging with Bios that get "pissed"

Curtis, where did I say that I was a better hunter than you? those words havent came out of my mouth (or keyboard).
I have never even met you or hunted with you..
Though, after all your past attacks you've laid down on me, I am not really sure what to expect from you but I doubt that I would ever go into the field with you.
All I can do is figure, that its your lack of life experiences and hopefully when the green wears off a little, you will come out of it!

Oh Yea,,,,, Yep,, I will shoot an animal with a collar along as its legal, who knows maybe that collar was in need of maintinance and the additional data as Dogfish mentioned would be pretty valuable also.......Can you imagine all the Bios throwing temper tantrums when a waterfowl band gets called in.....

#76642 - 06/19/03 03:52 PM Re: Hey Dogfish
Stringer Offline
Parr

Dogfish, if you are a bioligist I think you have a great job. I don't totally disagree with collaring. It has just been my personal experience in another state that at times it seems escessive how many animals are collared. I snared a collared wolf this year, and it was interesting to get the background info on her from the bioligist.

#76643 - 06/20/03 12:59 AM Re: Hey Dogfish
Sparkey Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Western Washington
Driftboater-
Maybe your parents needs to have a little talk to you as they forgot to instill a couple things in you at a young age...

1)If you do not have anything nice (and/or intelligent) to say...shut your trap!

...and for God's sake...2) Pick on someone your own age!

Leave Curtis alone...he is just a young kid trying to enjoy the outdoors like so few kids do these days!

#76644 - 06/20/03 01:36 AM Re: Hey Dogfish
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Sparkey:
Driftboater-

1)If you do not have anything nice (and/or intelligent) to say...shut your trap!
Hey thanks for your opinion SIR!

Do a little research on your young innocent Curty and pay special attention to where he attacks me personnally!

Have you ever heard that song, I think Hank Sr. sings it.. Its titled "Mind Your Own Business"??

#76645 - 06/20/03 03:07 AM Re: Hey Dogfish
Spawner

This is my last post here. This is plain out pathetic. First of all, your post (here you are so you can understand):

"Got some coordinates for ya on some cougs,, they should be real easy to spot! They got bright colored collars on.

When I lived out in Enumclaw, I went out in the hills and learned spots, found sign, spotted animals. I never needed to beg for others hard work!

Kids these days want everything but sure as hell dont want to do a damn thing to get it, except for putting out their hands!

Go get in your Chevy (ya know the one that EPD knows so well) drive up the 71 road. PARK IT! get out of it and go for a hike.."

Who sang that song... Something about minding your own business? And where did you NOT attack me here?

Thanks Sparks! And thanks Andy for the info!

Curtis

#76646 - 06/20/03 10:39 AM Re: Hey Dogfish
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
This is my last post here.
You promise?

Quote:
"Got some coordinates for ya on some cougs,, they should be real easy to spot! They got bright colored collars on
Come on, thats no attack! Just telling you I know where some cougars are..

Quote:
Just a question here. No attack!

Quote:
This is just telling you my experiences in finding game. No attack!

Quote:
Have you ever heard of an opinion? that is exactly what this is!

Quote:
Go get in your Chevy (ya know the one that EPD knows so well) drive up the 71 road. PARK IT! get out of it and go for a hike.."
Once again no attack here, just my advise. Take it or leave it!

Quote:
Who sang that song... Something about minding your own business? And where did you NOT attack me here?
Ya like that little saying? Still cant find any attacks, but I sure could find some you've laid down on me, that is if you havent gone back and covered up you tracks already...

#76647 - 06/20/03 03:03 PM Re: Hey Dogfish
CWUgirl Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle, WA
I have a little experience in one cougar collaring program which operates outside of Cle Elum. The department I used to work for at CWU funded the program at Cle Elum high school. I can't remember how many cougars they had collared, but it wasn't that many.

Anyway, the impression I got was that the biologists did not care if you shot a collared animal. There was a lot of information they could collect from a hunter's kill, I think more or less they just wanted their collar back plus info on the cat.

#76648 - 06/20/03 08:57 PM Re: Hey Dogfish
fishtale Offline
Spawner

Loc: Kng
Curtis
Let me help you out!! There are lots of cats and bears very close I live on the hill above the
mill and have seen cats and bears. For the cats
get your self a preditor call and practice. Once
we get some snow go up to Grass Mountain
where they have logged and find a draw with a little cover. Set up so you have a good 360
deg.view and start calling you will see
yotes and a few bobcats and cougars. For bears wait till the berries are ripe (wild blue
huckle berries) get a good vantage spot and use a good spotting scope and you should have no problem getting a bear.If you need some spots to try let me know!!Real MEN don't
leave Enumclaw!!! fight

#76649 - 06/21/03 01:33 AM Re: Hey Dogfish
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Driftboater,

I have seen a number of posts where you take the low road quickly. Take the high road, don't be so quick to take offense. This is just an observation, not a judgement. Get out and play this weekend. I think you need to release some stress.

Take care,

Andy

#76650 - 06/21/03 12:02 PM Re: Hey Dogfish
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Dogfish:
Get out and play this weekend. I think you need to release some stress.
Actually,, This is my first weekend home in the last 30 days.. Just counted on my calender. I was out fishing either stillwaters and rivers or the salt for 14 full days and one day scouting for bear.
Trust me, It may appear that I get all worked up over the munchkins and others on this board but it does not go with me once I turn the cumputer off.....

Quote:
I have seen a number of posts where you take the low road quickly.
sometimes this "low road" is a little less cluttered than the "high road". The folks on that high road are hard to understand with all that "PC" that they have spewing from their mouths.
The low roaders I've found to be more point blank and alot easier to understand wink Just my opinion.....

Thanks for your opinion.

#76651 - 06/21/03 01:41 PM Re: Hey Dogfish
Anonymous
Unregistered

Some of my "low road" comments to BBVD

Quote:
Originally posted by driftboater:
BBVD,, I surely hope that before you get elected into office you will learn some realalistic lessons, maybe finance "101"
We have too many "fuzzy math" politicians out there now.
I apploud you for thinking down the road and having goals,
Quote:
Curtis,
I sure hope you dont think I was name calling you. I apploud you for having goals and if the Govenors office is one of them, wonderful! more power to ya!
Quote:
Curtis,, Forgot to mention I got a 400 pounder sitting right behind me that I got a few years back, just right out of E-claw and another up on Tiger summit.

Dont wait untill the fall, I believe the season start in July/August for Bear.

Also if your into bowhunting you may wanna check out this Youth Bow camp. Heard nothing but good about it and the price is incredible.

If your interested in going, I know a few kids your age that have been going 3-4 years now, you may even know them (Greenwater) If you want I can get you in touch via email and ask them any questions.
Here are some "high road" comments I have recieved from him.......

Quote:
It was supposed to be ME yelling at driftboater and chappy for not knowing how to write the english language.
Quote:
Seriously guys, your posts arent winning me over here. Makes both groups look like idiots... At least Kaari is backing up her shiznit with real data.... Even if it doesn't have a .gov behind it. Learn how to argue, bickering is getting old.
Quote:
driftboater, all youre doing is starting fights... Making the good guys look like the instigators. Gee, thanks for that? At least wait till someone makes a stupid post before jumping on them.
Quote:
Obviously driftboater, once again, you failed to stay focused on the real arguement. My points are:
1) Argue, dont bicker (Its annoying)
2) Use some intelligence in your arguement
3) Use somewhat better grammar
Quote:
Driftboater, I did NOT attack your standpoint or character in any way.

The fact that you see to want to publicly humiliate people for standing against you is showing your childish ways of bickering. There is no arguement here.
Quote:
Driftboater, So, you answer questions well, so youre a people person? But you couldn't even take the time to thouroughly attack my post? Give me a break!
Some others quotes and perspective........

Quote:
Originally posted by Aix sponsa:
Bbvd:
I think you ought to go read the peta revisited post then put your $0.02 in.

Chappy has made some really stupid remarks.
Drift wasn't picking a fight just wanted to finish the debate, and just got to ask the questions we all want to know again.

From my perspective you did attack him.

IMO you where out of line on this one.

And if your so worried about him attacking other peoples posts, why are you up set that he didn't attack you?
Don't make no sense to me. confused
Quote:
Originally posted by Feather:
Just wanted to chime in here. i have been around reading this forum for awhile but decided today after reading this post that i better sign up.

Driftboater you make some very valid points and I like the way you say things. Please keep it up dispite the fledgelings squaking.
I think I know you from another board I frequent and I enjoy what you have to say over there also.
Here he is asking for handouts.........

Quote:
Hey, anyone that says there are to many cougars and bear, e-mail me at kokaneekiller@netzero.com.

Show me those bear and cougars you're always seeing... we'll set a date for the fall.. I'll bring the bow okay?

I'm having lots of troubles finding them unless I'm with Bruce, so I'll just use you guys, since you seem to know what youre doing to!

Seeya then!

Curtis
Quote:
Hey you know of any good spots in your mineral area??
Quote:
Do you have any hot spots you'd like to share? laugh I do badly want to get a bear this season. Wouldn't mind a cougar as well cool Curtis
Then the post that disrespected the Enumclaw Police Dpt..

Quote:
Ugh I've been so sick of the local police lately.

I dunno bout where you are, but in Enumclaw the cops are complete capitalists. I've never seen less then three (sometimes more then 7!) cops around my school at 2:25.

It's kinda odd how we see so many around the school then, but at night theres only ONE road I've ever seen them patrolling, never with more then two cars.

Nice job those Enumclaw cops have. They dont gotta work nights, just rake in all the cash every day at the high school! Damn, looks like I found a good career for me.

Curtis

#76652 - 06/22/03 07:26 PM Re: Hey Dogfish
Anonymous
Unregistered

Whats wrong Andy!

Didnt like my reply here, so ya went to the main board to snibble?

#76653 - 06/22/03 11:46 PM Re: Hey Dogfish
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
Okay plain and simple ... this crap's gonna stop on thye board or you will be posting elsewhere on the web.

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1428 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |