Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#77622 - 05/25/04 01:25 AM special permits
sealice Offline
Parr

Loc: Forks,WA
Anyone sharing what they are putting in for this year. Has anyone drawn a margaret elk tag? Been putting in for the bow tag and have 7 points now I think so getting closer every year. Probly draw on a bad fire year! Not sure on deer yet probly late muley archery.

#77623 - 05/28/04 11:53 PM Re: special permits
Rooselk Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Burlington, WA
Been building points on that Margret hunt myself. Hope to actually get draw someday but I'm not counting on it anytime soon. Sure would be sweet, though.

#77624 - 05/29/04 11:01 PM Re: special permits
glowball Offline
Spawner

Loc: bullcanyon
Margaret has a lot of elk, but I think you can kill a bigger bull on the east side. A guy hates to get stuck with a spike tag though if he doesn't draw.

I drew the combo in Montana this year so I think I might just put in for the point for elk, and probably put in for a late archery muley tag. Obviously I'll put in for the coveted sheep goat and moose tags that I won't draw for about 15 more years, but I gotta build up the points.

Kris

#77625 - 06/02/04 02:07 AM Re: special permits
Fisherdan Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Auburn, Wa, USA
There's only one important draw (elk) and sadly I only have 1 point. So, it'll be a while before I draw. I hunt the East Side and only try for 2 or 3 of the highly selective bull tags. What I try for varies by year, depending on where I've been hiking.

As for deer, I have max points since the system went into effect. Still probably not enough, becuase what I want is the Desert buck hunt. Another 30 years or so and I should draw the hunt.

Not looking good for me to draw a tag in the next few years....... frown

Fisherdan

#77626 - 06/02/04 02:17 AM Re: special permits
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wenatchee, WA
Damnit Glowball.....quit braggin' about Montana beer Whatcha been up to?

We're still going for big bull tags, even though we got Peaches Ridge last year. I just can't get excited about shootin' a cow, so bull or nothing for me.

We've got max deer points, and I gotta go with the home crowd on this one...Chelan County mulies. There's some real toads around here, and I'm just not fond of the "desert tag". I've seen some thumpers over the years on the wasteway, but Russian Olives and cattails just don't interest me.

Then there's always Idaho beer Just not enough time!!!!!

#77627 - 06/03/04 05:02 PM Re: special permits
glowball Offline
Spawner

I tried emailing ya Snit, but either my email is screwed up or yours. Probably mine. I'm heading out for the canal in about 5 minutes.

Kris

#77628 - 06/04/04 04:03 AM Re: special permits
Camofish Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Mount Vernon, WA
I put in for Desert A...again. Along with about 4500 other guys! Figure it will be many more years before I stand a chance. If I get drawn I'm immediately going to buy one Lotto ticket and one Powerball ticket. laugh

Haven't decided on moose or elk yet??? moose

Regards,
Shane

#77629 - 06/06/04 01:46 AM Re: special permits
gsiegel Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Graham
Sealice,

I was fortunate enough to draw a Margaret tag back in '98. It was pretty cool! Got what I consider a real nice bull, too. Only bad part was that was a fire closure year until after the first few days my hunted was supposed to start.

The western side (Weyerhaueser) is pretty grown up with walls of reprod takin' over what was outstanding elk habitat. The biologist for that area told me he doesn't really see a lot of huge bulls taken there, though there are plenty of "nice" bulls still to go around.

The draw odds these days speak for themselves; its about the best west-side option available. I'd love to get the chance again, but it may be a loooong wait!

"I fish, therefore someone else must tend the cooler!"

#77630 - 06/09/04 01:42 AM Re: special permits
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
I'll stick with my ML deer hunts, much better chance at a draw. Probably won't draw for two more years, anyway. Oh well, lots of does to be harvested around here.

Elk is simple, only one hunt this year, Quinault Ridge. If I don't draw, I still have 6 months to bag a cow.

Moose, goat, and sheep are secret, but I figure I should hit one of those in the next 10 or 20 years. One lady I worked with drew a moose tag her first time in. Go figure.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#77631 - 06/09/04 11:40 AM Re: special permits
glowball Offline
Spawner

Wow a moose on her first try. I hope she ran right out and bought a lottery ticket. I'll feel fortunate if I get drawn in 15 years or so.

#77632 - 06/09/04 04:15 PM Re: special permits
Buck Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Tumwater Wa
So for western wa bull tag, which of the units do you guys think would produce teh biggest bulls? Margaret, Toutle, or Quinault ridge? I am leaning toward the Margaret. But think the Quinault may actually be the better choice? I am just curious on others opinons on this? Thanks
Buck

#77633 - 06/09/04 04:45 PM Re: special permits
glowball Offline
Spawner

I think you'd kill a bigger bull in the quinalt ridge unit. You'll see more elk in the margaret unit though. It's been a couple years since I've been in the margaret area, but there were a ton of elk in there last time I was.

Kris

#77634 - 06/17/04 11:38 AM Re: special permits
Never Enough Nookie Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bremerton
So can anyone tell me the advantages to applying as a group over an individual. If one person in a group gets drawn, does that mean everyone gets drawn? I did not see anything in the reg book. Thanks,

NEN cool

#77635 - 06/17/04 09:51 PM Re: special permits
glowball Offline
Spawner

In a party app. one gets drawn you all get drawn. But you have less chance of getting drawn. They average the points for the group. If you have 4 points and billybob has 0 you only get the two points for the party app. So you're name will be in the hat 4 times instead of 16 times.

Kris

#77636 - 06/17/04 11:22 PM Re: special permits
Never Enough Nookie Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bremerton
Thanks Kris, Most of our party has no or only a single point anyway, so it sounds like the group option may be better for us.
So does anyone think that four people with little Elk experience have much of a chance at getting an Elk in Umtanum area? I guess you gotta start somewhere.

NEN cool

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1226 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645375 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |