Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#628359 - 10/16/10 08:25 PM Opening Day for deer
huntncoug Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Echo Lake
I didnt have time this year to go on an ellaborate hunt so I decided to hit one of my close by Mule deer areas. Left my house at 3am and was the first one to the gate, normally 1 hour before shooting time there are 10 rigs parked there. Hiked up 4 miles ( according to my GPS) and was in the zone with an hour left untill shooting time. By 8am I had seen 20+ does and 3 bucks, 2 of them legal. The two that were legal were involved in a knock down fight. I watched then 20 minutes and they never seperated. I could not get to them without going 500 yards through the thickest [censored] imaginable. I spent an hour trying to pick my way through the crap but I was making too much noise so I gave up. I didnt spook them and there was no one else in the area so they should be in the area when I am able to come back.

#628367 - 10/16/10 09:20 PM Re: Opening Day for deer [Re: huntncoug]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Zero deer for the boys. Made three good pushes, put about 4 miles on the boots, and saw nothing. Hunter's X-country running has helped him a lot this year. He did well, Ryan also.

One thing I noticed was a bunch of road hunters, and a few guys without their pumpkin suits. I made mention of it once, and then the boys kept looking for it. They remarked how the other guys weren't being safe.

We had 2 deer in the yard when we left this morning, but we'll save the buck until late season, if necessary.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#628369 - 10/16/10 09:36 PM Re: Opening Day for deer [Re: Dogfish]
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

You'll save it, but what about the neighbors ?!

#628372 - 10/16/10 10:00 PM Re: Opening Day for deer [Re: Oregonian]
bobber&jig Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: KITSAP COUNTY
I have chosen not to hunt this year but went with my neighbor that this is his second year hunting here in Wa. We went close to home and hunted a spot til 930. No deer. Drove to another spot out by Holly... A hidden clear cut.... stepped out... My buddy right behind me... Dude shoot that buck...Nice 2x2 with a doe..big healthy buck... lots of fat on this animal... Good times. Second time for opening day bucks for me!!! Good luck all!!! I will post a pic soon.

#628373 - 10/16/10 10:07 PM Re: Opening Day for deer [Re: bobber&jig]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Cool!

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#628654 - 10/18/10 12:01 PM Re: Opening Day for deer [Re: Dogfish]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Buddies are over on the East side (Asotin area) this weekend/week... Passed on a couple smaller 3pt mulies so far. Looking for something a little bigger...

Keith

#628660 - 10/18/10 12:23 PM Re: Opening Day for deer [Re: huntncoug]
SundayMoney Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett
My son and I hunted 346 for opening weekend. Saw 4 deer while eating breakfast at Gold Creek Friday morning. Didn't see a deer for the rest of the weekend.

Talked to a few other hunters and they hadn't seen anything either.

Only heard 2 shots all weekend.

Could have shot a beautiful 350+ class bull while he stood there staring at us for about 90 seconds. I'll draw that damn Peaches Ridge tag one of these years. beathead

#628720 - 10/18/10 05:38 PM Re: Opening Day for deer [Re: SundayMoney]
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wenatchee, WA
Took the 6yo out for the weekend. Saw 4 bucks Sat, 2 small shooters and passed. On Sunday my buddies 2 boys shot simultanious 3x3's just north of us in the same field. We went over to help, and passed on 2 more small bucks. My kid had a blast...me too...and I've got next weekend plus a late tag.

#629037 - 10/20/10 12:09 AM Re: Opening Day for deer [Re: snit]
landcruiserwilly Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bothell
i managed to kill a spike whitetail in the final minute of daylight on sat evening. we had to go back to fetch bigger flashlights, but we found him in short order. had some tasty backstraps this evening...my buddy sent me a text msg pic today of a nice big 5pt muley from the okanogan he killed yesterday. didn't see to many deer on my trip, but did run into a few grouse (also tasty!)

willy

#629058 - 10/20/10 02:54 AM Re: Opening Day for deer [Re: landcruiserwilly]
fishEmunchR Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Grays Harbor WA
Hard huntin here on the westside. No clouds and lots of moon don't help.

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (No More Ice Fishin, 1 invisible), 1207 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |