Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#77451 - 02/03/04 08:49 PM Any help would be appreciated. Gobble
brassonbrass Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Poulsbo
I've been racking my brain asking questions to folks I know about Turkey hunting in Western Washington. So far, I know that there are a very small population of Easterns in Mason County, and there are some near Grays Harbor. Can anyone dial me in a little better than this without giving away their favorite hunting spot? Do any of you guys hunt the westside for birds? A private email would be fine. Thanks, Brass

#77452 - 02/04/04 10:46 AM Re: Any help would be appreciated. Gobble
Kramer Offline
Spawner

Loc: GH & PA, WA
I've read and heard of birds out near the town of Rainier up Johnson Creek Road. There is supposed to be a decent population of birds out there but mostly on private land from what I have gathered. There are also a few birds on Fort Lewis in the Rainier training area but I don't know if they are allowing civilians to hunt on base, and from what I hear that flock of birds isn't real big to begin with. I also have heard on the Peninsula near the upper portion of the Wynoochee there is a real good flock of birds but they are hard to get to.

I have done some scouting for the birds in the Johnson Creek and Fort Lewis areas and haven't had much success. I hope you are more successful at westside toms than I have been.

#77453 - 02/07/04 03:05 AM Re: Any help would be appreciated. Gobble
RDK Offline
Alevin

Loc: puyallup
hello All I will say is PL. On the coast by Raymand, suckers are thick.

#77454 - 02/19/04 02:40 AM Re: Any help would be appreciated. Gobble
MetalheadRon Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Shelton Wa.
There is a good flock up on the upper Wynootchee but good luck finding them. One other place you can find Goblers is near the town of Belfair. I was driving through about a month ago and saw a really nice tom sitting on top of a stump with about 10 jakes on the ground with 20 hens or so. Really surprised me.

#77455 - 02/19/04 02:31 PM Re: Any help would be appreciated. Gobble
KNOPHISH Offline
Spawner

Loc: AUBURN,WA,USA
I saw that flock near Belfair last summer too. They were walking right along the side of the road. But I think it is mostly private property around there.

#77456 - 02/20/04 02:45 PM Re: Any help would be appreciated. Gobble
wawazat (Mike Hirko) Offline
Egg

Loc: Kelso WA
In addition to those mentioned already, there are turkeys near:

Blue Creek (Cowlitz)

East of I-5 Exit 57

Tower Road off Spirit Lake Hwy

Rose Valley (East of Kelso)

Kalama drainage

Merwyn Dam area (Lewis River)

Mill Creek (west of Longview)

Couple of miles west of Skamokawa

Eden Valley near Rosburg

Most of these turkeys are on either private land (no access) or timber company land that is normally closed to public drive in access, but walk in is usually allowed. Since I helped stock turkeys in some of these areas, I do not think that it is ethical that I hunt on them or point others to more specific locations (some folks say that since a couple or three years have passed, it would be OK). Maybe in another year or two. I personally would like to see the flocks grow over here. Be that as it may, I hunt turkeys over east.

I shot my first wild turkey in 1953 in PA - since then, have shot them in several other states. Turkey hunting can be very challenging or like shooting fish in a barrel. I rather prefer the tough hunt kind - and the killing isn't the important part. Hell, the scouting for them & watching them is the best part. Join your local chapter of the National Wild Turkey Federation or join ours down here. Good hunting!!! Be safe!!! Take a kid - you'll get more out of it than the kid - I promise.

wawazat

#77457 - 03/03/04 07:51 AM Re: Any help would be appreciated. Gobble
sidewinder Offline
Fry

Loc: bothell
Here is a hint... San Juan Islands. Easiest way to complete your slam.

Good luck!

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1291 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645377 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |